Place to curl up and sleep at Suvarnabhumi?

konisaan

My friend got me a business class for $1200..

He said United lounge was open..not.

Just missed the last couch..didn't think to ask baggage guy..stayed at capsule hotel for big bucks! For nine hours.

Can stay on transit side..for days if u like.

Alohz

Just missed the last couch..didn't think to ask baggage guy..stayed at capsule hotel for big bucks! For nine hours.

Alohz

No Star Alliance lounge open?

There are some of us who simply don't have a lot of money to toss about, find no reason to be embarrassed about it, and not signed up to today's Association of Obedient Consumers & Sheeple Spenders.

Too true. When I first came out 2-3 times a year to see the wife, somewhere like the Landmark was within budget for a couple of nights as a treat, but she always said toooo expensive. Now retired with a reasonable, but modest pension and three kids, it has to be a suite in a (much) cheaper hotel. Or I could live like Thais, take a suite at the Sheraton Grande, and not worry about the upcoming car insurance and school fees. Don't need to spend a fortune on hotels here. Whatever your budget, you will always do 500% better than an English hotel at the same price.

Me thinks his "bus south " at 8am could just be the bell travel bus to Pattaya..................just a guess mind you.

He just wants to fill in time between the arrival time of his flight from OZ at 1am and the bus departure.

He could get " lucky" and spend an hour or more just to get thru immigration.....then collect his baggage----and then to the basement rail link area as stated is probably his best choice.

Or he could fly from Oz on Thai Airlines that arrive in Swampy at a decent time.

Then why not just get a taxi to mochit bus station where buses run all hours?

or if he really is a skinflint, as other posters seem to believe, he could transfer from the airport link BTS go to BTS Ekkamai, then walk downstairs to the bus terminal. I believe buses to Pattaya run frequently from there.

sheez i am not loaded myself but i am staggered to see the lengths some guys go to save a baht.

Really if things are that bad, why spend the airfares to travel half way accross the world then be a penny pincher?

Kind of reminds me of the twits who go to asian countries and want to barter stallowners down on a 100baht shirt. Then they tell you "asians enjoy bartering" yeah right

@

bamukloy

The op states that his flight arrives at swampy at 1am ......which is standard for qantas/emirates flights.

By the time he clears immigration and collects his bags ------is the train still running ??????

Also if he is asking about sleeping at the airport---do you think he is capable of dealing with swampy's taxi mafia for a "cheap" ride to Ekamai ??

---------------------------------

to the original poster ( OP)........................

welcome to the world of Thai visa Forum------where all us experts will analyse you question, find every possible alternative motive for your question, provide dubious and out of date information, hijack your thread into other areas ( no mention yet of yellow or red shirts or that infamous exiled ex- pm) and just generally be -----well not really very helpful at all.

Why is checking into a hotel pointless? Even if it's just for a few hours, I'd prefer a nice hotel rather then some dirty airport floor... The Novotel just behind the parking garage is wonderful, and they give you 24 hours, no matter what time you check in.

Agreed. If I can I always take a hotel upon arrival after a long flight. For me, it is important to exercise and/or sleep. I also take the hotel for a day to acclimate, have a drink / visit with a local friend perhaps, sleep or not as jet lag sometimes does not hit till later, enjoy some good food, watch movies, have a steam, etc. If it is a bus to catch, I would consider the next time or next day, if my schedule would allow. Why hurry to catch a bus?

Agreed. Someone said Novotel gives you 24 hours regardless of when you check in. So take them up on it; have a nice shower, long sleep, some good meals, maybe a ride into town, another nap, then check out. The hotel will watch your bags even after you check out, and your bus ride will then be stress-free.

Alohz

No Star Alliance lounge open?

Star Alliance lounge (Thai Royal Silk) closes at midnight, opens 0500.

"The op states that his flight arrives at swampy at 1am ......which is standard for qantas/emirates flights.

By the time he clears immigration and collects his bags ------is the train still running ??????"

Rail Link into the city closes at midnight, opens 0600.

Edited by dddave

LOL

It's funny reading all this speculation about what my plans are, motivations etc. I don't normally bite but this time I will.

1. I don't want to check into a hotel because by the time I do all the check in, check out, taxi etc I'll probably end up getting about 4 hours of sleep. I tend to have insomnia (regardless of where I am) so this is even less reason to find a 'proper' place to sleep. I want to be at the bus station before 8am. For 4 hours sleep, or possibly none, I couldn't be bothered.

2. I'm heading down Rayong way to visit a golfing buddy who just bought a condo.

3. Thanks to everyone who provided some useful into.

Any further questions, feel free to PM me!

hotel is not only good for a sleep, you could have a shower too. nicer for your fellow travellers on the bus

LOL

It's funny reading all this speculation about what my plans are, motivations etc. I don't normally bite but this time I will.

1. I don't want to check into a hotel because by the time I do all the check in, check out, taxi etc I'll probably end up getting about 4 hours of sleep. I tend to have insomnia (regardless of where I am) so this is even less reason to find a 'proper' place to sleep. I want to be at the bus station before 8am. For 4 hours sleep, or possibly none, I couldn't be bothered.

2. I'm heading down Rayong way to visit a golfing buddy who just bought a condo.

Seriously....is there a reason that you have to be at the bus station before 8am? You can check in and sleep until lunchtime. Better still, if you are an insomniac, you can go into town(Banglamphu region), take an inexpensive room around the Khaosan road area Something like the New Joe Guest House Claiming rooms from 280 baht

So you can go in to town, have a nice meal and a chat, as there will be people around. Then a good snooze and a shower. Wake up before checking out time and head refreshed to the bus station.

I've seen many couches, maybe twenty?

Two different areas..

My Dr. Friend who I wen visit, suggested I no leave da airport.

Train sounds OK, but I choose to fly out of there, after 'nothing to declare'.

Good to stay out of Bangkok, She told me..

Alohz

There are some of us who simply don't have a lot of money to toss about, find no reason to be embarrassed about it, and not signed up to today's Association of Obedient Consumers & Sheeple Spenders.

"a LOT of money"?? 15$ USD for a hotel room. Go home and get back to work. Come back when you are a grown up. And don't be embarrassed, be ashamed.

Me thinks his "bus south " at 8am could just be the bell travel bus to Pattaya..................just a guess mind you.

He just wants to fill in time between the arrival time of his flight from OZ at 1am and the bus departure.

He could get " lucky" and spend an hour or more just to get thru immigration.....then collect his baggage----and then to the basement rail link area as stated is probably his best choice.

Or he could fly from Oz on Thai Airlines that arrive in Swampy at a decent time.

or if he really is a skinflint, as other posters seem to believe, he could transfer from the airport link BTS go to BTS Ekkamai, then walk downstairs to the bus terminal. I believe buses to Pattaya run frequently from there.

sheez i am not loaded myself but i am staggered to see the lengths some guys go to save a baht.

Really if things are that bad, why spend the airfares to travel half way accross the world then be a penny pincher?

Kind of reminds me of the twits who go to asian countries and want to barter stallowners down on a 100baht shirt. Then they tell you "asians enjoy bartering" yeah right

Because the BTS Airport Link last train is at 00:02. He comes in after that. Not to mention the Airport Link does not even go to Ekkamai. And furthermore the BTS in town stops running at midnight. Have you ever been to Bangkok?

Because the BTS Airport Link last train is at 00:02. He comes in after that. Not to mention the Airport Link does not even go to Ekkamai. And furthermore the BTS in town stops running at midnight. Have you ever been to Bangkok?

Yes many times and I take a cab whether its downtown or pattaya. You're the ones taking up 4-5 seats at the airport. And yes you're cheap dirtbags.

LOL

Jeez, anyone would think you were asking to be hooked up with underage prostitutes or obtain a nuclear suitcase bomb or whatever. Some people really ought to get a grip!

Best of luck to you and I hope the time passes quickly.

"a LOT of money"?? 15$ USD for a hotel room. Go home and get back to work. Come back when you are a grown up. And don't be embarrassed, be ashamed.

Wow you're so helpful! Remind me to come to you next time I need advice.