90 day reporting ends 1 week before visa finishes. Okay to not report?

I have a visa finishing on Oct. 24th. My 90 day reporting date is Oct. 17th. I suppose if I exit Thai on Oct. 23rd without reporting, I will be okay. Is this correct? I know I can report up to 7 days after 90 day reporting date, but not sure how something like this is handled at the border.

Thanks for replies

Edited by happysanook

Not precisely OK.

At the border nobody cares about your 90 day report, just the visa/permission to stay.

So no problem when leaving.

If you return to Thailand and do a 90 day report again, it might surface that you missed one and be fined (2000 to 5000).

I don't know whether it actually happens?

You can report in person up to two weeks before due date (Mo, Oct 5 in your case due to weekend) or try the 90 day report by internet (timeframe from Oct 5 to Oct 9 I would think, again weekend in the way).

The latter one is worth a try and would clear all risks.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

What kind of visa do you have that allows you to stay long enough that you need to do a 90 day report. I think you probably have an extension of stay not a valid visa.

The 7 days after is only for doing the report. If you will be returning and will be doing more reports you should do the report or they may notice you missed a report and fine you 2000 baht.

Immigration on departure do not check for 90 day reports. Many people take the receipts out before leaving the country.

• Like 1

it doesn't matter when your visa expires, its the permission to stay stamp ( given at the border on entry) that supersedes the visa that counts.

A 90 day report is due on the 90th day of continuous stay in the country, if its due than do it, dont abuse the hospitality of Thailand

• Like 2

What kind of visa do you have that allows you to stay long enough that you need to do a 90 day report. I think you probably have an extension of stay not a valid visa.

The 7 days after is only for doing the report. If you will be returning and will be doing more reports you should do the report or they may notice you missed a report and fine you 2000 baht.

Immigration on departure do not check for 90 day reports. Many people take the receipts out before leaving the country.

I was in this situation earlier this year, and I was told directly by immigration at Chaeng Wattana that I wouldn't have to worry about doing a report as my visa expired 7 days after the report due date. So I didn't report and left the country with no hassle. So what they told me was wrong?

In terms of being fined by immigration later, I don't think I'll have another instance to have to do a 90 day report because I've switched from ED visa to 30 day visa exempt. Much cheaper (free).

• Like 1

I was in this situation earlier this year, and I was told directly by immigration at Chaeng Wattana that I wouldn't have to worry about doing a report as my visa expired 7 days after the report due date. So I didn't report and left the country with no hassle. So what they told me was wrong?

In terms of being fined by immigration later, I don't think I'll have another instance to have to do a 90 day report because I've switched from ED visa to 30 day visa exempt. Much cheaper (free).

How long are you planning to stay in Thailand using visa exempt entries ?

This is what they told me at CM immigration when I got my last stamp too (not to worry about reporting). I just don't want to have any issues down the road, so was trying to confirm here. I mean, the exit stamp shows you left before the deadline, so what the guy at immigration told me seems correct... but sounds like people here are saying the opposite. Maybe I'll just report to avoid the possibility of a problem down the road.

Edited by happysanook
  • Like 1

They probably were aware you would not be doing 90 day reports again.

If a person is on an extension of stay leaves and will be using a re-entry permit after a trip they would be the ones that would more than likely caught for not making a report before leaving on the 91st day or later.

• Like 1

DO the report to avoid the possibility of a problem down the road, you can do it up to 7 days early!!!!!

I had to use 4 minutes of my busy ( wait 24 minutes including travel ) life to do my 90 day report 5 days early.

Why do you want to TAKE A CHANCE of problems down the road? Lets say you exit Thailand, come back 2 years later................ {{{{{FLAG ON THE COMPUTER}}}}}.........., hummm, FINE and DENY entry is a possibility!

Just like the men that wear heavy gold chains on the beach --- ASK for trouble, you will probably receive trouble.

• Like 1

This is what they told me at CM immigration when I got my last stamp too (not to worry about reporting). I just don't want to have any issues down the road, so was trying to confirm here. I mean, the exit stamp shows you left before the deadline, so what the guy at immigration told me seems correct... but sounds like people here are saying the opposite. Maybe I'll just report to avoid the possibility of a problem down the road.

If you don't want avoid issues down the road then it's best to do the report. With online and postal options it's easily done.

Although you get an extra 7 days to report late, the deadline is 90 days and not 97. If you don't report you won't have any problems/questions/fines when leaving or re-entering the country. No flag on the computer, fines or denied entry!! The only chance you're taking by not reporting is very small that an IO in the future will make a retrospective fine.

The correct advice being given above is that a 90 day report is only cleared from the system when a report is made. Exiting the country does not clear it from the system. If in the future you apply for another extension or have any other interaction with an immigration office it is possible that the IO will notice an outstanding report.

• If you'd left the country within the 90 days the IO would simply ignore or clear the outstanding report.
  • If you'd left the country after 90 days the IO could still ignore/clear the report or he could fine you for failing to report.

It's my opinion that most IO's do not fine someone that left the country a few days after a report was due. The lack of reports on the TV forum would suggest that too. But the fact remains that it's possible to get the overzealous IO that applies the rules to the letter and fines you.

• Like 1

They just didn't answer your question.One mans mai pen rai is another mans 2000baht.

i completed an online 90 day report 2 weeks ago checked all details were correct then submitted it 2 days later checked site at bottom not approved opened it up on top right in red REJECTED tried it again and same result rejected ,so too late for post went to immigration Promenada arrived there 8 50 am about 30 people waiting outside went to information desk outside (had my photocopies ready to hand) asked girl (student) why my 90 day report was rejected ,she looked at paper and said she would have to check with immigration officer .

So she went inside came back 5 minutes later and said quote!!!!! immigration officer said your online application was rejected because there are too many foreigners living in Chiang Mai (well never heard of that before ) """ so i said to the girl is online no good then she said "" no good better by post "" So i got a number was about 1hour wait got my new 90 day printed out after scanning but still asked for the photocopies

i completed an online 90 day report 2 weeks ago checked all details were correct then submitted it 2 days later checked site at bottom not approved opened it up on top right in red REJECTED tried it again and same result rejected ,so too late for post went to immigration Promenada arrived there 8 50 am about 30 people waiting outside went to information desk outside (had my photocopies ready to hand) asked girl (student) why my 90 day report was rejected ,she looked at paper and said she would have to check with immigration officer .

So she went inside came back 5 minutes later and said quote!!!!! immigration officer said your online application was rejected because there are too many foreigners living in Chiang Mai (well never heard of that before ) """ so i said to the girl is online no good then she said "" no good better by post "" So i got a number was about 1hour wait got my new 90 day printed out after scanning but still asked for the photocopies

You online 90 day report was most likely rejected because it was made outside the 15/7 day before the reporting date allowed.