Thai woman arrested after drugs found hidden inside shipment of women's shoes

Jonathan Fairfield

Thai woman arrested after drugs found hidden inside shipment of women's shoes

post-137452-0-22357700-1444914596_thumb.

Image: Manager.co.th

BANGKOK:-- A Thai woman is in police custody and her Nigerian boyfriend is on the run after nearly 12 kg of crystal meth was found hidden inside the heels of 58 pairs of shoes.

Acting on a tip off, police arrested Ms Emorn Palasan, 28, from Udon Thani, when she tried to collect the shipment from CTT Logistics in Nakhon Phatom on Wednesday, Manager reports.

Mr Anajemba Chukwunonso Lawrence, identified as the woman’s boyfriend, fled shortly before police arrived.

The woman told police how she had previously worked in a massage shop in Bahrain and had met her Nigerian boyfriend on Facebook about one year ago.

She also revealed that her boyfriend had asked her to pick up the shipment from the transport office in Nakhon Phatom and that she had picked up similar packages on six previous occasions.

Police revealed the drugs had been sent from China via Laos and entered Thailand at Mukdahan. It is estimated the drugs have a street value in excess of 20 million Baht.

The woman has been charged relating to drug possession and intent to supply and is awaiting further legal proceedings.

tvn.png
-- 2015-10-15

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess is that this woman had absolutely no idea they were there and was being used by her boyfriend, obviously they don't care about that anyway.

If the Nigerian had sent a messenger to pick up the shipment instead of his girlfriend would they have charged him ?

Will they start arresting the postman or the DHL / FedEx guy next ?

Once again its the mules that are taking the fall. As a nobody she will have a lifetime to reflect on just how naive she was.

I will say fair play to the cops for getting this type of drug out of circulation. It isn't recreational in any way, shape or form and does drastically affect the life of the end user.

Hope this lady will get some kind of sentence reduction for hopefully giving up any info she has about her Nigerian boyfriend.

From Isaan, she has travelled all the way to be a prostitute in Bahrain and now living with a nigerian whom she met on facebook. And some people seriously beleive that she may have had no suspicion about what her boyfriend was upto?

Edited by saakura

Just checked my sympathy meter and its at zero.

My sympathy meter has hit its apex at 1.7. Largely due to the uneducated dimness of the highest order exhibited by this young lady.

Nothing any of us can do for her now.

Why would want to do anything for an accused drug smuggler, how do you know she was dim and hardly a lady

My sympathy meter has hit its apex at 1.7. Largely due to the uneducated dimness of the highest order exhibited by this young lady.

Why would want to do anything for an accused drug smuggler, how do you know she was dim and hardly a lady

I don't care. How's that.

I don't care. How's that.

... and your response?

You're lost for words?

6 shipments of shoes had arrived before. After the soles, heels and other parts were pried open to retrieve the drugs, were they repaired and sold, or binned and the much more lucrative drugs sold? Before applying any sympathy, ask her was her boyfriend selling shoes or drugs.

In the picture, who is the guy to her right with his head down wearing the "London" shirt?

Mules are expendable and a new one is as close as Facebook.

Hopefully, she helps police capture her "BF." There must be a picture of him somewhere....

My guess is that this woman had absolutely no idea they were there and was being used by her boyfriend, obviously they don't care about that anyway.

If the Nigerian had sent a messenger to pick up the shipment instead of his girlfriend would they have charged him ?

Will they start arresting the postman or the DHL / FedEx guy next ?

Yes, there is a good chance that she had no idea what was going on. Her affluent Nigerian BF may have convinced her that she was working in a legitimate business capacity. Yes, I realize she may well have known, but, she may not have known. That's why I don't like to join the hang 'em high brigade w/o conclusive evidence. Either way, she is probably screwed for life.

a good scamster would not have let the lady known what she was actually collecting.

that way, she would be acting very normally when she collected the parcel, and thus would not arouse suspicion.

there is a reasonable chance this naive lady had no idea what was about to happen to her. the only way that she will ever prove this, is if she can lead the poilce to the suspect male

In the picture, who is the guy to her right with his head down wearing the "London" shirt?

post-137452-0-22357700-1444914596_zpslj6

Judging from the wig, I would say he's the next innocent who is being set up as an Erawan bombing suspect. Perhaps he's that Aod fellow that Somyot fabricated in order to claim on his retirement day that he solved 3 bombing cases?

Edited by zaphod reborn

You are assuming that the girl is naive and had been influenced by a Nigerian.

I doubt that, because judging by the details in the OP, my guess is that`s she`s well streetwise and collaborated willingly. You are suggesting foreigners should be admitted into the country by racial profiling.

You come across as racist and not an educated person, the clue is that you can`t even spell the word.

To those who play the "you're a racist" card please think about this.

In a former life I worked for a UK bank and often had contact with various police forces investigating fraudulent transactions on customers accounts. During my conversations with the police I was reliably informed that several major financial institutions were using special computer programmes to highlght 'suspect/laundering' transactions. Every transaction on all accounts where the customer had a name begining and ending with a vowel came under scrutiny. I doubt the banks used such computer technology on a whim. They were doing this 30 years ago to help the police and protect themselves from the epidemic of East African drug dealers in the UK

I think that identifying and then dealing with this problem is good business practice, but no doubt you would call me racist.

Edited by Rimmer
Quoted reply of a removed post