Jomtien Immigration Does It Again! :-)

quandow

Kudos again to Jomtien Immigration!!!

I went in today (Monday, historically a very bad day) around 11:00 (even MORE so a bad time!), hoping to get EITHER a letter or residency or re-entry permit. No WAY I could possibly get them both done in a day.

11:00 at the new side room with VERY clear instructions how to fill out the forms, so I went for the re-entry. Filled out the forms, got my queue number, 15 MINUTES LATER I have passport in hand with re-entry stamped correctly.

Go back to the little room, fill out the paperwork for the letter of residency, get my queue number, 300 baht and about 20 minutes later I have the letter in hand.

11:54 on my motorbike headed for home.

Granted, I was prepared and had multiple copies of every page of my passport and a packet of pictures, but this whole process has been streamlined to a modern day/customer service oriented office. WELL DONE JOMTIEN IMMIGRATION!!!

Just shows the current governments plan of restricting falangs spending money in Thailand is working.

It's going to be a mess come high season.

Amazing the childish interpretation some people feel compelled to make regarding everything and anything.

Whether someone has a problem or has had a good experience, the whiners and moaners are ready to jump in with some illogical or unfathomable comment.

Edited by Suradit69

Very true! I don't know one person that actually enjoys the "amazing" experience of CM Immi - most seem to have nightmares about going.there. After all, CM is only the 2nd biggest town in Thailand .........whistling.gif

Always had good experiences at Jomtien - they seem to know how to do things properly, quickly and efficiently.

Good that the OP had a positive day!

300 Baht for a residency letter on the spot, is cheaper than here, too......sad.png

Just shows the current governments plan of restricting falangs spending money in Thailand is working.

Amazing the childish interpretation some people feel compelled to make regarding everything and anything.

Whether someone has a problem or has had a good experience, the whiners and moaners are ready to jump in with some illogical or unfathomable comment.

agree - read that post three times and I still don't get it, the point he's trying to make, or the relevance

yawn, why?

btw what is a falang? and how exactly is an improvement in a government dept an example of restricting a "falang" from spending money?

agree - read that post three times and I still don't get it, the point he's trying to make, or the relevance

yawn, why?

btw what is a falang? and how exactly is an improvement in a government dept an example of restricting a "falang" from spending money?

Because his glass always half empty, no matter what happens

Kudos again to Jomtien Immigration!!!

I went in today (Monday, historically a very bad day) around 11:00 (even MORE so a bad time!), hoping to get EITHER a letter or residency or re-entry permit. No WAY I could possibly get them both done in a day.

11:00 at the new side room with VERY clear instructions how to fill out the forms, so I went for the re-entry. Filled out the forms, got my queue number, 15 MINUTES LATER I have passport in hand with re-entry stamped correctly.

Go back to the little room, fill out the paperwork for the letter of residency, get my queue number, 300 baht and about 20 minutes later I have the letter in hand.

11:54 on my motorbike headed for home.

Granted, I was prepared and had multiple copies of every page of my passport and a packet of pictures, but this whole process has been streamlined to a modern day/customer service oriented office. WELL DONE JOMTIEN IMMIGRATION!!!

It's been this way for years now. We're lucky in this area as reports are that other offices can be a PITA. I hear people in CM have an outside waiting area adjacent to a goat farm. ?

Very true! I don't know one person that actually enjoys the "amazing" experience of CM Immi - most seem to have nightmares about going.there. After all, CM is only the 2nd biggest town in Thailand .........whistling.gif

Always had good experiences at Jomtien - they seem to know how to do things properly, quickly and efficiently.

Good that the OP had a positive day!

300 Baht for a residency letter on the spot, is cheaper than here, too......sad.png

Chang Mai is between 4 and 7 in population on Internet wiki as of 1/15

BKK

Nothaburi

Korat

CM

Hat yai

Udon

Pak kret

KK

Sura Sam

Ubon

I went to Jomtien Immigration today for a Residence Certificate.

In-Out in 25 minutes. No complaint on that smile.png

With this document required for Driver License, for bike & cars purchase,

and more and more asked for Bank accounts too,

they certainly have here a nice cash generator system.

From my queue number today, I estimate about 100 certificates a day,

so about 30'000 baht daily tip (no receipts) for this office... rolleyes.gif

Jomtien comes up trumps again and again. Well done Jomtien. After all they did get a free building from the nearby developer. Why wouldn't they be a happy bunch. Seriously speaking they have recently rearranged the modus operandi and changed around the flow of the building with more junior reception staff and give a great service. Almost a pleasure to go in there !

I went for a re-entry permit yesterday afternoon around 2:15. In past years this has taken anything from one hour to three, so I was expecting to lose the rest of the afternoon. Amazingly I was back out with the re-entry permit stamped in my passport in less than 10 minutes. Great stuff, Jomtien Immigration!

Yup, I dropped in early this morning to do a 90 day reporting....had a shitload of paperwork in tow as I've recently changed my address.....was in and out in 5 minutes and no need for the paper trail......shock, shock!,?

We shall see how the story continues as I've got my extension on stay due next month....woo, woo! ?

Debbie Downer here. In the past week, in threads in the main visas forum have been first-hand reports of some significant changes at Cholburi/Jomtien Immigrations for retirement extension applicants:

(1) can only apply within 30 days of expiration (down from 45+ days)

(2) must file TM.30 before application will be processed

(3) folks using combination method (income+savings) must have the savings "seasoned" three months (two months for initial)

Not shining a negative light on the worker bees with whom we interact face-to-face, but merely pointing out some significant administrative changes which apparently have been applied.

Debbie Downer here. In the past week, in threads in the main visas forum have been first-hand reports of some significant changes at Cholburi/Jomtien Immigrations for retirement extension applicants:

(1) can only apply within 30 days of expiration (down from 45+ days)

(2) must file TM.30 before application will be processed

(3) folks using combination method (income+savings) must have the savings "seasoned" three months (two months for initial)

Not shining a negative light on the worker bees with whom we interact face-to-face, but merely pointing out some significant administrative changes which apparently have been applied.

To add on above: heard and read from three different sources (Thaivisa, Pattaya expat club, real estate agent) that copy of rental & bills are not sufficient anymore, copy of blue book is requested also now..

Maybe somebody can confirm / deny this shortly?

When I apply for my next extension (in two months) I plan to take the chanote with me, and have photocopies on hand in case needed. ISTR that several years ago when I started getting retirement extensions at one point I handed over a photocopy of the chanote. I'm hoping that's adequate. Hopefully in the coming months we'll get more reports about how things actually work.

Last year I was blindsided by being one of the first people to be denied the ability to convert a 30-day visa-exempt stamp to a Non-Immigrant O visa enroute to a retirement extension at Jomtien Immigrations. There was NO advance notice of that change, and I ended up on an uncomfortable 13-hour bus ride to Mukdahan as a result. I plan to apply for my next extension exactly 30 days in advance to have maximum time to deal with any curve balls. Last year I received my extension 52 days (I think ... going from memory) early, at their suggestion. This year folks apparently are being turned away more than 30 days early.

Again, my experience with the front-line Immigrations Officers has been (for the most part) pleasant and they've been efficient and courteous. It's the changing processes/procedures that frost my cookies.

I still don't have a clue what CONDO OWNERS are required to show?!?

Blue book? Is that something condo owners are supposed to have?

When I apply for my next extension (in two months) I plan to take the chanote with me, and have photocopies on hand in case needed. ISTR that several years ago when I started getting retirement extensions at one point I handed over a photocopy of the chanote. I'm hoping that's adequate. Hopefully in the coming months we'll get more reports about how things actually work.

Last year I was blindsided by being one of the first people to be denied the ability to convert a 30-day visa-exempt stamp to a Non-Immigrant O visa enroute to a retirement extension at Jomtien Immigrations. There was NO advance notice of that change, and I ended up on an uncomfortable 13-hour bus ride to Mukdahan as a result. I plan to apply for my next extension exactly 30 days in advance to have maximum time to deal with any curve balls. Last year I received my extension 52 days (I think ... going from memory) early, at their suggestion. This year folks apparently are being turned away more than 30 days early.

Again, my experience with the front-line Immigrations Officers has been (for the most part) pleasant and they've been efficient and courteous. It's the changing processes/procedures that frost my cookies.

I think copy of Chanote is a good suggestion. If they do not accept utility bills etc I cannot see what else ' condo owners 'can show them. When I filed my TM 30 I tried a copy of my Yellow Book - not accepted. They accepted copy of my wifes Blue Book and copy of her IC card. Pointless really because although my wife is the owner of our house the Blue Book only shows where she lives - exactly the same as my Yellow Book does for me. . For JT I suggest you ask your Condo Juristic Manager to phone Immigration and ask them what they will accept from 'condo owners'. For those wanting to file the TM30 you need the form, copy of your passport, and whatever you plan to show. See the girls at the front desk and they will direct to go upstairs to the second floor to file. No queue number given or required. They give you the bottom part of the form to attach to your passport. I asked and they told me the validity is untill you move somewhere else.