US: Multiple deaths in school shooting in Oregon State

webfact

This is horrible but for some reason this is the first time I don't feel any emotions. CNN is blah blah blah why did he do it and I just think he probably got a B- and wanted a B and went down to the local Walmart and got a gun and killed people. I thought Obamas speech wasn't that bad and he referenced the UK AND Australia changing their gun laws but I agree most likely nothing will be done. If a bunch of first graders in a very wealthy state in a very wealthy town " Newtown" Connecticut got slaughtered and nothing really changed how can the gun laws ever change. On the other hand there are sooo many guns n the USA I don't really know how they can change things like this happening. Does anyone on here have a real suggestion? Perhaps not use this thread to bash the USA and really offer suggestions. Id like to hear (read) them. Thanks

Early reports suggest that he had problems with women. Sexual frustration, constantly rejected. America is filled with these sorts of dudes.

The movement is called "True Forced Loneliness"

The proponents of TFL claim that they are being forced to be lonely because of society's judgmental culture of high expectations in courtship. This, in turn, causes these men to be left without mates. Their answer is to kill those women who reject them, or those males more successful than them.

This kind of behaviour is not logical at all.

Is TFL a mental disease?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think probably just another gun loving nutcase looking for eternal glory. He was probably trying for a kill record but failed. I don't see any hard evidence that it was particularly ideological for anything in particular. He obviously had realized his life wasn't going to amount to anything and this was his play to be somebody. I understand the local people who say don't say his name but that really can't be helped.

Serious question. I'm not trying to be rude. Would you say the same thing if the perp asked if the people were Jewish and killed only the Jews? Would you say the same thing if the perp asked if the people were gay and killed only the gay people? No I don't think so. I'm with you I would not either.

Hate crimes are defined as race religion sexual orientation and so on. I don't think you have the right along with all the other folks in this thread to exclude Christians from Hate Crimes.

Edited by lostoday

Somalia must be a very peaceful place with all those guns.

It s no use having cities banning guns as people can still get them elsewhere and keep them at home.

Guns are dangerous things to have in the home, kids have found ways to get to them with tragic consequences. Also very dangerous in domestics, lose your temper and it can escalate to a shooting if a gun is available. If one isnt available then the instant anger may be a beating instead of a shooting.

I dont hear of many school shootings in australia, glad we never had the gun psych when I went to school.

News is reporting shooting at an Aussie police station right now.

Children were earlier locked inside the centre as police investigated the crime scene.

Father Dennis Entriken told The Daily Telegraphthey all hoped their kids had been spared the sight and sounds of the horror.

Unfortunately the children are still inside - we cant get access to them and they cant come out, he said.

Because one of the bodies is quite literally on the ground at the entrance to the childcare centre.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/two-people-shot-dead-outside-nsw-police-headquarters-in-parramatta/story-fnj3rq0y-1227554475942

Yes police knew something was going to happen as they intercepted some 'chatter' and police at that station were told to carry their firearm at all times. Which disproves the hought that carrying guns for defence works.

2 people killed and it is huge news in oz, thats how rare it is. 2 people shot and killed in the US wouldnt make a local paper.

Edited by Linky

It s no use having cities banning guns as people can still get them elsewhere and keep them at home.

Guns are dangerous things to have in the home, kids have found ways to get to them with tragic consequences. Also very dangerous in domestics, lose your temper and it can escalate to a shooting if a gun is available. If one isnt available then the instant anger may be a beating instead of a shooting.

I dont hear of many school shootings in australia, glad we never had the gun psych when I went to school.

Children were earlier locked inside the centre as police investigated the crime scene.

Father Dennis Entriken told The Daily Telegraphthey all hoped their kids had been spared the sight and sounds of the horror.

Unfortunately the children are still inside - we cant get access to them and they cant come out, he said.

Because one of the bodies is quite literally on the ground at the entrance to the childcare centre.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/two-people-shot-dead-outside-nsw-police-headquarters-in-parramatta/story-fnj3rq0y-1227554475942

Yes police knew something was going to happen as they intercepted some 'chatter' and police at that station were told to carry their firearm at all times. Which disproves the hought that carrying guns for defence works.

2 people killed and it is huge news in oz, thats how rare it is. 2 people shot and killed in the US wouldnt make a local paper.

Imagine what would happen if the killer asked the people if they were Aussie and only killed the Australians. Would you say that crime was due to gun ownership?

Imagine what would happen if the killer asked the people if they were Aussie and only killed the Australians. Would you say that crime was due to gun ownership?

Yes of course. If he didnt have a gun he couldnt shoot them could he. His reasons would not matter to the victims. The intent was to kill them, and it was by shooting.

A black man shoots three white people live on TV and that is all about gun control in America.

A white kid shoots up a church full of black christians and that is all about underlying racism in America.

People now pick and choose reasons for these crimes to suit their political agenda or beliefs

They are all so wrong and yet they have been usurped by various political groups for their own reasons

Everybody though is ignoring the fact that this type of crime happens to often

Yes of course. If he didnt have a gun he couldnt shoot them could he. His reasons would not matter to the victims. The intent was to kill them, and it was by shooting.

It does not make sense to me. Australia has more shooters, and more firearms now than before the ban in 1996 but fewer crimes.

That would not seem to fit your attitude. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-14/australians-own-as-many-guns-as-in-1996/4463150

I think the motive or intent of the crime is of prime importance. The Oregon guy was an anti Christian nut. I don't know why the Aussie guy shot the police worker. But I'm sure the prime reason was not because he had a gun.

People don't shoot people just because they have guns.

It does not make sense to me. Australia has more shooters, and more firearms now than before the ban in 1996 but fewer crimes.

That would not seem to fit your attitude. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-14/australians-own-as-many-guns-as-in-1996/4463150

I think the motive or intent of the crime is of prime importance. The Oregon guy was an anti Christian nut. I don't know why the Aussie guy shot the police worker. But I'm sure the prime reason was not because he had a gun.

People don't shoot people just because they have guns.

Well they cant shoot them if they dont have a gun. Its hard to run from a gun, you dont see too many mass stabbings. Id prefer my chances running from a guy with a knife instead of a gun.

Australia has more people than in 1996. They also have very strict laws on who can have them and, just as important, how they are stored. But the US doesnt seem to want that. They prefer to just accept he constant mass shootings.

Well they cant shoot them if they dont have a gun. Its hard to run from a gun, you dont see too many mass stabbings. Id prefer my chances running from a guy with a knife instead of a gun.

Australia has more people than in 1996. They also have very strict laws on who can have them and, just as important, how they are stored. But the US doesnt seem to want that. They prefer to just accept he constant mass shootings.

Do you know anything about American gun laws? NO. Why talk about something you have no knowledge? I know Aussie and anti American. OK I get that. Why do you care? Are you worried about American lives? What is your motivation posting all the anti gun stuff? Do you think Americans will listen to you? I would but you have no in depth knowledge about the subject.

You don't like Americans and are using this tragedy to spew venom about an area that you have no knowledge. The only reason I write that is so you will know how your views are perceived by an American.

You don't help the issue you only serve to cement the pro gun lobby in America.

A hate crime was committed in Oregon today the perp happened to use a gun. Others have used box cutters or fertilizer with far more tragic results. I am saddened by the crime. Hate crimes are such that if the perp did not have a gun he would have used a bomb or some other tool of destruction that is the nature of those who do such things.

America has a lot of gun laws. The students were killed in a gun free zone as that is one of the laws.

Do you know anything about American gun laws? NO. Why talk about something you have no knowledge? I know Aussie and anti American. OK I get that. Why do you care? Are you worried about American lives? What is your motivation posting all the anti gun stuff? Do you think Americans will listen to you? I would but you have no in depth knowledge about the subject.

You don't like Americans and are using this tragedy to spew venom about an area that you have no knowledge. The only reason I write that is so you will know how your views are perceived by an American.

A hate crime was committed in Oregon today the perp happened to use a gun. Others have used box cutters or fertilizer with far more tragic results. I am saddened by the crime. Hate crimes are such that if the perp did not have a gun he would have used a bomb or some other tool of destruction that is the nature of those who do such things.

America has a lot of gun laws. The students were killed in a gun free zone as that is one of the laws.

Its a forum for people to discuss things. If you dont like people discussing things them perhaps you are better doing other things.

I trust you will not be posting on forums about refugees in europe as that doesnt concern you. No posting about thai politics as you cannot make a difference. Just restrict yourself to US forums, you will feel better.

Anyone that thinks fertilizer and boxcutters are a bigger problem than guns should not be allowed to own guns as their mental faculties are obviously not all there.

Im sure the poor victims would be better off if fertilizer was thrown at them.

And yes, i do worry about American lives. I worry about all lives and its a tragedy the gun lobby dont care.

Yet again...

Mandatory gun ownership (2 of) for every man, woman and child is the quite obvious answer.

and offcourse a few assault rifles an handgrenades

I think you guys are off topic. The thread is about a Muslim guy asking students who is a Christian and then shooting them. It's a common theme in the Middle East and has arrived numerous times on Western shores. Why are you trying to make it about gun control?

I have not read anything that says the guy was Muslim. In his dating profile, the guy says he's a conservative Republican, no religion.

Well i dont think he is a christian, he seems to hate them more, which suggest to me it;s possible

Why are posters referring to a "gun free zone"? The school was NOT a gun free zone and there was a student with a gun on campus at the time. He didn't try to take out the nutter himself as the SWAT might have mistaken him for the shooter and killed him.

The facts are easily verified with a simple google search.

Oregon has a law allowing guns on campus, one of 7 states that do.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Why are people who know nothing about the country & its history, meaning this Thai company chatting criticism about nothing of which it really knows...stick to reality, not the media.

stick to reality, not the media

What is reality?

If not for the "media", how would we know anything that is happening overseas, or even outside our own little area that we live in?

Why are people who know nothing about the country & its history, meaning this Thai company chatting criticism about nothing of which it really knows...stick to reality, not the media.

stick to reality, not the media

What is reality?

If not for the "media", how would we know anything that is happening overseas, or even outside our own little area that we live in?

Exactly, the media exaggerates. Only we who live or travel know.

Seems to me that if mass shootings are a recent phenomenon in the US, it must be due to something making more people want to kill other people.

Discover that and there may be a solution.

Perhaps growing up nowadays seeing thousands of people being killed on tv, and the video game culture involving killing people are breeding people more willing to kill. I don't know, but if it is a factor, would people be willing to give up violent tv and video games? Somehow I don't think so.

Just for those that even think gun control is possible in the US, the slaughter of young black men in Chicago is carried out with illegal weapons. The local government will not enforce even the current laws.

BTW, have you noticed that cities with the worst violent crime rates are all run by Democratic administrations?

Nope. He disliked organized religion and the organized religion pervasive where he was is Christian. Simple as that. There are enough Muslim Jihadists that are real without inventing fake ones.

Nope. It's a hate crime. Who cares if he is a Muslim. Of course he is a Muslim in deed because who else kills Christians in America.

Why are posters referring to a "gun free zone"? The school was NOT a gun free zone and there was a student with a gun on campus at the time. He didn't try to take out the nutter himself as the SWAT might have mistaken him for the shooter and killed him.

During an October 1 appearance on CNN’s Newroom, former US Marshal Art Roderick said the gunman at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College probably chose his target by knowing it was as gun free-zone and therefore “an easy target.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/01/former-us-marshal-oregon-gunman-chose-gun-free-facility-umpqua-community-college/

Its a forum for people to discuss things. If you dont like people discussing things them perhaps you are better doing other things.

I trust you will not be posting on forums about refugees in europe as that doesnt concern you. No posting about thai politics as you cannot make a difference. Just restrict yourself to US forums, you will feel better.

Anyone that thinks fertilizer and boxcutters are a bigger problem than guns should not be allowed to own guns as their mental faculties are obviously not all there.

Im sure the poor victims would be better off if fertilizer was thrown at them.

And yes, i do worry about American lives. I worry about all lives and its a tragedy the gun lobby dont care.

I didn't say not to discuss things that don't concern you. I said not to discuss things you don't know anything about like guns and America. America has a problem with hate crimes. Black people were shot because they were black and students were killed because they were Christians. What killed them is a minor issue. Why they were killed is the major issue.

An American dentist killed a lion in Africa. No one cared about the rifle he used or the fact that he was a dentist. He killed a lion with a collar on is what they cared about as they should.

During an October 1 appearance on CNN’s Newroom, former US Marshal Art Roderick said the gunman at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College probably chose his target by knowing it was as gun free-zone and therefore “an easy target.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/01/former-us-marshal-oregon-gunman-chose-gun-free-facility-umpqua-community-college/

So the college administrators broke Oregon law?

Unless the good marshal is psychic there is no way he knows what the shooter thought, unless they come up with something the shooter wrote that supports that theory.

Nope. He disliked organized religion and the organized religion pervasive where he was is Christian. Simple as that. There are enough Muslim Jihadists that are real without inventing fake ones.

Nope. It's a hate crime. Who cares if he is a Muslim. Of course he is a Muslim in deed because who else kills Christians in America.

Since you have been claiming for quite some time he is a Muslim, even when it had been shown already he most likely was not, you obviously care. And you keep sprouting your bigoted nonsense.