Ministry of Education ready to improve Thai education

webfact

Ministry of Education ready to improve Thai education

edu.jpg

BANGKOK, 19 October 2015 (NNT)- After presenting its policy presenting to all of its education offices, the Ministry of Education is ready to raise the standards of Thai education.

According to the Deputy Education Minister, Dr. Theerakiat Charoensetthasin, the Office of Education Council will be tasked with the responsibility of ensuring that all organizations are aware of the ministry's education policy and developing a practical one in a bid to raise the standard of Thai education up to par with other nations'.

The Office of Education Council is also expected to launch a survey on the pros and cons of the current education system to further improve the curriculum. It is the last of the organizations under the Ministry of Education to have been given the ministry's working policy.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-10-19 footer_n.gif

The council (how many members)is undoubtably comprised of experienced, professionally trained educators who have experienced foreign systems which are successful for at least a year or so . They have also visited the best and the worst that have beeb found in Thailand so they are prepared to implement positive measures to accomplish the goals, with perodic progress or lack thereof being made and published??????

well maqybe the time table for accomplishing the difficult and the impossible tasks assignments may continue in the tried , tested and proven Thai way to screw up just about any thing they approach, or touch, unless it is self serving. hate to be so pessimetic but ''education'' has been largely ignorned, in this country, for those in need once the budget monies have been pocketed.

Thailand already seems capable and very successfuk at the education of methods of graft, money laundering, postponing release of reliable info, stakking legal process and buying your way out of jail time. I noticed no mention of a change in special courses like these mrntioned.

The question now is how!? They are ready but how? I haven't seen them coming with solutions. What they do is just blame the teachers they do a poor job. But they never realized that the class sizes are way too large in most government schools. The quality of books is poor, most of them containing a language that is way too advanced for young learners. And after that they wonder why the kids fail. It is because the kids could not comprehend the advanced language in primary books and the chain reaction happens. Therefore low IQ in most Thai kids.

There are so many problems and they come from the top. First they should understand that the educational system is wrong from the core.

The biggest issue now is that none of these ministers, deputy ministers and their staff have any real idea how to improve the education standard.....the issue is to bring in people from the international arena that do know and can make a difference............but of course sadly, that will not happen.

I really shouldnt bother reading these threads.

All I can say is things like

"Ministry of Education ready to blow more smoke up ordinary Thai peoples xxxxx"

or

"Ministry of Education ready to siphon more xxxxx"

or

"Ministry of Education ready to do absolutely xxxxxxx"

And there not even funny.

Are they finally going to allow students to seriously ask questions now? Oh! It's just another survey.

I thought, I thought, and I thought but nothing comes up.

I probably Tink too Mutt...

Ohhh no....they will go once a week in the temple and learn something from the monks smile.png

According to the Deputy Education Minister, Dr. Theerakiat Charoensetthasin, the Office of Education Council will be tasked with the responsibility of ensuring that all organizations are aware of the ministry's education policy and developing a practical one in a bid to raise the standard of Thai education up to par with other nations'.

***Which nations? Somalia, Sudan, Mali?

A great start would be to teach" Critical Thinking method", like most of the world,rather than the "Rote ( parrot) method"

Unfortunately, the teachers have never been exposed to "crCtical Thinking" and are very resistant to teaching it even though the Ministery of Education wants them to.

How can they teach what they do not know?

The first step is to reeducate existing teachers and stop teaching university students to teach the "Rote" method.

The council (how many members)is undoubtably comprised of experienced, professionally trained educators who have experienced foreign systems which are successful for at least a year or so . They have also visited the best and the worst that have beeb found in Thailand so they are prepared to implement positive measures to accomplish the goals, with perodic progress or lack thereof being made and published??????

well maqybe the time table for accomplishing the difficult and the impossible tasks assignments may continue in the tried , tested and proven Thai way to screw up just about any thing they approach, or touch, unless it is self serving. hate to be so pessimetic but ''education'' has been largely ignorned, in this country, for those in need once the budget monies have been pocketed.

Thailand already seems capable and very successfuk at the education of methods of graft, money laundering, postponing release of reliable info, stakking legal process and buying your way out of jail time. I noticed no mention of a change in special courses like these mrntioned.

Actually, you are closer to the truth than you think.

The word needed here is incentive. The reason why Thai people excel at all of the above is through necessity, i.e. staying alive.

If they can be shown an incentive for learning then I believe they could learn but unfortunately they have been too poor for too long.

So far, the improvements introduced since the current non-elected administration arrived on the scene are lots more time at school spent flag waving, reciting the PM's arbitrarily-imposed 12 Commandments and singing nationalist songs.

Now, in a country where most kids get over three months holiday a year and over 20 other days off for various pretexts, there is a proposal to drastically reduce school hours.

Can somebody please explain to me how these measures are going to help my eight-year-old daughter and millions of kids like her compete with the rest of the ASEAN bloc youngsters who are currently leaving Thai kids standing in terms of IQ, the ability to speak English (ASEAN's official language) and qualifications?

A great start would be to teach" Critical Thinking method", like most of the world,rather than the "Rote ( parrot) method"

Unfortunately, the teachers have never been exposed to "crCtical Thinking" and are very resistant to teaching it even though the Ministery of Education wants them to.

The first step is to reeducate existing teachers and stop teaching university students to teach the "Rote" method.

I doubt that the government wants critical thinking.....Not this government and no other government on this planet.

critical thinking makes it impossible to control people

You can not teach 'critical thinking' to those that can not critically think.

You'd have better luck teaching penguins to fly.

Edited by lgking

to raise the standard of Thai education up to par with other nations'.

cheesy.gif means start from the scratch.....Big deal. Will take many years. Unfortunately for Thailand other countries started earlier already (Burma, Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam....) Now Thailand starts in activism, not very effective. First improve teacher's education: every teacher HAS to SPEAK English....cheesy.gif

You can not teach 'critical thinking' to those that can not critically think.

You'd have better luck teaching penguins to fly.

Of course you can teach critical thinking to children. It might work better or worse for some people, but all will improve in compare to teach them only to mimic a parrot.

Problem 1) where get the teachers from, Problem 2 ) they'll question the politician, police, courts, laws, tax, use of state money and power, society, religion. That would be very disturbing. No one want that. And there is no profit in it.

to raise the standard of Thai education up to par with other nations'.

cheesy.gif means start from the scratch.....Big deal. Will take many years. Unfortunately for Thailand other countries started earlier already (Burma, Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam....) Now Thailand starts in activism, not very effective. First improve teacher's education: every teacher HAS to SPEAK English....cheesy.gif

Burma, Cambodia, Malaysia the hub of critical thinking?

I think not......

Not every teacher has to speak English....what a nonsense.....Do you think in France, Switzerland or Germany every teacher speaks English all the time?

The mathematics teacher of course should speak the local language.

The English teacher should really speak English.