Retirement extension waiting time.

I have just visited the Ubon area immigration office to find out the requirements for this extension.

I was told I can apply on the 1st October.

I forgot to ask how long it takes to be issued. Same day or a few days later.

Any ideas how long it takes?

I will be going to Singapore on the 9th.

I can't speak for how the Ubon office handles it, but at the Bangkok immigration office it's same day...actually just takes about 10-15 minutes after you set down with the immigration officer. I've done 7 such extension so far.,,the 7th about 3 weeks ago.

But I read a few posts of some immigration offices that take a few days/a week or so because they want to go verify your address first.

My experience in Jomtien was that I submitted the paperwork for retirement extension renewal in the morning and told to come back next day at 10:00 to collect. Was ready at 9:00 the next day and then I took the document, made copies and then filed for re-entry permit which was done while I waited. The overnight may be due to volume or increased scrutiny of all visas due to recent events.

yes, they do it right away in a matter of 15 - 20 minutes. However make sure you carry all the required paperwork for an extension based on retirement : a Thai doctor's certificate that you are healthy. The bank guarantee. A proof of residence ( a rental contract or your girlfriend is accompanying you with her blue housebook so she can confirm you life there) . Showered, shaved, shipshape.

• Like 1

yes, they do it right away in a matter of 15 - 20 minutes. However make sure you carry all the required paperwork for an extension based on retirement : a Thai doctor's certificate that you are healthy. The bank guarantee. A proof of residence ( a rental contract or your girlfriend is accompanying you with her blue housebook so she can confirm you life there) . Showered, shaved, shipshape.

Ubon immigration is not one of the rogue offices that asks for a medical certificate.

The rest of your post is irrelevant.

Ubon immigration is not one of the rogue offices that asks for a medical certificate.

Apart from the "showered, shaved, shipshape" comment.

That is a given and was not needed in the post.

I have not shaved for years. I do have a neatly trimmed beard though.

Correct to say it is a "given", but I spent an unpleasant few minutes behind a gentleman last week who obviously does not look at TV. Even his girlfriend (wife) sat away from him.

• Like 1

soooory Joe, but "neatly trimmed" beards did not begin with an "s" as the first letter. They are however very appreciated among most Thais . . . . rolleyes.gif