What do you see in Pattaya?

lewisp91

I recommend you to visit Koh Phangan, lot of young western backpacker girls (free sex), everyday another party and nice beach. I am 29 and living in Thailand for 5 years and if I was here on vacation I would probably spend a 10 days or so in Phangan.

As for Pattaya the guys who posted before me are right. There are many nice places but you have to find them. Social live is good but mostly with thais. The variety of food is the biggest in thailand and in my experience Pattaya is the cheapest tourist town in Thailand. If you are still here tomorrow I recommend you to go to fflic club in the afternoon. Nice poolparty every sunday.

Your young western backpacker girls wouldn't sleep with the majority of TV posters back home, and I can't imagine that they would in Thailand. Mind you, I'm sure that they are PO that most guys are ogling the Thai girls, but if you see the backpacker girls nowadays it's no wonder, LOL. In Thailand they are the underdog, but back home they are the only game in town.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic posts removed attempting to hijack the topic to Phuket, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phang Nga, Krabi and Hua Hin, for goodness sake the topic tile is:

What do you see in Pattaya?

EDIT

and now a profane racist post has been removed,

You mentioned you enjoy wide variety of night life, well, Pattaya is not known to be a place for this. For night life Chiang Mai is really your best option, I'd head back there immediately!

ok well what variety of night life in chiang mai is there ? i live there been about a year so am i missing something

My 2 Cents Are Not Worth 2 Cents!

CM makes me feel "isolated" a bit. Of course, there's CRai and the Hill Tribes and Lampang for the elephants. But it's crowded, noisy, polluted and a very busy city. Temples everywhere and good decent food. But I feel "enclosed".

Pattaya has more dining selections and, of course, the beaches. You can head south and explore. You can head north and explore. And you can do a quick road trip to BKK and go to Tawandang for music and dancing and good food, along with a million other BKK options. Pattaya makes me "feel" like I have choices.

Quit worrying about us old guys with young Thai wives. You'll be there one day.

Trust Me.

"I don't want to offend anyone living here".....for a person who doesn't wish to offend , you are certainly doing a good impression of one...."We like seeing other westerners, but they are mostly old men with young Thai women. (So cringy)."

If you are looking for relaxing bars full of young college Thai girls and Non hookers Pattaya is not for you. Pattaya has many girls but they are mostly on the game selling their affection. Pattaya is fun for guys who like to go with bar girls. The beaches are not very good, many venders bother you if on beach or just walking down the street. Beer prices in tourist areas are very high etc etc .... Not really a place to chill and relax.

I am not really sure where else to go except perhaps Bangkok. There you have everything a big city can offer. Many Thai tourist spots to visit... site seeing. It has hookers in some areas but unlike Pattaya it has tons of office girls who are out for a good time and happy to meet a nice guy, for free ! The street food is cheap, the parks are free, the shopping malls are everywhere, crazy electronic shopping malls, many massage places, many beer gardens, and many good night clubs. Give Bangkok a try for a week and if you don't like head back to Chiang Mai or perhaps Chiang Rai.

Hmm. Expensive food in Pattaya??

I get a wienerschnitzel for 100 bht

Drinks in gogo bar 100 bht. Barfine 300 bht. You guys sure you landed in Pattaya lol. Try Samui. Phuket. Bkk.

Have though to agree about beaches. Its really dirty

I like Pattaya because it's the most international city in Thailand, in my opinion. Great variety of food places. Lots off stuff for foreigners. I love walking along the beach in Jomtien. CM is ok for me for a few days. But wouldn't want to live there.

Edited by pmugghc

I like Pattaya because I like the kinkiness of getting pushed around by middle-aged Chinese women on tour. Not so much of that in CM. Dang!

Just remember these 2 syllables if you want to really upset the Chinese tourists (phonetic spelling, not official Pinyin): Sha-Gwa.

Just be ready for it to come to blows...

If you wanted to buy a new handgun and had a lazy 90000 baht floating around you can get one in Chaing Mai.Also not hard to get in a lot of trouble in those bars up there and get the living suitcases belted out of you.Settle into Pattaya not before long you will know it is a wonderful place

Pattaya Beach. Quite boring, ugly Farangs, but not so many anymore, beautiful Thai women. Pattaya gets cleaned up at least once a day, would be easier if Farangs wouldn't throw away their trash everywhere. Not really cheap, I agree with that, but still cheaper than Pukhet or Koh Samui. And reasonably close to Bangkok.

After years of traveling, I have learned that short visits to places, offer limited experiences and shallow impressions. Asking others about their opinions of those same places, often resulted in biased or confusing replies.

I prefer to visit, explore, revisit and re-explore on my own. Such has been my experience with Pattaya. A lot has changed here since my first visit in 1995. Having lived here full-time for the last two years, it seems each day is an opportunity to look past the end of my nose and see what is in the small neighborhood enclaves , nearby towns and villages.

There is more to this town than Beach Road, Second Road, Walking Street, South, Central and North Roads.

As for "Old men", they too need love and companionship, as do younger persons. I try to pay no notice to what others do or why they are here. It's their business and mine is occupied enjoying my life here.

Live and Let Live.

Pattaya is an acquired taste.

I used to hate it, but now I can see the positives and attempt to avoid the negatives when I go there.

However any more than 4 days is too much for me. I usually stay 3.

It's a nice change of pace from my home in Bangkok for a few days.

That's the way I've always viewed it, a long weekend at most then back to relative civilisation. However, I've had days these past few years when I think I should, as long term Patts residents recommend, spend some weeks getting to know the farther reaches of the city.

Maybe I'll get around to it one day before a red and cream no. 25 finally nails me.

OK well this how we roll in Pattaya.

Step 1. 14:00 Soi 6 Beach Road for loads of beer and "enjoy" the girls company.

Step 2. 19:00 LK Metro for more beer and "enjoy" the girls company. (cheaper than Walking Street)

Step 3. 21:00 Beefeater Steakhouse for an import pepper steak and loads of red wine. (Soi Diana)

Step 4. 22:30 Back to LK Metro for some Bacardi and cokes and "enjoy" the girls company.

Step 5. 02:00 Grab a takeaway (either girl or kebab, or both) and back to hotel for xxx

Step 6. 11:00 Kick girl out of hotel room (don't forget to pay her)

Step 7. 12:00 Breakfast and shower.

Repeat steps 1 to 7 until no money left then go home.

P.S. Don't rent any jet-skis from Pattaya Beach.

Step 2. 19:00 LK Metro for more beer and "enjoy" the girls company. (cheaper than Walking Street)

Step 3. 21:00 Beefeater Steakhouse for an import pepper steak and loads of red wine. (Soi Diana)

Step 4. 22:30 Back to LK Metro for some Bacardi and cokes and "enjoy" the girls company.

Step 5. 02:00 Grab a takeaway (either girl or kebab, or both) and back to hotel for xxx

Too much alcohol makes you short-sighted :D

Too much alcohol makes you short-sighted biggrin.png

Im long sighted so I must of had too much of the other. biggrin.png

We like having the beach nearby, but it's not a very nice beach at all. - Try Wong Amat, also Sai Kaew or Koh Larn isn't so far.

We like having a wide variety of nightlife, but the majority just seem to be overpriced go go bars. - Plenty of non GoGo bars that you will find, but yes most bars do have ladies asking for drinks

We like exploring the streets, but everyone tries to sell you something every few steps. - Not if you explore the streets by motorbike

We like seeing other westerners, but they are mostly old men with young Thai women. (So cringy). - Can't disagree on that.

On top of all that, food is about 50% more expensive than in Chiang Mai for some reason. - 50% more expensive is still very cheap