Need to leave the country and reenter by suvarnabhumi suggestions ?

I need to activate my elite visa, I want to fly out stay a night somewhere and fly back. Looking for a short not to expensive flight.

Most of the budget carriers go from Don Muang so they wont work because I need to arrive back in suvarnabhumi.

I looked at Penang (good menories there) but no direct flights so that is a no go. I want to fly out on short notice.

I think the budget for the flight is around 10.000 bt.

What exactly are you wanting to do.

Are you wanting to leave and re-enter to get a new entry from the PE visa? You should be able to do that at DMK or any other airport and most border crossings.

Or do you have an approved application and are wanting to get the visa on entry? You have the option of getting the visa at Chaeng Wattana immigration also.

Flights from Suvarnabhumi to Hanoi on VietJet Air round trip approx B4,200.

Enjoy.

When looking at their site its not 100% clear that they use suvarnabhumi, is there any way to confirm this. They look a lot like air asia that is why I worry they fly from don muang.

Are you wanting to leave and re-enter to get a new entry from the PE visa? You should be able to do that at DMK or any other airport and most border crossings.

Or do you have an approved application and are wanting to get the visa on entry? You have the option of getting the visa at Chaeng Wattana immigration also.

I paid for and will get the elite visa. They told me to go to immigration and cancel my visa based on marriage. However when I went there they told me i could not cancel that visa without divorcing (the divorce will come later). So the only way now is to leave the country. They have a office for the elite visa at the airport. That means that I don't have to make a separate trip to Chang wattana. I don't believe they have an office at don Muang and that would mean a separate trip to Chang wattana.

I was amazed by the fact that I could not cancel my non O visa. Calls between them and Elite visa led to nothing. I am actually a bit dissapointed with elite visa for not explaining to me I had to divorce to be able to cancel this visa.

Enjoy.

When looking at their site its not 100% clear that they use suvarnabhumi, is there any way to confirm this. They look a lot like air asia that is why I worry they fly from don muang.

Already checked that out......they fly from Suvarnabhumi

Enjoy.

Enjoy.

Thanks a lot, sounds a lot cheaper.. and never been to Vietnam. Seems like a good option if i want to safe some money

• Like 1

I paid for and will get the elite visa. They told me to go to immigration and cancel my visa based on marriage. However when I went there they told me i could not cancel that visa without divorcing (the divorce will come later). So the only way now is to leave the country. They have a office for the elite visa at the airport. That means that I don't have to make a separate trip to Chang wattana. I don't believe they have an office at don Muang and that would mean a separate trip to Chang wattana.

I was amazed by the fact that I could not cancel my non O visa. Calls between them and Elite visa led to nothing. I am actually a bit dissapointed with elite visa for not explaining to me I had to divorce to be able to cancel this visa.

Canceling an extension is different than changing an entry obtained from a visa or visa exempt. The only basis to cancel one for marriage is for divorce. Not sure they could even cancel one for retirement. Even a an ED extension would require a letter from the school and if working a termination letter would be needed.

I suspect that the Elite staff just were not familiar with canceling an extension.

They may have an office at DMK now. You should contact Thai elite about it.

Canceling an extension is different than changing an entry obtained from a visa or visa exempt. The only basis to cancel one for marriage is for divorce. Not sure they could even cancel one for retirement. Even a an ED extension would require a letter from the school and if working a termination letter would be needed.

I suspect that the Elite staff just were not familiar with canceling an extension.

They may have an office at DMK now. You should contact Thai elite about it.

Thanks, they don't have don muang. I just came off the phone. So it seems im going to Vietnam. Thanks for the help

Everyone else too thanks for the help, will fly to Vietnam booked a hotel already and the plane. Will just be a day of reading books (not too bad as I do like reading) But I would have liked it better if I had not have to leave. Still this makes it all easier. Fresh stamps in my passport.

Just one thing.. is there such a thing as a Visa for vietnam ? Do they accept Thai baht. ?

Some countries now can enter without a visa. Others can get a visa on arrival but it has to be applied for before traveling.

Perhaps look back through this topic for info: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/146860-vietnam-visa-info/page-5

Edit: or here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/832222-vietnam-visa-waiver-proposed/?hl=vietnam

Enjoy.

Thanks a lot, sounds a lot cheaper.. and never been to Vietnam. Seems like a good option if i want to safe some money

I flew VietJet (VJ) from Bangkok to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) last year. I first went to Dong Muang by mistake

but was lucky enough to still have 3.5hr before departure and then hop on the Airport Shuttle Bus (for free) to

get to Swampy. A return ticket between BKK and Saigon on VJ starts at 3,400B (all inclusive) now.

Just go to this website for Vietnam visa-exemption. You'll probably be requested to show the IO an onward ticket

upon arrival, though.

http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption.html

Edited by Too

Enjoy.

It is clear as BKK is Suvarnabhumi, DMK is Don Muang

Enjoy.

Thanks for the confirmation, I have booked already. Only thing I overlooked was a visa, but arranged that too online. This was just a rush thing, normally i plan things well ahead. I was misinformed before.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the confirmation, I have booked already. Only thing I overlooked was a visa, but arranged that too online. This was just a rush thing, normally i plan things well ahead. I was misinformed before.
Did you need a visa? Then you are not a citizen of one of the country's under. As they do not need a visa for a short stay.

Areas Countries Term of residence

Singapore less than 30 days

Thailand less than 30 days

Malaysia less than 30 days

Philippines less than 21 days

Laos less than 30 days

Indonesia less than 30 days

Japan less than 15 days

South Korea less than 15 days

Sweden less than 15 days

Finland less than 15 days

Denmark less than 15 days

Norway less than 15 days

(July 2015 - June 2016)

Germany less than 15 days

France less than 15 days

Spain less than 15 days

Italy and United Kingdom less than 15 days

<snip>

Did you need a visa? Then you are not a citizen of one of the country's under. As they do not need a visa for a short stay.

Laos less than 30 days

Japan less than 15 days

Sweden less than 15 days

Norway less than 15 days

(July 2015 - June 2016)

France less than 15 days

Spain less than 15 days

If you read his profile, you will see he is Dutch (ex-Kaaskop wink.png) so he needs a Visa for Vietnam

Just a simple humble Dutch guy who loves fishing and working out in a gym.

Don't forget you will also have to pay for the visa, when you arrive in Vietnam. The money you have paid for the online service is just for the service, not the visa.

Yes I read about that too, at first I thought that was the payment but it was not. So i went to a bank and got 50$ (visa is 45 but they only had 50$ or 100$).

So it seems I have arranged it all.

<snip>

Laos less than 30 days

Japan less than 15 days

Sweden less than 15 days

Norway less than 15 days

(July 2015 - June 2016)

France less than 15 days

Spain less than 15 days

If you read his profile, you will see he is Dutch (ex-Kaaskop wink.png) so he needs a Visa for Vietnam

Just a simple humble Dutch guy who loves fishing and working out in a gym.

Correct I am Dutch.. not so humble anymore unfortunately. I once was though. Anyway I sorted a visa but when I booked the flight and the hotel I did not expect it. Bit stupid actually assuming I could go there without a visa, but in general I plan things way more ahead and then it would have come up. I was just confronted by some unexpected things at immigration this morning (not being able to cancel my current visa), and next month I am too busy to spend days at immigration. So flying out was the only option.

• Like 1

Yes, go straight to the Visa on arrival counter on left VOA. to pay and give you r passport in to stamp. Some people don't know and queue at the entry desks and then have to go back. Don't stay in your hotel, take a trip around town, see the Opera , the post office, beautiful, and the Cathedral. Have a delicious Vietnamese meal !!! Walk along the river front.Great place.