Wissanu mum on amount to be sought in Yingluck case

Lite Beer

UK Politics

Flagship £1bn youth unemployment scheme branded a failure.

How about this one.

NHS IT system one of 'worst fiascos ever', say MPs.

Taxpayers face a rising, multi-billion pound bill for a failed government IT project, MPs have said.A report by the influential Public Accounts Committee (PAC) concluded an attempt to upgrade NHS computer systems in England ended up becoming one of the "worst and most expensive contracting fiascos" in public sector history.

Ministers initially put the costs of the NHS scheme's failure at £6.4bn.Officials later revised the total to £9.8bn, but the PAC said this latest estimate failed to include a price for terminating a contract with Fujitsu to provide care records systems and other future costs.

I could list dozens of failed schemes by governments of various countries but I think you get the point.

Should the politicians involved in these schemes while trying to help the unemployed or the failed IT project be forced to pay back taxpayer money? How is this any different than trying to help the farmers in this country.

Simply because this had nothing to do with helping 'poor' farmers many of whom lost their livelihoods over this scam. It had more to do with removing rice from the tables of the poor by causing a world inflation to the price of rice. This was Thaksin playing with a staple commodity and looking to profit on the increased price once the Thai rice was released to market. Off course this scam backfired. It was a scam in the manner of all the scams that Thaksin has dreamed up over the years. More than a million farmers were left unpaid for more than six months causing some extreme hardship - the junta paid the farmers from Government funds whilst the rice was either stolen or left rotting in warehouses. Make no mistake, this scam was intended to be a source of profit for the Shins and a way of paying off their key supporters (ie traders in various localities) without putting his hands in his own pocket.

Where does your "information" come from ??

Please enlighten us.

The last elected government could not pay the farmers because commercial banks withdrew support knowing that Suthep and Co ( including strange colour uniforms) were about to bring down a properly and duly elected and accountable government.

To the chagrin of a majority of the electorate.

Please explain how the PM and her extended family personally benefited.

Additionally please comment on how and why many of the pre coup, previously condemned "Shin" policies are now being implemented by the current administration.

Given that you new have 22 posts, I don't think you've been following affairs in Thailand for so long. My information comes from a very close study of Thai politics and history over the past 15 years and communing with farmers in an Eastern Province. It is patently not true that the previous 'elected' government could not pay because of Suthep's actions - this was just one of the face-saving lies that they put out at the time. Indeed, farmers were begging for payment BEFORE Suthep and many other people (including the nursing/medical profession) were calling for Yingluck to resign. The previous Government by any measure was not properly elected as you say. OMG I could educate you so much about the scams, the lies and the duplicity of Thaksin and his proxy Government. I don't have time or the will to do so here. But tell me which pre coup policies are being implemented by this government?

Thanks for your rather demeaning reply.

Length of time in the country ?? I've been here longer than you for sure.

Pray tell, how does one "commune" with farmers in an Eastern province and what exactly is "communing" ?

To answer your question, hi speed trains and the current finance minister.

Thanks for your rather demeaning reply.

Length of time in the country ?? I've been here longer than you for sure.

Pray tell, how does one "commune" with farmers in an Eastern province and what exactly is "communing" ?

To answer your question, hi speed trains and the current finance minister.

Jolly Good. Well done!

Nothing but a blatent attempt to drive another Shin into the ground where eventually she will get so frustrated with the continual action against her that she will end up seeking a better life else where in a country that is just and reasonable.

The she will then be referred to as another fugitive just like her brother and the junta lovers will be all over the same reteric.

The Thai people need to stand up for themselves, remove the military to the position where they belong, as civil servants and stop allowing these ibaciles to control their lives and futures based on what is good for the military and their cronies.

Thailand will never have a stable government while the military believe they have supreme power above elected government. It is in their interests to destabilize any democractic government and to keep both sides of politics at war with each other.

In the current situation with preparation for a new constitution and election, everyone excluding those pro military extremists know the only guaranteed future event will be just another military coup based on some warm and fuzzy reteric that will never occur.

Thailand could have been a major player in Asia but it never ever will. The majority of Thai people could presently be enjoying a much greater quality of life and they can thank the military for this total failure.

"... Thailand could have been a major player in Asia but it never ever will. The majority of Thai people could presently be enjoying a much greater quality of life and they can thank the military for this total failure many previous civilian governments for this failure which reached a point where somebody had to intervene to stop the fast developing disappearance of actual democracy and the fast development of a serious and highly corrupt dictatorship.