Visa run to Burma from Cm /30 stamp instead of 60 on tourist Double

I did the regular visa run to activate mt second stamp on my double entry tourist visa. I made the trip yesterday to the Burma border. Instead of getting the normal 60 day stamp , they gave me a 30 day stamp, when I pointed this out and showed them that the one before was for 60 days they said and I state word for word from the woman, " that is a 60 day stamp if you go to immigration ." They just don't give a shit anymore for us that are following their rules.Basically seems after that bombing we are getting fudged , even when we do what they ask , no wonder people are starting to hate this country .

Did they stamp used on the visa then ?

If not you should in essence still have another entry as long as the visa remains valid.

Failing that go to immigration and point out the error,maybe they will rectify it.

Edited by stoneyboy
  • Like 1

I assume you were doing the entry on or before the enter before date on your visa. That could be why you only got 30 days if you were entering after that date.

If your was still valid you can go to an immigration office to have the error corrected.

" that is a 60 day stamp if you go to immigration ."

how can you go to immigration if your only re-entering the country?blink.png

it would be interesting to hear how you get on on Monday

The OP will be granted 60 days from the date he entered,no extra days will be lost or gained only what should have been granted in the first instance.

There will be nothing of interest from a routine issue such as this,it won't be the first or last time someone is given the wrong permission to stay stamp and have immigration rectify the matter.

Edited by stoneyboy
  • Like 2

I did the run on the 2nd , I had until the 4th. The Visa is stamped now as Used.

I'm not saying you're wrong but before heading to immigration double check the 'enter before' date that is printed on the Tourist Visa. That is the important date and not the dates stamped in your passport. It's a common mistake that people assume they can enter before the last 'admitted until' date stamped in the passport when it's the date stamped on the visa that counts.

As in below.

post-118612-14438959194337_thumb.jpg

NOT this.

post-118612-14438959463658_thumb.jpg

Just to clarify.

• Like 1

As others have said, the permission to stay date you receive from immigrations when last entering the country and the use-by date on the visa you received from an embassy/consulate are two different things.

Most two-entry visas are only valid for 3 months from the date of issue, If you get a 60 day entry and extend for 30 days on the first entry, the permission to remain in the country could easily extend past the use-by date on the visa depending on when you first entered the country.

Immigraions do make mistakes which can be corrected at an immigrations office, but in the majority of cases the problem isn't their's but a misunderstanding on the part of the visa holder. The 30 day stamp makes it seem like you were given a visa exempt entry because your visa had expired.

• Like 2

I did the run on the 2nd , I had until the 4th. The Visa is stamped now as Used.

I'm not saying you're wrong but before heading to immigration double check the 'enter before' date that is printed on the Tourist Visa. That is the important date and not the dates stamped in your passport. It's a common mistake that people assume they can enter before the last 'admitted until' date stamped in the passport when it's the date stamped on the visa that counts.

As in below.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1443895908.995578.jpg

NOT this.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1443895940.211357.jpg

Just to clarify.

dont put your passport number guys :)

I will try the immigrattion office Monday morning.

Make a formal com[laint and demand what you paid for 30 more days

Also report the worker on border a disgrace and bad for Thailands reputation

The OP doesn't have to demand anything. If they are entitled to 60 days the immigration office will correct the mistake.

And until you see a copy of the OP's visa ('enter before') date you shouldn't assume the IO is wrong.

• Like 1

As in below.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1443895908.995578.jpg

NOT this.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1443895940.211357.jpg

Just to clarify.

dont put your passport number guys :)

The passport has expired in this instance,so I have no concern.