Survey shows most primary and secondary students want less homeworks and reports

Lite Beer

Survey shows most primary and secondary students want less homeworks and reports

19-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Most primary and secondary students say they are happier now that they spend less time in classrooms under the Education Ministry’s policy to cut the classroom hours to 2 pm.

A survey conducted by the faculty of education of Chulalongkorn University during September 17-29 which based on interviews with 2,000 primary and secondary students from across the country shows that 70 percent of them agreed with the policy because it made them feel happy to learn.

65.53 percent of the respondents said they prefer to engage in activities of their choices after classes at 2 pm; 61.30 percent said they do their homework and 60.23 percent said they prefer to learn about skill development.

Both the primary and secondary students said they want less homeworks and reports whereas secondary students also want unnecessary content to be removed.

Professor Sompong Chitradab, director of research and child development centre, said that the Education Ministry should do away with the central course for 2008 and introduce a new course which should not exceed five clusters and the learning timeframe should be between 600-800 hours.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/survey-shows-most-primary-and-secondary-students-want-less-homeworks-and-reports

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-10-04

Gee, what an incredible insight! They also don't want to have to go to school, study, or be responsible. That's why their kids! What kind of imbecilic reporting is this?

Unfortunately, this predilection for irresponsible, lazy behaviour also manifests itself in the work ethic of this countries adults.

So only 60% of the kids are doing homework even with less class hours now. They actually believe this new change is a success. I wonder if they will make their next mandate that teachers can only give homework once a week. After all, we want our students happy. Forget actually learning anything.

And than, everybody is wondering why Thailand is legging behind the world and SEAsia,

And than the government throw more money at those kids and learning institutions

where the truth is, they really not interested in learning, after all, the have Facebook

and tweeter and instegarm, how need needs education, if it hasn't got an app for it,

they're not interested.. too hard....

If some schools are closing at 2pm, they should do 1 hour sports before they get to go home to play on their computers. coffee1.gif

Thai kids getting seriously overweight now compared to twenty years ago. In my sons class there is a 12 year old girl that weighs 65KG,sad.png

If some schools are closing at 2pm, they should do 1 hour sports before they get to go home to play on their computers. coffee1.gif

Thai kids getting seriously overweight now compared to twenty years ago. In my sons class there is a 12 year old girl that weighs 65KG,sad.png

Not due to a lack of exercise, but to non-stop chomping on carbohydrates and sugar.

At the school my 10 y/o daughter attends they start at 8:30 and ends 15:30 . When she gets home she often has 2 hours of homework .

I think the kids are right .

Start school hours earlier. In my days, it's was from 6.45am to 1pm and then ample time for sports, time with friends and homework.

Of course the Kids/so called students want Less homework/Less time in the classroom.That gives the lazy shits more time to play with their stupid phones and computer games so they can progress into good for nothing lazy adults and bludge of whom ever is available and stupid enough to fall for this.

At the school my 10 y/o daughter attends they start at 8:30 and ends 15:30 . When she gets home she often has 2 hours of homework .

I think the kids are right .

Depends if they want to be as well educated as other countries. Want to be a dummy, fine dont bother studying.

Is there any surprise that kids don't want to get brainwashed ?

Seems they are much smarter than the posters in this forum who love them

to be brainwashed and educated to be perfect slaves of the economy.

Kids should play and be happy !

Most of what they are taught in school is big BS !!! [no difference if in the West or in Thailand]

Thailand students are already at the bottom of learning education in Asia. To many phones and games to play. Not many good teachers who can keep there interest. I meet a Thai English teacher who could not speak English. I volunteer to teach and the children do not want me to leave. I have a house and Thai wife in Thailand but there educational system is a total wreck. Thailand,s hope is in there children but with mother leaving there children with grand parents who have no schooling and do not care what they do. If no change Thailand is doomed!

Do any of the posters on here know how much homework a Thai student gets every day? Or is it just another excuse to bash Thailand?

Yes i know how much home work they get but you must be one of the bad teachers who wants to give homework instead of teaching. When i volunteer to teach they run to me with there home work and just wait to see if i smile. If a child only cared about how much home work they had instead of how much they learned Thailand would some day have a chance to succeed! No Thai bashers just Thai teacher basher!

Is there any surprise that kids don't want to get brainwashed ?

Seems they are much smarter than the posters in this forum who love them

to be brainwashed and educated to be perfect slaves of the economy.

Kids should play and be happy !

Most of what they are taught in school is big BS !!! [no difference if in the West or in Thailand]

Then there are the uneducated who always want everybody else to join their club.

Edited by SheungWan

Thailand students are already at the bottom of learning education in Asia. To many phones and games to play. Not many good teachers who can keep there interest. I meet a Thai English teacher who could not speak English. I volunteer to teach and the children do not want me to leave. I have a house and Thai wife in Thailand but there educational system is a total wreck. Thailand,s hope is in there children but with mother leaving there children with grand parents who have no schooling and do not care what they do. If no change Thailand is doomed!

You are teaching English? Grammar obviously isn't your strong point.coffee1.gif