Online 90-Day Report Site Hosed?

I've used it a couple times this year (though it's about as user friendly as a World War I tank). Today, entering characters takes forever. Finally got through first page (switched to Safari), but clicking Submit does nothing. Anyone else experiencing this? Is this part of the DOS attacks on gov't websites??

If you have that slow internet, so the tips of the day must be, to get up in the morning, use the much faster morning-internet-speed and do it.... Should do the trick I believe!

Good luck..

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

I have done two successful reports using IE (I take it out of the closet just for that).

Just tried status check with Firefox and can confirm this odd behavior. Almost impossible to enter passport nr.

Unusable with FF (without additional tools etc.).

Rechecked with IE: data can be entered.

But when trying to open the approved page (magnifying glass) I get the security warning again.

Confusing

Then when I click the "Next Appointment Print" I get a message box about the website trying to close a tab.

Confusing again.

Select "No".

And then finally I can open the appointment pdf (PDF, "receipt of notification").

Nothing about denial of service or slow internet.

Slow internet: while you fill such a form the data is not sent over the internet before you "OK"/complete it.

Thats a purely local behavior on your computer.

Chrome (pure): also basically unusable.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

There have been reports that IE tab works good on Firefox. I have used it on Chrome and was able to fill out the first page.without a problem but I cannot go any further because of my old entry date. I have also checked it out on Windows 10 using the Edge browser with IE selected and filled in the page.

If using an Apple product the only thing you can use is Safari with IE selected by using its built in agent switcher.

• Like 1

There have been reports that IE tab works good on Firefox

OK, convinced.

Just installed "IE Tab V2 (Enhanced IE Tab)" on FF 41.0.1.

Works flawless. Even better than with my IE 11 tongue.png

No strange "close tab" or repeated security warning.

This IE tab emulates some older IE version.

Have not seen this kind of IE security dialog for years tongue.png

BTW: this immigration website contains some parameter "X-UA-Compatible IE=8".

Seriously: the site is better used with the IE Tab addon instead of the latest IE version blink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

I have been trying this morning to report 90 day but cannot get beyond the first page. Click submit page goes blank nothing happens. This is the first time I have tried so I reckon I will go back to a morning visit to immigration at least it works.

After doing 2 earlier 90 day reports without a problem the last one was a nightmare with very laggy text and errors making it impossible to progress. I loaded the OE Tab emulator for chrome and still had issues.

Tried the same a few days later and still slow but not nearly as bad and managed to get through ok. Approved now but no approval email

ok as a resume. Reading many posts on this subject it would seem that the system has been given a fair time to stabilize,

it clearly has not, even taking note of success stories (well a few ) it has developed into what i see as an IT

disaster i hate to say it but to launch a system so fragile and sensitive to operate was a very big mistake, one wonders what was the motivation behind introducing it in the first place ? surely was not pressure from expats to enhance the experience and sometimes tedious system of the 90 day report

• Like 1

ok as a resume. Reading many posts on this subject it would seem that the system has been given a fair time to stabilize,

it clearly has not, even taking note of success stories (well a few ) it has developed into what i see as an IT

disaster i hate to say it but to launch a system so fragile and sensitive to operate was a very big mistake, one wonders what was the motivation behind introducing it in the first place ? surely was not pressure from expats to enhance the experience and sometimes tedious system of the 90 day report

I have , this morning, used the system to make a third 90 day on line report.

Chrome +IE Tab.

Stable and quick.

Absolutely no problem encountered.

Report now pending approval.

No sweat...used it twice with opera.

It would take me less than 10 minutes to do a 90 day report from my armchair.

Only three small problems....

1. On the opening screen, you have to scroll down in the window (within the page) and click on the understanding requirement.

2. If you are American...click on American (duh) don't look for USA as it only refers to territories.

3. After entering the coded letters/numbers....wait for it to register..takes more than a few seconds...do not keep clicking it.

I know there are issues of people that have to leave thailand and reenter, because they been here quite a while.

I think some people are trying to jinx this great, easy to do reporting method by saying they are not capable of figuring it out.

Other than that....any reasonably intelligent guy should be able to wade through the 10 or so questions.

Edited by slipperylobster

ok point taken but this one success against 8 unsuccessful attempts that i read about over the last 2 days

i have not or capable of doing the math as a percentage but i think pretty dismal i myself have made two online reports

thinking wow pretty good eh but both those were very hit or miss yes successful but really up to four tries each application

Edited by gerry123

Don't you guys get this warning? Safety certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certification authority . Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept data you send to the server. You should close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

If you ignore it can you the proceed or...? Btw, I use IE.

Thanks

Felt

Everybody gets that warning. Most people including myself just ignore it.

Surprize......I think actually I got my reporting through just a few minutes ago..if its correct that the last page coming up is with details filled in, a bar code and a reference number?

What do I need to do now, wait for a e-mail or check on their webpage?

Thanks

Felt.

On my past two successful reports, I used FF on my Mac. (The only parts that were actually holding me up were 1) scrolling down and click the check box on the "agreement", 2) choosing "American" instead of "USA"--when all other options were country names, not adjectives; and 3) navigating the correct choices for my address.)
This time, since I took copious notes from the previous two times, I figured it should be a piece of cake...but nope.

Tonight, again, I try FF: nope. Safari (with Developer menu enabled, then choose IE 8 emulation): nope. Chrome: Nope. Get first page filled in on all of them no problem. But then click Submit...it appears to be going to next page, but just white screen of death forever.

Looks like I'm going to have to go back to the mail-in method. Or wait, maybe there's no longer time for that route and I'll have to take a freaking taxi out to CW and back. I like living here, but I liked it when online report worked better.

Surprize......I think actually I got my reporting through just a few minutes ago..if its correct that the last page coming up is with details filled in, a bar code and a reference number?

What do I need to do now, wait for a e-mail or check on their webpage?

Do both.

I only got an email on my first report.

The second report was approved without email notification.

So do a daily check.

BTW: for checking the status you can also use passport nr and birthday (second tab) instead of this reference number.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I just checked on my Chrome on Linux OS. The IE Tab extension did not install (with profuse apologies from Google re no doing Linux ... yet) But got directed to IE cloud version which clicked and installed, then worked very fine on the Immi page. Looking good for when I do my next one.

On my past two successful reports, I used FF on my Mac. (The only parts that were actually holding me up were 1) scrolling down and click the check box on the "agreement", 2) choosing "American" instead of "USA"--when all other options were country names, not adjectives; and 3) navigating the correct choices for my address.)

This time, since I took copious notes from the previous two times, I figured it should be a piece of cake...but nope.

Tonight, again, I try FF: nope. Safari (with Developer menu enabled, then choose IE 8 emulation): nope. Chrome: Nope. Get first page filled in on all of them no problem. But then click Submit...it appears to be going to next page, but just white screen of death forever.

Looks like I'm going to have to go back to the mail-in method. Or wait, maybe there's no longer time for that route and I'll have to take a freaking taxi out to CW and back. I like living here, but I liked it when online report worked better.

The blank page often means you are getting a pop up message that is being blocked by a pop up blocker. It is probably the message to contact you local immigration office. Go back and check that you entered every thing correctly.

CW is not your only choice to do your 90 day reports. You can do them at the Imperial Word Lad Phrao or Major Hollywood Suksawat offices..

From reading here, it appears that since they decided to make the site secure (https...), no amount of custom settings on a Mac browser will work. I haven't run Windoze via Parallels (virtualization software), for a while, but went ahead and installed it again on my Mac. I had a Windoze 7 virtual machine image on another disk, so copied that back in. It includes IE 8, which appears to be the browser the 90-day site was built for. After I got that all working, the site worked exactly how it used to. I.e., the auto-suggest features of some of the fields worked again, whereas from any of the Mac-side browsers, they didn't. Got through all the pages easily, then submitted the whole thing. Got the bar code confirmation. Quite sure it will work this time. Moral seems to be that since they went to https, you *must* use an actual copy of Windoze IE (with version 8 being preferred).
Punishing experience, overall. Now it's time to go tighten my cilice.

I tried it for the first time, I filled in all the information on first page, but when I want to continue it says I have to contact my local immigration office. Anyone have this problem before?

I get it every time because my last entry into the country is to old. An entry prior to 2013 will cause that message.

The message basically means your record could not be found.

Also getting a new passport since your last entry can cause it.

Double check that info you entered is correct. Be sure you use the pull down menus for nationality and etc.

It worked for one page and then told me to go to hell farang contact my immigration office.

Checked my EMS mail-in and they have it. Waiting for the return EMS notice. So much for online.

I tried it for the first time, I filled in all the information on first page, but when I want to continue it says I have to contact my local immigration office. Anyone have this problem before?

I get it every time because my last entry into the country is to old. An entry prior to 2013 will cause that message.

The message basically means your record could not be found.

Also getting a new passport since your last entry can cause it.

Double check that info you entered is correct. Be sure you use the pull down menus for nationality and etc.

I just love the pull down Nationality menu. It's not even consistently in alphabetical order

hi can anyone tell me. I did my 90day on line last month the due date was the 22nd sept is my next report date the 21st of dec or is t 90days after conformation date which was the 14th. the reason why I ask is I cannot print it out for some reason thanks