Which Visa, Help pls

i've been going to thailand for about 10 yrs, got a thai wife and daughter out there,i only been going for a maximum 28 days at a time,,just been made redundant , so i'm going for 3 months (well just less then 90 days) which visa do i get, and what do i need to do,

Thanks for any replies

A single entry tourist visa would cover your stay.

60 days on entry and that can be extended by 30 or 60 days for 1,900 baht at immigration.

A single entry non immigrant 'O' visa based on marriage.

90 days on entry. It could be extended too.

Many embassies/consulates accept applications by post.

Edited by elviajero

im in england , when i get there i will be staying in near surin, want to make it as easy as possible, so i get a single entry tourist visa 60 days (from where and how much) and how do i extend it (sorry for sounding thick, lol,, but ive never done it before)

so its A single entry non immigrant 'O' visa based on marriage.

90 days on entry., so its the thai embassies/consulates here,england.... applications by post. , that will do for me, so just print of a form from there site and send with pp and fee ????

90 days on entry., so its the thai embassies/consulates here,england.... applications by post. , that will do for me, so just print of a form from there site and send with pp and fee ????

You cannot apply by post to the Consulates.

Only the Thai Embassy in London will accept postal visa applications.

im in england , when i get there i will be staying in near surin, want to make it as easy as possible, so i get a single entry tourist visa 60 days (from where and how much) and how do i extend it (sorry for sounding thick, lol,, but ive never done it before)

You can apply for the visa by post in London (link). All instructions are on the website.

Extension of stay would be applied for at the local immigration office when in Thailand. You can apply for an extension towards the end of the stay you are extending. 1,900 baht.

yea just looking on there site

Non-Immigrant Type O

• Birth Certificate (applicant's child)
  • Certificate of Marriage or its equivalents (if married to Thai national)
  • a copy of marriage certificate,a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 anuually.)
  • An official recommendation letter from organization perform voluntary job in Thailand (for volunteer job)
  • Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner.

cant do/ show a copy of Thai ID of spouse

so how do i go about getting

a single entry tourist visa £25.

im in the west midlands

yea just looking on there site

Non-Immigrant Type O

• Birth Certificate (applicant's child)
  • Certificate of Marriage or its equivalents (if married to Thai national)
  • a copy of marriage certificate,a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 anuually.)
  • An official recommendation letter from organization perform voluntary job in Thailand (for volunteer job)
  • Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner.

cant do/ show a copy of Thai ID of spouse

so how do i go about getting

a single entry tourist visa £25.

im in the west midlands

A single entry tourist visa can be obtained by applying, in person, to the Birmingham Hon.Thai Consulate.

http://www.thailand-visa.com

Or by post to the Thai Embassy in London.

so its

) Submit with the completed form: - Your passport/Travel document which must be valid for at least 6 months - Two recent passport size photos - Appropriate fee (See Section 3) POSTAL ORDERS ONLY - Each applicant must enclose self address envelope and pay an extra £10 on top of the visa fee to cover the return of passport NOTE : Visa applications should be sent to: Visa Section, The Royal Thai Embassy,

Tourist Visa £25,,, 60 days then i have to get EXTENSION OF STAY ,,

to do that i have to file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Centre B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok

so far is that right

so its

) Submit with the completed form: - Your passport/Travel document which must be valid for at least 6 months - Two recent passport size photos - Appropriate fee (See Section 3) POSTAL ORDERS ONLY - Each applicant must enclose self address envelope and pay an extra £10 on top of the visa fee to cover the return of passport NOTE : Visa applications should be sent to: Visa Section, The Royal Thai Embassy,

to do that i have to file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Centre B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok

so far is that right

You can extend a tourist visa at any immigration office in Thailand for 30 days for a fee of 1900 baht,you can print the form for that off on line also.

so its

so far is that right

An application for an extension of stay can be made at any Immigration office but if staying in Bangkok Chaengwattana would be the place.

so its

so far is that right

When you apply for the extension of stay you can apply at the immigration office in Surin for a 60 day extension based on visiting your wife. You need to take her with you and take the original marriage certificate plus copies of; marriage certificate, wife's ID, wife's house book (Blue Tabien Baan).

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

so its

so far is that right

When you apply for the extension of stay you can apply at the immigration office in Surin for a 60 day extension based on visiting your wife. You need to take her with you and take the original marriage certificate plus copies of; marriage certificate, wife's ID, wife's house book (Blue Tabien Baan).

yea i shall do that ,. thanks,,,so its Tourist Visa £25,,, 60 days from http://www.thailand-visa.com/

then on the 60th day or just before pop in to immigration office in Surin

yea i shall do that ,. thanks,,,so its Tourist Visa £25,,, 60 days from http://www.thailand-visa.com/

then on the 60th day or just before pop in to immigration office in Surin

Don't wait to the 60th day. You should apply about a week before. You don't lose out by applying early because the 60 day extension starts from when the original extension finishes.

• Like 1

Also, note that if planning to get the 60-day extension to visit wife, and sure you will stay less than 90 days, you might as well enter visa exempt. The tourist visa makes sense if you want to stay over 90 days, or go for the more regular 30-day extension (same cost, less documentation).

Edited by BritTim

Also, note that if planning to get the 60-day extension to visit wife, and sure you will stay less than 90 days, you might as well enter visa exempt. The tourist visa makes sense if you want to stay over 90 days, or go for the more regular 30-day extension (same cost, less documentation).

But you run the risk of encountering problems whilst boarding in the UK with a return ticket exceeding the 30 days,the airline can question and refuse you boarding,I've had that happen in June with Qatar airways and had to purchase a cheap ticket out to Kuala Lumpur which ok worked out cheaper than the price of a single entry tourist visa but is a headache.

It really is easier in this current immigration climate to just be prepared with a visa IMO.

• Like 1

<snip> then on the 60th day or just before pop in to immigration office in Surin

Please note, there is no Immigration Office in Surin City itself it's about 60km's away.

approx here in Kap Choeng https://goo.gl/maps/QMpc1zqtjhz

thanks for that, yea i know where that is , by the big market, so i just take the misses with me and all the papper work

( original marriage certificate plus copies of; marriage certificate, wife's ID, wife's house book Blue Tabien Baan.) and ask extension on my visa about 1900baht,

should take 10 mins or so ???? to get the extension, all is it like everything else in Thailand which takes hours. lol

can anyone heip me pls. what do i have to put in here ( mark on pict )

details for tourist , exit to ???

as i shall only be going Thailand for 70/80 days so i

get 60 days with visa then to immigration to get another 30

Thankspost-58181-0-50868400-1446222130_thumb.j

can anyone heip me pls. what do i have to put in here ( mark on pict )

details for tourist , exit to ???

You can place: TBD, or any country that is a likely destination for you. At this time, no further details are required by the Thai consulate in the UK.

Note: it would be much better that you obtain whatever document is missing for you to apply a non-imm. 'O' visa. Note - no proof of funds is required. despite what is listed on their website.

so i can put TBD as i wont be going to another destination,

apply a non-imm. 'O' visa is another 25 quid and and alot more paper work

i only live 30 odd mins away from brum ,( Royal Thai Consulate Birmingham) only need pp, 2 photos

Edited by GOWER