Vestas Denmark secures huge windmill order from Thailand

webfact

Vestas secures huge windmill order from Thailand

Vestas_v90.jpg

BANGKOK: -- In one year windmills from Denmark will rotate in the Southeast Asian wind. Danish wind turbine manufacturer Vestas have received an order of 126 megawatts for a big wind-power project in Thailand.

The order includes 70 V110-1,8 MW windmills which will be delivered, installed and put into service in the Songkla and Nakhon Si Thamarat provinces of Thailand. Placed by Thailand-based Energy Absolute PCL the order also includes a 5 year service-agreement.

The order will be the Vestas’ first large-scale wind park in Thailand and one of Southeast Asia’s largest.

“With our technologically advanced 2 MW variant turbine and our unique tower crane solution, which is well-suited for this project, Vestas can provide Energy Absolute an superior annual energy production and low cost of energy, helping to secure business case certainty for their investment,” said Chris Beaufait, President of Vestas Asia Pacific and China.

The wind turbines are expected to be delivered in 2016 with commissioning in the same year.

Vestas ranks among the world’s leading wind-turbine manufacturers, delivering wind energy in 74 countries worldwide.

Sources: www.borsen.dk www.shanghaidaily.com

Source: http://scandasia.com/vestas-secures-huge-windmill-order-from-thailand/

-- ScandAsia 2015-10-02

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Notice how no info about costs or when this project was approved. It makes me wonder if when this info finally does come to light just how much corruption is involved. I hope their was none and costs are not overly exaggerated. But I have yet to see this not happen in thailand

Edited by thesetat2013

Notice how no info about costs or when this project was approved. It makes me wonder if when this info finally does come to light just how much corruption is involved. I hope their was none and costs are not overly exaggerated. But I have yet to see this not happen in thailand

You should ask the OP to look up and post the prospectus regarding this project,

I'm surprised it hasn't been posted as that is the usual practice with news postings.coffee1.gif

Great news!

There's unlimited energy in wind and it's without any kind of risk at all,so it's studid not to use it.

Wind-,solar- and wave-energy,is the future.

No risks at all,is a good reason to use that kind of energy..

Instead of paying oil-countries your money,you'll keep them in your own country,that's another good reason.

Oil is a old and outdated energysource.

But that's just my opinion :-)

"You can't create energy,but you can convert it"

Seems like it's a private energy generation company? http://www.energyabsolute.co.th/index.php

Assume they'll wholesale to PEA? But it would be interesting to understand the legal ramifications of that arrangement, or maybe not?

You should ask the OP to look up and post the prospectus regarding this project,

I'm surprised it hasn't been posted as that is the usual practice with news postings.coffee1.gif

Tongue in cheek here @ TheCruncher, but.......

Where's your PROOF that this is "usual practice" on this???

I won't believe a word you say unless you can provide PROOF!!!!

Otherwise it's just rubbish. wink.pngbiggrin.pngtongue.pngsmile.png

--------------

And for those of you who do not get my sarcasm, I detest people asking for PROOF all the time on this forum, which is a forum of opinions, satire, sarcasm & hopefully fun sometimes.

You could also look it up here.

https://www.vestas.com/en/media/news#!150914_nr_uk_vws

Denmark has the least corruption in the world. Source http://www.transparency.org/cpi2014/results

Im from Denmark and i can say if vestas is found doing corruption they will die as a company.

"The order includes 70 V110-1,8 MW windmills"

Pretty sure Thailand runs on 220 Volts AC.

Probably something lost in translation. They'll just get here & not work most likely.

DOH! Homer-Simpson-Doh.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestas

https://www.vestas.com/en/products_and_services/turbines/v110-2_0_mw#!

Just a model number mate.;

Denmark has the least corruption in the world. Source http://www.transparency.org/cpi2014/results

Im from Denmark and i can say if vestas is found doing corruption they will die as a company.

I am Denise to and have stock in vestas. I don't think you are right in that statement. How can Mærsk and otter Big denish Company svimming so god the most corrupt places in the world without paying corruption tax?

Like Bjarne Ris was winning tour the France without doping?

Remember it is not long time ago Denish company got tax deduct from corruption payd on the Danish tax bills...

Remember, when you are in Rome, do like the Romans.

Edited by blackadder

I am Denise to and have stock in vestas. I don't think you are right in that statement. How can Mærsk and otter Big denish Company svimming so god the most corrupt places in the world without paying corruption tax?

Remember it is not long time ago Denish company got tax deduct from corruption payd on the Danish tax bills...

Bjarne Riis Is no longer allowed to work with any form cycling in Denmark

When carlsberg was in Thailand the last time the owner of chang was apart of the board. When the board found out he was doong corruption he was kicked out of the board. He got so angry that HE used all of hes influence to get carlsberg out of the country an they have just returned what 3 years ago?

Im not a part of mærsk and dont know how they do it i just know that if they are found doing any kind of corruption it WILL be huge scandal the danish media will slaughter em

That is the difference in our culture compare to Asian culture.

We are not suppose to lie and it will be a huge scandal if it come out in the media. (The free media)

Ok, we are the best when it come to corruption, I mean, we are not good to do it. Just not show the Tibetan flag when khon China visit Denmark to sign business contract to 3 billion US$.

How many meter elastic you want sir.

Ok, just making fun with the best country in the world. Denmark is a great country, no doubt about that. But...

Edited by blackadder

Ok, we are the best when it come to corruption, I mean, we are not good to do it. Just not show the Tibetan flag when khon China visit Denmark to sign business contract to 3 billion US$.

And that is becoming a big scandal just now as we speak no? :)

Energy absolute PLC is a developer of solar farms (they've already built some up north) and wind farms (these will be their first windfarms; 2 in Nakorn si Thammarat and 1 in Songkhla provinces).

The wind farms are close to the coast. A wind model is developed for any wind farm to ensure it will have sufficient wind to be profitable.

The windfarms in Thailand sell the elecricity generated at a fixed baht on to EGAT. Electricity generated by EGAT is sold on to PEA to the national grid.

The south has a power shortage; some of you might remember a massive outage in the whole of the south about 2 years ago, it lasted about 2 hours I think; I endured it in the irish bar in songkhla ;-)

It is not unusual not to get in to costs in general construction media pieces.

Not sure why anybody would think there's anything dodgy involved.

Bjarne Riis Is no longer allowed to work with any form cycling in Denmark

When carlsberg was in Thailand the last time the owner of chang was apart of the board. When the board found out he was doong corruption he was kicked out of the board. He got so angry that HE used all of hes influence to get carlsberg out of the country an they have just returned what 3 years ago?

Im not a part of mærsk and dont know how they do it i just know that if they are found doing any kind of corruption it WILL be huge scandal the danish media will slaughter em

He wasn't moved out for corruption, carlsberg found out he wasn't actively pushing carlsberg, but that he was pushing Chang more heavily.

Ironically, Chang was a recipe taken from carlsberg itself, but today we have Beer Chang, Beer Thaaaaaiiiiiiii!!!!!!!

They got well and truly screwed over.

"Danish wind turbine manufacturer Vestas have received an order of 126 megawatts for a big wind-power project in Thailand."

That's a lot of blow and jobs for Thais.

I doubt if Vestas are gonna hire thais - for obvious reasons ... gigglem.gif

Which are ?....give us the benefit of your many years experience working in Thai industry ?

Hi,

1.Vestas did come with a cheap offer due to Asia is going to a bigger marked the next few year. That is why not the Chineese.

2. Nothing to with coruption. The The customer company has good tax advantage due to green energy. And no import tax.

3. The customer will install the turbines them self under supervision. Like done in China.Vestas provide supervision.

4. There is enough wind , as messurement has been ongoing for 2 years. Do only require 5 m/s to produce power.

5. It is a 1.8 MW turbine and it electricity will be transferred into a substation.

And i know what i am talking about. Been working in the industri for 14 years and inside Vestas.

As far as I know, these turbines are part of a scam in many parts of Europe. They forget to tell you that you need 4000 hours of adequate wind yearly to make these things worthwhile.

So where's the windy city in Thailand where you have that kind of potential?

"Wind turbines generate electrical energy when they are not shut down for maintenance, repair, or tours and the wind is between about 8 and 55 mph. Below a wind speed of around 30 mph, however, the amount of energy generated is very small." from https://www.wind-watch.org/faq-output.php

Wind turbines are also UGLY. They will doubtless be implanted in the middle of Nature reserves, together with the accompanying access roads. Convincing people to insulate their homes and factories might be a start, I shudder to think what the air conditioning bills for the malls all over Thailand cost.

I'm calling potential for scam on this one.

Great news!

There's unlimited energy in wind and it's without any kind of risk at all,so it's studid not to use it.

Wind-,solar- and wave-energy,is the future.

No risks at all,is a good reason to use that kind of energy..

Instead of paying oil-countries your money,you'll keep them in your own country,that's another good reason.

Oil is a old and outdated energysource.

But that's just my opinion :-)

"You can't create energy,but you can convert it"

From the amount of energy needed to make the concrete for the windmill base to the numbers

of birds and bats killed by windmills I think on closer inspection windmills are not nearly as

environmentally friendly as promoters would have you believe. They do have a limited useful

life span and like ethanol production for gasoline many studies conclude when taking all aspects

of windmill production and installation vs electricity generation in there life time the amount of

energy used makes most windmills, net energy negative. They are only viable because the rate

paid per KWH is such a premium and there manufacture is heavily subsidized. So windmills

except for in the windiest places are more green wash than truly green energy. At least that is

what I have read. (And that is from GREEN advocates not the coal industry.) sad.png