Browser back-button hover causes new pop-up advert ==> annoying!

simon43

Yet another new advert being rammed down our throats by ThaiVisa.

When I move my mouse over my browser back-button, it is because I want to go back to the previous page.

It is not because I want to see a pop-up advert 'hassling' me to sign up to a spam newsletter.

If I want to sign up to that newsletter, then I will sign up on my own accord.

Surely the forum software app is clever enough to remember that if I have not yet signed up after popping up 100 adverts to me, I am unlikely to sign up if another 100 adverts pop-up....

I am unable to create the situation you describe (Windows 7, Chrome 45.0.2454.101 m). When I hover the mouse pointer over the browser's back button, I get a pop-up with the text click to go back, hold to see history"

post-21260-0-67430300-1443268885_thumb.g

That's a ThaiVisa full-screen fade-in ad for the newsletter, but I believe it's triggered randomly, via mouse-over monitor, when the mouse pointer leaves the active page (not because you hovered over the back button)

I just 'normalized' my Chrome Browser to default and got it when I hovered the mouse pointer over another browser tab.

Can't seem to replicate it to verify. It must be shy.

but I believe it's triggered randomly, via mouse-over monitor, when the mouse pointer leaves the active page (not because you hovered over the back button)

I just tested it again. It is definitely triggered only when my mouse hovers over the browser back-button, not just when I leave the active page.