Govt cautions against 'red' campaign in support of Yingluck

webfact

Why such hate? Its clear the prosecution of Yingluck is more persecution than justice. Everyone in the entire world knows that, including everyone in Thailand. It is aimed at her brother.

Thailand is no different than other world countries. Just look at the Republicans playing games with Hillary Clinton. They are trying to demonize her at every turn. Sometimes this demonizing thing can backfire just look at the Canadian election and how that worked out for Harper. Harper halloween masks are all the rage this year tears and all. He was so desperate to win he was going to tell the people that "vote for me one more time and I will retire from politics" Politicians know no shame.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why such hate? Its clear the prosecution of Yingluck is more persecution than justice. Everyone in the entire world knows that, including everyone in Thailand. It is aimed at her brother.

quote "Everyone in the entire world knows that, including everyone in Thailand."

Are you quite sure that every person in the entire world knows?

Is that called poetic licence, exaggeration or what.

You would probably find that of the estimated In demographics, the world population is the total number of humans living on Earth. As of July 2015, it was estimated at 7.3 billion.[1] The United Nations estimates it will increase to 11.2 billion in the year 2100.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

Of that 7.3 billion people over 6 billion have never heard of Thailand and of the rest perhaps 90% (my guess) don't care either.

Excuse me. Let me qualify my statement. Everyone in the entire world, that follows events in Thailand. Satisfied?

That works for me.

Just have a, massive, mixed(!) army-police force out on Nov. 1, and take a pair of pictures of each and everyone wearing red, also a view of their ID (no ID = administrative detention), possibly linked to the central data bank to pick out criminals on the run, do this all in a very civil way (as long as the controlled remain peacefull...), save all the information for possible judicial use in the future, ...and make this all known loud and clear to the general public.

My guess is a, large, majority of Thais will appreciate it, all the ones who are fed up with the PTP/UDD 'roadshow', and the one financing it for his own.

By no means let the red mobbers take to the streets once again! In 2010 the real reason was Shin Thaksin wanting money back, today it would be Shin Yingluck not paying any...

A practical solution would be for the reds to campaign in support of all thieves, not just the Shinawatra thieves. Fair enough?

They campaign to support their own thieves, not all thieves. They call it electioneering.

Stupid reds. Actually wanting to have the right to vote! How pretentious is that?!

You mean: 'wanting the rights but not the moral duties that come with it'?

No, I did not mean that. Only the dim witted would suggest that one should link the right to vote with some kind of moral test.

Just have a, massive, mixed(!) army-police force out on Nov. 1, and take a pair of pictures of each and everyone wearing red, also a view of their ID (no ID = administrative detention), possibly linked to the central data bank to pick out criminals on the run, do this all in a very civil way (as long as the controlled remain peacefull...), save all the information for possible judicial use in the future, ...and make this all known loud and clear to the general public.

My guess is a, large, majority of Thais will appreciate it, all the ones who are fed up with the PTP/UDD 'roadshow', and the one financing it for his own.

By no means let the red mobbers take to the streets once again! In 2010 the real reason was Shin Thaksin wanting money back, today it would be Shin Yingluck not paying any...

What 'judicial use in the future' are you anticipating exactly - some retroactive article in the new constitution outlawing the wearing of red?

They campaign to support their own thieves, not all thieves. They call it electioneering.

Stupid reds. Actually wanting to have the right to vote! How pretentious is that?!

No, I did not mean that. Only the dim witted would suggest that one should link the right to vote with some kind of moral test.

That's why in most countries we have strict rules about who can run for office, and about grubby politicians accepting bribes to vote to orders of a criminal. Do you know of any political party, anywhere, that pays politicians to be members of the party?

Here we have the party list - buy enough popular MPs, then use their votes to nominate not only the PM, but any corrupt scum and criminal who will follow your orders. Works well when large numbers of voters are poor, uneducated and uninformed.

I don't know who advise this government but if they were trying to create a Thailand Aung San Suu Kyi, that would be the most efficient way.

To be fair I think the General is well aware of that and there is evidence to that effect.Like most of the upper levels of the elite there is no personal animosity on his part toward Yingluck (she had a good relationship with Prem and the palace) rather a determination that the Shinawatra clan's influence will end forever.The attitude towards Yingluck is also tempered with fear because she remains by some considerable distance the most popular politician in the Kingdom.

As an important aside most thoughtful people know that the eradication of Shinawatra influence would not actually solve the problem.It's quite possible that in years to come traditionalists will curse their predecessors for not doing a deal with Thaksin who actually shared most of their values.In other words the alternative (think Chavez) could be a great deal worse.

The problem Prayuth faces in coming to a sensible arrangement with Yingluck is the small but influential bunch of reactionary crazies who wrap themselves in the flag and royalist rhetoric.They cannot be easily silenced and have the capacity to wreck any lasting compromise deal.

A more ruthless political culture like that of China or the old Soviet Union would have a way of dealing with these fanatics but that option is not yet open thank goodness in Thailand.

The "crazy" card will not be discarded by the "player" who holds it. It has proved it's utility and usefulness over and over again.

That's why in most countries we have strict rules about who can run for office, and about grubby politicians accepting bribes to vote to orders of a criminal. Do you know of any political party, anywhere, that pays politicians to be members of the party?

Here we have the party list - buy enough popular MPs, then use their votes to nominate not only the PM, but any corrupt scum and criminal who will follow your orders. Works well when large numbers of voters are poor, uneducated and uninformed.

". Works well when large numbers of voters are poor, uneducated and uninformed."

Ah yes, the elitist argument. The voters who vote for the wrong party are uneducated and uninformed. Better take away their right to vote!bah.gif

Which hate?

This has nothing to do with her brother. Neither Pheu Thai (Thaksin's party) nor UDD (Thaksin de facto leader) are responsible for the "Red Shirts for an Amply Rich Girl" day. It's started on 'social media', allegedly that is. Did some young Oaf put something on facebook? Anyway the 'CyberSecurity' unit which Pol. Captain Chalerm has setup in a new building and which the current government let snoop a bit more, should be able to clarify. If necessary they could even ask the NSA or GCQH for some help and advise.

I hope that the Government realizes that when they threaten the Shins with a multi billion dollar confiscation, deserved or not, the might trigger quite a shit storm.

You mean a 'Shin' storm or are you suggesting that 'red shirts' would rise up to defend Amply Rich elite people?

". Works well when large numbers of voters are poor, uneducated and uninformed."

Ah yes, the elitist argument. The voters who vote for the wrong party are uneducated and uninformed. Better take away their right to vote!bah.gif

Well as Pheu Thai just said 800 billion Baht was spent on the segment of the population which voted for them.

Well as Pheu Thai just said 800 billion Baht was spent on the segment of the population which voted for them.

Huh?

Huh?

"The party claimed in the statement that 870,018 million baht have been paid directly into the pockets of rice farmers “without any leaks or without any other people benefiting from the scheme.”"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/864866-pheu-thai-issues-statement-in-defence-of-ms-yingluck-over-rice-pledging-scheme/

What 'judicial use in the future' are you anticipating exactly - some retroactive article in the new constitution outlawing the wearing of red?

No, something alas much more realistic: that the UDD's red stormtroopers might get violent, again, this time when Shin Yingluck is not let off the hook...

I don't know who advise this government but if they were trying to create a Thailand Aung San Suu Kyi, that would be the most efficient way.

Ha ha - that made me laugh. Oh wait, you're serious ?.

Typical Thailand : they took someone else's idea then made an absolutely terrible copy which misses all the good points of the original.

Funny how all the reds seem to start their 'protests' when it looks like the Shinwatra's might lose some money eh ? wink.png

Jump Fido, jump.

You do know Suu Kyi is not a soap start right ?.

"You do know Suu Kyi is not a soap start right ?." ESL, English as a Shaky Language. A short incoherent meaningless string of words that are not English.

Off-topic, but there were rules for who runs for office in Thailand as well, back when there were elections. That was back when elections were allowed and people were allowed to call for elections, along with other basic rights.

Regarding all your claims about payments, do you have any sources?

Edited by heybruce

Huh?

"The party claimed in the statement that 870,018 million baht have been paid directly into the pockets of rice farmers “without any leaks or without any other people benefiting from the scheme.”"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/864866-pheu-thai-issues-statement-in-defence-of-ms-yingluck-over-rice-pledging-scheme/

Are you claiming that farming subsidies are a form of vote buying? If that is so, there is an awful lot of vote buying going on in Europe.

Aren't you going off-topic? On another thread you maintained that only comments pertaining to every key word in the topic title (no amnesty for on the run lawbreakers) should be allowed.

"Why such hate?"

Because their beloved general is slowly but surely turning into a nightmare - even for the cheerleaders - so all they have left is the hate for Thaksin.

Pathetic, really.

But, but, but Suthep, Abhisit, the Dems, the Amart.............................................

Oh the irony.

That sort of massive clampdown based on peoples sartorial choice would go down an absolute storm both internationally and domestically, (Thailand loves tourists - but don't wear a red Tee Shirt)!

clap2.gif

"Administrative detention", the sort of concept that has a number of people here getting rather moist around their underpants!

If such a central data base does exist (does it, I don't know) then the computers would almost certainly crash under the volume of traffic that would ensue if everyone wearing red had two pictures entered for cross checking!

clap2.gif

I hope that the Government realizes that when they threaten the Shins with a multi billion dollar confiscation, deserved or not, the might trigger quite a shit storm.

You mean a 'Shin' storm or are you suggesting that 'red shirts' would rise up to defend Amply Rich elite people?

Well as History tends to repeat itself, yes.

The government should just go the whole hog and ban any coloured shirts at all , be they red , yellow , green or whatever. Such a move would promote reconciliation.

Instead of colors they could have 50 shades of grey.This would be in line with the kind of utopia Prayuth has in mind for Thailands future.

I have in mind the colour Grey, after Mao and a little red and yellow book, thoughts of Prayut - O

Aung San Suu Kyi has class

Yingluck has...cellulitis

A cheap stupid and vulgar remark that does not further the OP.

"Why such hate?"

Because their beloved general is slowly but surely turning into a nightmare - even for the cheerleaders - so all they have left is the hate for Thaksin.

Pathetic, really.

yes, and unfortunately for PM Mr.T is still very popular (same his sister) Both (T+Y) pushed Thailand forward to a prosperous country. This has stopped now and Thailand's economy is going down.

PM is getting nervous now.....

Aung San Suu Kyi has class

Yingluck has...cellulitis

A cheap stupid and vulgar remark that does not further the OP.

glad you liked it tongue.png

Did they not listen ? - play dead until the next elections.

Thaksin can't buy the military and can't rely on the police protecting his terrorists so they must lie low for now.

But lapdogs need not worry : your time will come again and the funding with it. And who knows ? - he still might get back and make you rich. I wonder how many innocent people are walking around right now who will be your future victims.