Its Happening All Over.................. Confirmed.

thequietman

My internet has gone to <deleted> this past 3 weeks or so and now the call quality on Skype is rubbish.

Wife contacted TOT today and the lady confirmed that it is happening all over Thailand and not just in my area.

So.............. anyone experiencing the same and is it affecting your work? bah.gif

My TOT connection went bang at 9 am this morning,they've just been and restored my connection.

Related who knows,probably not I've only recently changed over to fibre.

My Mrs saying a week or two ago that TOT are snowed under with fiber optic connection requests, i know when we got ours in, paid for everything, they gave us the switch and wifi box, but did say it would be 2 to 3 weeks before someone could be there to run the cable, and it was a little over 2 weeks before they turned up.....maybe the issues stem from the demand for the connections ? Edited by Soutpeel

My TOT ADSL has been absolutely awful today. Can't connect to international sites at all.

Usually 10Mbps and very stable. Did a speedtest on "testmy.net" and shows everybody with TOT is in the crapper.

Strangely enough, ThaiVisa is faster than ever!

Edited by curtklay

My TOT ADSL in Jomtien went to crap yesterday for mostly internationally hosted content / sites. Local content and locally cached sites normal.

Speed test to bangkok servers i get 9.3 Mbps DL and 0.53 Mbps UL -- ping 23ms - normal figures since beginning of contract 2 yrs ago.

Speed test to Singapore / Aust or US, i get 0.04 Mbps DL and 0.01 Mbps UL -- ping 1050ms - virtually unusable.

Spoke to TOT this afternoon and they said they were not aware of any issues but will look into it and get back to me.

Up until yesterday, apart from the occasional dropout, service had been quite reliable.

Currently hotspotting from my phone via 3g.

My TOT ADSL in Jomtien went to crap yesterday for mostly internationally hosted content / sites. Local content and locally cached sites normal.

Speed test to bangkok servers i get 9.3 Mbps DL and 0.53 Mbps UL -- ping 23ms - normal figures since beginning of contract 2 yrs ago.

Speed test to Singapore / Aust or US, i get 0.04 Mbps DL and 0.01 Mbps UL -- ping 1050ms - virtually unusable.

Spoke to TOT this afternoon and they said they were not aware of any issues but will look into it and get back to me.

Up until yesterday, apart from the occasional dropout, service had been quite reliable.

Currently hotspotting from my phone via 3g.

I am also tethering from my 3G phone hotspot. Strangely, i experienced a strong downfall from the internet speed in the past 32 hours. I am sitting in the boonies near Sisaket. I bought additional 1 Gigabyte because I thought my 6 Gigabyte had been used up (in 5 days they will be renewed). It's actually relieving to read that other people experience the same slowdown.

So there is hope it will get fixed soon, and I don't have to pull the plug on my bathtub.

Edited by crazygreg44

I just came to this forum to start a new thread, but after reading this might as well just post it here since it seems like you all are having a problem with TOT! I will be calling them tomorrow, because I refuse to pay a full months internet that has been unusable for the last month or so.

My TOT speeds have been up and down like a whore's drawers since the end of September.

Exactly same... since there was the "broken undersea cable" in the news or something, the international speeds have been terrible which makes the internet pretty much unusable. Out of all the sites, Facebook seems to be the worst (doesn't load anything and impossible to watch videos). It's really becoming a problem, because I need the internet every single day for studying and working at home. Might have to move to another condo, as TOT is the only one we are able to get to this building apparently.

Anyone know of any updates with the undersea cable that was broken?

Edited by SS1

I just came to this forum to start a new thread, but after reading this might as well just post it here since it seems like you all are having a problem with TOT! I will be calling them tomorrow, because I refuse to pay a full months internet that has been unusable for the last month or so.

My TOT speeds have been up and down like a whore's drawers since the end of September.

Exactly same... since there was the "broken undersea cable" in the news or something, the international speeds have been terrible which makes the internet pretty much unusable. Out of all the sites, Facebook seems to be the worst (doesn't load anything and impossible to watch videos). It's really becoming a problem, because I need the internet every single day for studying and working at home. Might have to move to another condo, as TOT is the only one we are able to get to this building apparently.

Yeah I was having the Facebook problem too this week on True's 100 Mbps DOCSIS connection.

Called engineers out and working just fine now, though.

TOT are bloody terrible

Don't worry - you might not have any internet to complain about soon. Those deadly hackers Anonymous are about to target the government over its single gateway plan. What they plan to do, I have no idea, but anyone with Twitter can check out anonymousasia. If what I hear is correct, then we could be in for some fun times, especially if you have any business with govt departments.

There has to be interference here surely.............. FB,,,,,,,,boom......loads immediately. Youtube................boom........loads quickly. Popular websites used by the Thais........boom........load immediately.

ThaiVisa, BBC, sites out side Thailand, SKYPE............. no boom.......... take forever to load. Surely I am not imagining this. I am one of the digital nomads people refer to and if this keeps up............I'm gone, sadly.

Don't worry - you might not have any internet to complain about soon. Those deadly hackers Anonymous are about to target the government over its single gateway plan. What they plan to do, I have no idea, but anyone with Twitter can check out anonymousasia. If what I hear is correct, then we could be in for some fun times, especially if you have any business with govt departments.

I did think of this last night and thought maybe anonymous they got their time zones mixed up or set their alarms wrong....

Maybe TOT screwed down their firewall in preparation as anonymous warned several days ago cyber attacks would start Thursday.

It's not just TOT. I am on 3BB, 10 Mb line and it is lagging. Not only lagging but also for the last year they have cut me off 2-4 days before the bill is due to be payed. I could understand if the name was in a non-Thai persons name but it's not. My wife always always went the day was owed and payed at the shop. Now the bastards just sever your connection and when you have to go and pay, before the due date they leave you hanging for ages. Complete arse-wipe monkeys!!!!

Edited by Eddy B

Just made a TOT Pattaya speedtest some minutes ago:

USA - Download 1.28 Mps, Upload 0.18 Mps

UK - Download 0.39 Mps, Upload 0.09 Mps

TH - Download 5.75 Mps, Upload 0.29 Mps

Are they working at the single Internet gateway???

Edited by snowgard

Like wise - my TOT fibre tested at .5mb download(basic service 800 baht)

dtac 3g however was a whopping 10mb download. well done dtac -you show them how to maintain a service!

true coverage not so good despite advertising 3g coverage for our area (koh phangan)

Just made a TOT Pattaya speedtest some minutes ago:

USA - Download 1.28 Mps, Upload 0.18 Mps

UK - Download 0.39 Mps, Upload 0.09 Mps

TH - Download 5.75 Mps, Upload 0.29 Mps

Are they working at the single Internet gateway???

Just for comparison to another ISP and Thailand location, I'm on a True DOCSIS/cable 15Mb/1.5Mb plan here in Bangkok. I don't really like using speedtest.net for internetational speed testing since the ping time and/or download speed can be easily fooled by local cache servers. Anyway, just for comparison here what I got using Speedtest.net to San Jose, USA; London, UK; and Bangkok, TH a few minutes ago. Also keep in mind there are different speedtest.net servers in most every city to run the test against and servers in the same city can have different speed/capacity capability...makes it harder to compare apples to apples unless using the same servers...but anyway, below is what I got.

USA/San Jose: Ping 286ms / DL 16.25Mb / UL 1.55Mb

UK/London: Ping 287ms / DL 2.09Mb / UL 1.39Mb

TH/Bangkok: Ping 12ms / DL 21.32Mb / UL 1.67Mb

Note: True DOCSIS includes DL speed "bursting" which increases the DL speed for short periods...usually longer than the speedtest interval of testing which is why you see DL speeds greater than my plan's advertised speed. Bursting is great for browsing...downloading small files...etc., since it supercharges your connection for a short period.

Edited by Pib

I am on TOT Wi-Net and have experienced the same intermittent problems for the last month. Skype video calls are garbage half the time.

Tempted to do some traceroute research but I am afraid of what I would find.

Depressing that such a giant leap backward is being considered (already started?) after the connectivity improvements of the last few years.

No, wait, it is not depressing - it is infuriating. angry.gif

My understanding was that it was the fibre-optic exchange server in Songkhla, the one that connects with the various submarine cables, that had the problem at the end of September. Judging by my International connection speeds yesterday they're still having problems.

There are five undersea cables that land at Songkhla so it's not a good place to have a problem.

2 weeks ago my TOT internet was shocking. Speeds were up and down like a yoyo.

Called them and they came and checked it. Guy said it was my wiring in my house was no good!!

Despite the fact my house is only 2 years old and built to a high standard. !!

He left saying i needed to change the wires in my house and it would work .

Rest of that day it was as per usual up and down. But since the next day it has been faster than ever and no problems at all !!biggrin.png

I live in the city near airport plaza. Signed up for T O T fibre. Took modem home. Next morning techies came, put it together and my computer goes like a rocket on all sites.(except those silly green ones). That was 3 months ago. T O T do not own the copper wires that handles many connections. One look at all the hash of wires hanging from the poles should explain a lot about crap connections. But fibre is great.

not only TOT

True adsl uses TOT too.

bad connection

bad dhcp

European site bad to reach.

sites reachable from very quick to unreachable.

used several dhcp servers local and global.

problem is some where in TOT network

when switch to true move h data all runs smooth