Biometric technology to be introduced to fight and stop transnational crimes

Lite Beer

And who would have the know how to install this technology and fund it?

Bet this is being backed up by the USA.

A lot of govt departments already have eye and finger scanners in use for attendance monitoring. this has been in use for a couple of years so the technology is already in use.

Things like retinal scans have been used for quite a few years[/quote

]

Fingerprint scanners for entry into construction sites have been used in the UK for a number of years.

Totally inexpensive.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And who would have the know how to install this technology and fund it?

Bet this is being backed up by the USA.

A lot of govt departments already have eye and finger scanners in use for attendance monitoring. this has been in use for a couple of years so the technology is already in use.

Things like retinal scans have been used for quite a few years[/quote

]

Fingerprint scanners for entry into construction sites have been used in the UK for a number of years.

Totally inexpensive.

Used for access in a lot of Petrochemical plants as well

Your wrong, they do understand that 100% but just think of all the kickbacks that can be made on the initial purchase. The kickbacks on maintenance are a lot less so that is less important.

What is important is not the kick backs but having the maitenance performed well. If the data is not effectively used it will be just another toy

Depends on your point of view.. I am looking from it from the Thai who is pushing this and will get the kickbacks.. he does not care if it will work.. But his kickback is important.

That is totally unimportant. I am surprised you think it is. Remember that when you are waiting an extra hour or more to get through immigration. You wont be thinking that at all. If it is just the money there are easier ways they can get that.

Your missing my point completely, the kickback is important for those who want this system and the current fear climate is helping them push for it. They don't care one bit what will happen and how it will inconvenience us.

Of course maintenance is important (for us and having the system run good) but for the guy buying and selecting it it is now.

Why do you think the roads are so bad here, not because they can't build roads, but because its about kickbacks and quality and if its too good then you can't buy new and get high kickbacks again.

That was my point, I think its stupid to buy such a system before you plug the other holes (corruption in immigration and bad border crossings). This will only inconvenience the people playing by the rules.

good idea , Thailand is not a home country for criminal

NCPO Very good smile.png

Do you really want International standard law enforcement in Thailand? Be careful what you wish for. How about a 10,000 baht fine for being 5 km over the speed limit? Would you like that? Or an 80000 baht fine and loss of licence and banned for driving for being 45km/h over the limit? Starting to hurt now? Or you only dislike foreign criminals, but Thai criminals are just fine? Because the are Thai, afterall...

why not ; the people just understand the big fine , you think you got 500b fine you will thinking ? no

10 000b you will say ; maybe i should not drive so fast next time and save life , who know

Don't worry, your precious government is gonna take good care of you....

good idea , Thailand is not a home country for criminal

NCPO Very good smile.png

I agree with you. Most of us that are foreigners often forget we are your guests. That is impolite. I hope you are happy and healthy and have a good family that loves you.

Don't you have any pride?.... all this nonsense about being "guests" and having to suck it up all the time for fools is demeaning. We are all humans on the planet we were born on. As long as we aren't violating anyone's rights why shouldn't we be allowed to move around this planet without being bothered? Nation states are a fluid and unstable product of human imagination, they are concepts only...and don't forget that most criminals wear uniforms. If we were guests, then we would expect to be looked after as guests, many of us provide a service that the locals can't do themselves. We provide value but we're still treated 2nd Class and made to jump through hoops like dogs. Feel my contempt

I was at the Poipet border crossing yesterday, where I took the attached photo (50m from the crossing, on the Thai side). Biometric technology may have its place, but I think that in Thailand, the money required to buy this technology could be better spent elsewhere.

post-209291-144339341311_thumb.jpg