New Thai Navy chief says submarines still necessary

webfact

The RTN has an aircraft-carrier, which it doesn't really want, as there are no planes capable of using it, but 'wants' Chinese submarines.

China has, or can build, submarines but is currently building carriers.

Is there no deal-maker or intermediary out there, able to see a possible commission-earning connection, in this situation ? whistling.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The RTN has an aircraft-carrier, which it doesn't really want, as there are no planes capable of using it, but 'wants' Chinese submarines.

China has, or can build, submarines but is currently building carriers.

Is there no deal-maker or intermediary out there, able to see a possible commission-earning connection, in this situation ? whistling.gif

RTN wants the aircraft carrier. I know. Trust me. wink.png

Adm. Na, and the new chiefs of the RTP and Army, have been waiting for their chance to get their snouts into the trough, and NOW is the hour.

Citizen Somyot proved that you can do or say almost anything and get away with it (when he was the top rotten tomato). So, Na is effectively saying that it is his turn to do likewise.

Despite what the PM has already said (about the subs purchase), he has clearly demonstrated that he is not willing to tackle corruption at the highest level for fear of putting powerful crooks offside.

So, these guys may as well go for it!

Cheap Chinese subs will be the perfect accompaniment for the Chinese high-speed railway project when it comes to bottom-of-the-harbour dud deals.

On a more serious note .... if I were the big fish in the pond and one of the little fish wanted to buy submarines from me, I would fit certain "enhancements" such as a hidden remote kill switch and/or a locator beacon .... just in case the little fish ever decided to make a wrong decision about who their friends were .....

The new Thai Navy submarine shortly after purchase

The new Thai Navy submarine 2 weeks after purchase

Nope no Thai subs yet. Try google, "

Bang goes the no claims! Royal Navy nuclear submarine suffers £500,000 damage after 'hitting floating ice' while tracking Russian vessels,

• 5,300-ton HMS Talent has a huge dent and will be out of action for weeks
  • Defence officials have refused to disclose exact details of the crash
Edited by lostoday

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz,

My friends all drive Porsches,

I must make amends.

I wait for delivery each day until ten.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedeeeeees Benz.

RIP - Janis Joplin

Good idea, but your quote is a bit out, as you've seem to mix up the 1st & 2nd verse. But so v relevant.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a new Submarine ?

My friends all drive Aklua's, I must make amends,

Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,

So oh Lord, won't you buy me a new submarine ?

Ah yes. How about "a night on the town" ?

Its fairly obvious that the Chinese will be only too happy to supply subs to Thailand so that firstly they can act as a proxy information gathering service without raising issue's of Chinese hegmony as they travel around the region. Secondly Chinese crews will need no extra training or familiarisation when they come to take them over.....one day.

If you were new to Thailand and saw this you would be pleasantly surprised and hopeful for the integrity of the RTN.

Being more cynical you would say they are taking a strategic step back to realign and look for an alternative weakness in the opposition forces (the public). The sad fact is that, in Thailand it would be very difficult to become chief of any of the armed forces without 'working' your way up through the system, its just the way it works.

Better refurbish and equip your already existing aircraft carrier instead of having it delegated to the sad duty of serving as a local tourist attraction.

That will be cheaper than buying a few submarines, which surely would be useless and ultimately become rusting tourists attractions, too, because nobody knows how to operate them.

Once you get your carrier up and running, take it out to sea and - voila! - mission accomplished, as all your neighbors will stand in awe (and probably piss their pants) in the face of the awesomely powerful Thai Navy.

That was the original (and basically only) reason for purchasing submarines anyway, wasn't it? I mean, awing your neighbors...

But then again... somebody is probably already counting on pocketing a handsome kickback when that silly submarine purchase goes ahead. How could I forget.

"That was the original (and basically only) reason for purchasing submarines anyway, wasn't it? I mean, awing your neighbors..."

Naaah. 'Saw one pinhead insisting they were for defending the Gulf of Thailand from an onslaught of U.S. aircraft carriers... cheesy.gif (Or maybe I should say imperialist U.S. Navy aircraft carriers, or expansionist U.S. Navy aircraft carriers, or whatever. One never knows...)

Navy suspends submarine procurement

BANGKOK, 2 October 2015 (NNT) – The Royal Thai Navy has decided to shelve its submarine procurement plan due to the economic slowdown.

Royal Thai Navy Commander-in-Chief Adm. Na Areenich disclosed that the suspension of submarine procurement was to allow the government to prioritize its economic concerns, especially problems faced by low-income earners.

The Navy earlier proposed a plan to import three Chinese submarines worth a combined 36 billion baht, on the grounds that they can enhance Thailand's defense capabilities.

Adm. Na said the Navy would instead concentrate its efforts on improvements of personnel and management of different divisions.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-10-02 footer_n.gif

Just get the dam things ordered, everyone knows they are going to get their new toys to play with, but please stop all the bull sh!iting.

Have the leaders of this country got no shame?

Brains usually baffle bullshit but when dealing with the masses this feature has to be reversed to work. It has to be applied in thick layers to work. You know where the guy swings the watch back and forth. You can see this feature being used by politicians around the world The answer to your last statement is no. They also never learn by past "mistakes" Speaking of layers I am sure there are layers of bahts that will be skimmed off in this project and diverted to pockets of the so called entitled along the way.

Yes for all the PM --military bashers----------please note, It will have to be put off indefinitely -------GET IT----so all of you minority agenda TVF members, read the topic before splurting out all your agenda rubbish.

Yes for all the PM --military bashers----------please note, It will have to be put off indefinitely -------GET IT----so all of you minority agenda TVF members, read the topic before splurting out all your agenda rubbish.

Your genealogy must go back to Moses oh great oracle. We all bow to your wisdom and sharp tongue. Its a good thing your kind is in a minority in this world otherwise it would be an insufferable place to live. Usually words like yours imply that you THINK your IQ is above 200. Time for a reality check and also your phrasing/sentences above could use a little work.

What do they have to protect on Thailand sea shores. The sun bathing tourist or the illegal fishing fleets. Or maybe he was offered a kick back from the China government. What a laugh at the nerve he has and lack of reasoning what the country really needs. The government should investigate him! Khun PM watch his bank account1

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif You must mean General - military bashers ... That doughy guy is certainly no PM ... bah.gif

The greed in this country is truly pathetic.

Infectious and I thought it was shelved a while ago when the water got too low to try and justify submersible expenditures.

Edited by silent