VW in Thailand

ThaiBob

Since Volkswagen has shot itself in the foot,

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2015/09/23/vw-volkswagen-winterkorn-first-take-resign/72677478/

Are VW diesels sold in Thailand? Will the fallout impact the proposed new Thailand plant. Will Audi, BMW and MB diesels come out unscathed as the reputation of the German car industry is damaged?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who knows... to all questions.

All I can say is, don't be surprised if more 'special ECU programs' are discovered...

Over the years I've heard several rumors of such. Not just for FE/emissions tests either - I've even heard a rumor of a special program to pass noise pollution tests. All just rumors though, so not naming anything ;)

Edited by IMHO

I wonder what VW are going to display on their "Eco Stickers" that become mandatory this December? http://car.go.th/

For that matter, I wonder what they're all going to display tongue.png

Under the 2016 tax rules, it's not just about fines - it's about taxes applied too. Double whammy.

Edited by IMHO

They offer models with TDI (turbo diesel) motors.

No idea whether its the motor affected by the fraud.

http://www.volkswagen.co.th/en/models/Scirocco/trimlevel_overview.s9_trimlevel_detail.suffix.html/scirocco~2F2-0-tdi.html#/tab=894f82042d7129139dfdfe3cc92666d1

VW is a small player in Thailand. Expensive and no prestige. Thats a nono.

Even the distribution/marketing seems to be in Singapore?

BMW and Mercedes are bigger here.

I often saw BMW diesel cars, 5 series.

Lets hope that BMW and the other German manufacturers are "clean" whistling.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

Here's what the elephant in the room wants to ask:

What if all manufacturers are found to have done the same?

Should we all be rushing out to buy our diesel cars now, before diesel cars are either pulled from sale to avoid litigation/taxes/fines, or even just banned?

Edited by IMHO

Here's what the elephant in the room wants to ask:

What if all manufacturers are found to have done the same?

Should we all be rushing out to buy our diesel cars now, before diesel cars are either pulled from sale to avoid litigation/taxes/fines, or even just banned?

BlueTEC will be within a few sights, I should think!

http://www.volkswagen.co.th/en/models/Scirocco/trimlevel_overview.s9_trimlevel_detail.suffix.html/scirocco~2F2-0-tdi.html#/tab=894f82042d7129139dfdfe3cc92666d1

BBC ran an article about the guy who tested the VW cars - he said a BMW X 5 was actually cleaner than the published figures on the road. So looks like BMW kept their act together.

Should be some cheap VWs on the market going forward... even the petrol ones being savaged by this!

I wonder if it will bring down any bad sentiment on their other brands such as Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche??

Well ignoring Audi, because the Q3 is part of the scandal... do you feel any ill sentiment towards Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini or Porsche as a result?

BBC ran an article about the guy who tested the VW cars - he said a BMW X 5 was actually cleaner than the published figures on the road. So looks like BMW kept their act together.

+1 You are correct. Mercedes Benz refused by the way to provide a car for the tests and their is a possibility that Mercedes Benz might be tested soon. Volvo by the way had the worse test of all and Renault too.

This article says Audi A3, 2009 – 2015 are also affected by this.

I'm not sure the image of VW will ever recover.

I also wouldn't bet against VW being the only car maker involved in such malpractice.

And I've no idea if VW in Thailand are affected.

I would be pretty angry if I was a VW owner right now

Why? like pollution of anything is a major concern in Thailand

Should be some cheap VWs on the market going forward... even the petrol ones being savaged by this!

I wonder if it will bring down any bad sentiment on their other brands such as Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche??

Well ignoring Audi, because the Q3 is part of the scandal... do you feel any ill sentiment towards Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini or Porsche as a result?

I don't really expect so, but it sure doesn't help them! This sort of behaviour is not something one expects from such an enduring brand as VW... terrible shame.

All I can say is, don't be surprised if more 'special ECU programs' are discovered...

Over the years I've heard several rumors of such. Not just for FE/emissions tests either - I've even heard a rumor of a special program to pass noise pollution tests. All just rumors though, so not naming anything wink.png

perfect another old woman spreading rumors. just so you understand why your life goes wrong.

Over the years I've heard several rumors of such. Not just for FE/emissions tests either - I've even heard a rumor of a special program to pass noise pollution tests. All just rumors though, so not naming anything ;)

Seems so. Diesel-Skandal noch größer? - BMW überschreitet europäische Abgasnorm deutlich

http://focus.de/4969260

If I could afford any of the above, I would join the rest of the owners and care nothing about the rest of us peasants. All unsuitable for Thai roads anyway.

it seems that the extra pollution is likely to have killed some people. If this is true. It is Germany that should be carrying out the investigation. They should take everybody involved to court. From the person that wrote the coed up to the CEO. Any person involved should either be fined or jailed. Millions of people have bought VW cars because of lies told to them. Each one of them deserves compensation. Compensation should be paid until VW does not have any money or assets left.

When questions were asked in 2014, the company again lied and tried to cover up their cheating. If Germany does not investigate these events, it will reflect badly on Germany. Like the German soldiers that committed mass murder during World War I and II. Following orders is not an excuse. Hundreds of VW employees have knowingly been involved in polluting the world and deceiving the public and authorities.

A VW internal investigation should not be acceptable.

Edited by Toany

Emission tests in Thailand ???

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They even don't know how high the CO emission must be, after the installation of LPG- / LPi-system. I searched whole BKK for a CO meter and had one flown in from the Netherlands.

You had to see the faces !!! Before they set the system using the onboard CPU.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I'm quite concerned about my Bugatti's resale now.

Over the years I've heard several rumors of such. Not just for FE/emissions tests either - I've even heard a rumor of a special program to pass noise pollution tests. All just rumors though, so not naming anything wink.png

perfect another old woman spreading rumors. just so you understand why your life goes wrong.

I doubt very much IHMO's 'life has gone wrong'. Open your eyes and ears.

VW has cheated and lied to at least 11 million customers. 11 Million people will loose money because of this. The company does not deserve to survive.

Nearly 600,000 employees might disagree with you.

Sure they've done something very wrong, we all agree with that. Maybe some other Manufacturer's are a little concerned too?

Have you thought about your own position if VW were to fold or fail to survive?

The world wide ramifications of such a thing would hurt us all.

I am sure the CEO will disagree as well, as he walks away from his job with million in pensions. As will the 11 million who bought a VW because of lies told to them. The crime is beyond belief.

The CEO should offer his pension and wages from the last 7 years to go to the cheated VW owners.

Edited by Toany