Police seek Phuket herdsman after wandering bull killed in car collision

webfact

Police seek Phuket herdsman after wandering bull killed in car collision
Eakkapop Thongtub

1442904358_1.jpg
The car slammed into the bull in Thaland at about 5am. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Police are hoping to contact the owner of a young bull that was killed by woman driver on Thepkrasattri Rd in Thalang before dawn today (Sept 22).

Police arrived at the scene, in front of the Thalang branch of the Kasirkornbank, at 5am to find 26-year-old Thanyaluck Plongnilas with minor scrapes to her right leg and the front of her Honda City sedan heavily crumpled.

“I was driving from Patong to the airport when I thought I saw a bull running across the road. I tried to brake and avoid hitting the bull, but it was too late,” Ms Thanyaluck told police

The ensuing impact dropped the young bull by the side of the road, dead.

“This is not the first time we have been called to an accident involving a bull in this area,” said Pol Lt Kraisorn Boonprasop of the Thalang Police.

“We think that this bull was part of a local herd. We are looking for the owner to bring him or her in for questioning and possibly be held responsible for damages.”

The body of the cow was taken to Thalang Police Station, while Ms Thanyaluck contacted her insurance company in the hope of confirming what coverage she had for wandering livestock.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-seek-phuket-herdsman-after-wandering-bull-killed-in-car-collision-54212.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-09-22

Police hope to help the hi-so sue the bull owner quickly. thumbsup.gif

Hi So in a Honda city, are you that poor that you consider anyone with a car HiSo. And I would sue the owner of the cows too, its his job to control his life-stock it should not wonder onto the road. I don't care that they are poor, poor isnt an excuse for lacking responsibility.

Whhaaaat !!

Up this way the driver of the car would have to compensate the owner of the bull. "Your car hit bull, you must pay".

They changed the law about 6 years ago(?) if you hit animal in daytime driver is still responsible but between dusk and dawn animal owner is responsible

Whhaaaat !!

Up this way the driver of the car would have to compensate the owner of the bull. "Your car hit bull, you must pay".

They changed the law about 6 years ago(?) if you hit animal in daytime driver is still responsible but between dusk and dawn animal owner is responsible

Thanks. I've been here 13 years but I missed that change in the law. Sounds almost too sensible to be true :)