PM Prayut unfazed by Thaksin's Hong Kong meets

webfact

POLITICS
PM unfazed by Thaksin's HK meets

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- PRIME Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday he was paying no attention to ousted PM Thaksin Shinawatra's meeting with followers in Hong Kong. He would not let it distract him.

"I'm doing my job and let the people decide who's right or wrong. Let's play by the rules. When he was in office, I never interfered," the PM said.

Prayut said people should decide for themselves who they thought had been doing right or wrong, but ultimately the rule of law must be upheld.

Justice Minister Paiboon Koomchaya said he saw no problem if Thaksin's followers flew to meet him and he viewed this as normal. To determine whether such a movement was critical or not, officials needed to consider its impact on security. In the meantime, prosecutors and the Foreign Ministry were the key agencies dealing with the arrest warrants out for Thaksin already.

Asked about the political situation, given the fact some of Thaksin's legal charges were about to expire, Paiboon said the cases weren't brought during the time of the NCPO.

Concerned parties should not be too sensitive as long as the rule of law was being upheld. The cases were proceeding in line with legal procedures and some verdicts had been reached. Authorities just needed the public to understand these issues, he said.

On General Prayut's trip to the United Nations General Assembly, Paiboon said he was confident the PM would help others understand Thailand's situation and that General Prayut could take care of himself.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PM-unfazed-by-Thaksins-HK-meets-30269354.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-23

"On General Prayut's trip to the United Nations General Assembly, Paiboon said he was confident the PM would help others understand Thailand's situation and that General Prayut could take care of himself."

Think everyone understands Thailand. They just find the delusions of the current leadership sad and amusing. Sadly, the bar is rather low in world leadership, so Thailand gets little attention other than the slave ships issue.

"Let's play by the rules. When he [Thaksin] was in office, I never interfered,"

Fact: Thaksin was overthrown in a military coup on 19 September 2006. Prayuth was a then Maj. General who helped army chief General Sonthi Boonyaratglin seize control of the Thaksin government.

Fact: Yingluck was overthrown in a military coup in May 2014 led by army chief Prayut who then abolished the Constitution.

I fear that Prayut at best has Alzheimer's disease or a Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), aka multiple personality disorder. Such a condition would be a national concern for Thailand's security.

Fact: Thaksin was overthrown in a military coup on 19 September 2006. Prayuth was a then Maj. General who helped army chief General Sonthi Boonyaratglin seize control of the Thaksin government.

Fact: Yingluck was overthrown in a military coup in May 2014 led by army chief Prayut who then abolished the Constitution.

I fear that Prayut at best has Alzheimer's disease or a Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), aka multiple personality disorder. Such a condition would be a national concern for Thailand's security.

It is difficult to understand if it is delusional thinking or just an apparent disregard for the truth. The rationale is just impossible to follow.

You might want to do some reading up!

How so? Prayut was a Major General in 2006 and was instrumental in the 2006 coup. Here, you too can do some "reading up"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-coup-detat-profile-of-general-prayuth-chanocha-9421094.html

How so? Prayut was a Major General in 2006 and was instrumental in the 2006 coup. Here, you too can do some "reading up"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-coup-detat-profile-of-general-prayuth-chanocha-9421094.html

Will also help Elviajero to read up on Prayuth's involvement in setting up the Ahbisit government in the army barrack. He is clueless or just in denial.

The quote was "When he was in office, I never interfered.

​As Thaksin didn't hold the office of PM at the time of the coup Prayuth is correct unless of course he interfered during Thaksin's tenure as PM.

Will also help Elviajero to read up on Prayuth's involvement in setting up the Ahbisit government in the army barrack. He is clueless or just in denial.

What does Prayuth's involvement in forming the coalition got anything to do with the quote being discussed.

Well I am sure all of you could indeed fill the position of Prime Minister and carry out your duties in a most efficient manner.

Now why not return for a brief period to your country of origin and see if you can save your country by taking on the Prime Minsters job there or even obtain an advisory position .

Sure you will all have the answers there and will be able to put your ideals into practice upon your return here to Thailand.

Edited by arfurcrown

What does Prayuth's involvement in forming the coalition got anything to do with the quote being discussed.

Just responding to your challenge for others to read up.

Fact is that overstay no longer PM Thaksin didn't want to go in 2006. Fact is that no longer PM Yingluck was dismissed by court.

As for the suggestion concerning PM Prayut's health, do you own a mirror?

When he was in office, I never interfered

but did so when his elected sister was by taking over the country by force

The 'elected' party list no 1 candidate of the Thaksin party was no longer in office at the time of the coup.

So everyone in the Army in 2006 played a personal role in the coup and "interfered" with Thaksin? Or is there some sort of a specific cut-off in rank involved in your sweeping declaration?

What specifically was his "instrumental" role in 2006? What specifically did he do to help "seize control"?

It would seem it should be easy to detail these alleged "facts" without obfuscation.

Unlike a lot of people here I do not claim to be privvy to private meetings nor command orders from the PM, the chief of police nor anybody else, but even the most dim-witted person understands that when a person is a senior figure in the military, like a Major General, who is the army chiefs "right-hand man, so to speak then he is instrumental in the Generals plans and work related activities. He was specifically a senior officer in the army who would be following orders - unless you can share something with us that shows he attempted to prevent the coup? The man has a deep hatred of the Thaksin and the Shin family. He was a senior officer and instrumental in the 2006 coup, he was again in a senior role when the military stepped in and killed 90 red-shirts during the 2010 protests and was the leader of the 2014 coupe. Most people seem to think he was under the control of rich paymasters from Bangkok which sounds feasible but either way, he was involved even though it might not suit your view point or agenda. It is what it is.

Alwyn, I think most people would agree with what you are saying about the former General having a lot to do with the last couple of coups. Even the most ardent junta supporter would not argue with you on that point.

But you say - ............."The man has a deep hatred of the Thaksin and the Shin family."..............Apparently he is not the only one ! (The PM and I have at least one thing in common)

And in that article in The Independent that you posted a link to, Andrew Buncombe writes - .................."Mr Prayuth has had a notoriously difficult relationship with the media".....................

Mr Buncombe should do some reading up on Mr T's relationship with the media ! I am sure he could write a ripper of a story about that ! clap2.gif

Most people except the person I was replying to! He definitely isn't the only one with a deep hatred for Thaksin either Mike, I guess all of Bangkok could be guilty of that one! What some people don't recognize or even understand is that Thaksin also still has masses who love him. In my opinion, he suffers from what most Thais suffer from, greed, pure and simple. And like most greedy people Including every politician past and present, the power brought along the abuse of that power so he could indulge his greed. On the other hand, I believe he did do a lot for the country, unfortunately, it benefitted the poor rather than the rich so he had to go. Did he do the good things out of altruism or to further his greed? I'm going with a bit of both but primarily greed. But then again I think there re far worse than he and I would put Suthep in that group!

ps. I think great books could be written about Thaksin and Prayut too! But me thinks the author would find an early demise..

Edited by Alwyn

He prefers to make his own "facts" up. A bit like most of the babble issued via the Shin PR machine - devoid of facts mostly.

So Yingluck was overthrown in a military coup? He must have missed the bit where she dissolved parliament and was then removed by a court for abuse of power before the coup took place.

Or was Thaksin actually the PM in 2006?

But his version reads better from the Shin viewpoint, and we all know they have a problem with truth.

Ans he accuses others of Alzheimer's disease or DID 555.

It is difficult to understand if it is delusional thinking or just an apparent disregard for the truth. The rationale is just impossible to follow.

Yes the reasoning behind the presentation of untruths as "facts" in Srikcir's post is hard to fathom. Perhaps he simply prefers his untrue version of history.

Try reading up on the usual distortions presented as fact e.g was Yingluck removed by a coup? Did you miss the bit where she was previously removed by a court for abuse of power too?

Will you, Srikcir, LannaGuy read up on Yingluck and Thaksin and stop pretending.

Lying that they were removed in a coup by armed force sounds much better than being removed by a court or resigning to to public outcry and protest for cheating.

He's not clueless nor does he deny Prayut's involvement in army led coups. He does though spot the Shin PR lies.