Leaking walls in concrete

AmericanSafety

Hey Gents-

Thanks for your help again with my previous water filtration questions.

Well, it appears that one of my concrete walls is leaking (cinderblock wall with stucco).

I am currently out of the country, but I hope it isn't coming from the attic/roof (although it probably is).

There is some cracking to the bottom of the exterior paint which is exactly opposite of the bubbling and blistering to the paint on the interior.

Well, assuming there roof isn't leaking or I fix it, I will still have to make repairs. I am planning on rough sanding the base exterior of the house to the cinder block, spraying 10%Bleach solution to kill fungal growth, drying and applying a basal elastomeric waterproofing (Shell Flintkote), primer coat and then exterior paint.

Does this sound right?

Has anyone used the Shell Flintkote before?

http://www.shell.co.th/en/products-services/solutions-for-businesses/mr-flintkote.html

Can not directly answer but expect it should work fine. I had a wall leaking due to cracks in the emulsion paint and more because they had used mostly sand rather than cement in the finish. Watered down latex paint was absorbed like a sponge but after several coats had a very waterproof wall and no more leakage.

After the 2011 flood we used toilet bowl cleaner - everyone did - to clean the walls. It removed the mold and never grew back even on the fibreboard walls that were growing.

• 3 weeks later...

During the flood in 2011, I had 1.3 meters of water in my Bangkok town house. After the water subsided everybody cleaned the stain and resultant mold growth with the bathroom cleaner in purple bottles, Vixol. It removed the stain and mold and stopped the mold growth. After the walls dried out I painted directly over it and it's still in good shape today.

I sprayed the walls directly from the bottle and then scrubbed with a brush. Then they were washed down with clean water. If you use it be very careful. Wear rubber gloves, eye protection, shoes, long parts and long sleeve shirts. It contains 10.5% hydrochloric acid along with other caustic substances and when you use a brush to clean the walls it will spatter everywhere.