Confused-marriage Visa Rules!

I asked my wife and her friend to go immigration center to ask about the new situation about extension yesterday. I told her to ask if people like us who have millions here in the thai accounts for years and yeras and still cannot apply for the year extension. Its ridiculous. The answer from the immigracion official is vague. It seems like everything is case by case. So when I go apply my extension in a while I just show them my accounts in Thailand for between 5-10 miilions over 4 years. Still have about 5-6 million in many accounts here in thailand. If this is still not enough for them to proove I can feed my wife and new kid for a yaer (the baby due next February), which is the main reason for me to stay here, if they insisit i need the income letter from embassy, I will simply tell them sorry I don't the extension anymore because I am financially able to relocate to much better places. In the case, I have always thought to spend some times in Provence, or Andalucia, to raise my little kid. Then adios tailand.

I don't see your problem. A friend or a company in your homecountry can issue a letter, stating that you get a certain monthly payment for whatever reason. Your embassy in Bangkok (I assume the German one), will certify this letter. Then you simply let transfer your bank in your home country a monthly amount of about Baht 40,000. Really easy, especially if your a German.

WCA

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am working at a Law faculty and was also thinking about the Human Rights angle too.

The problem with the UN is that they are 'funded' by the governments and therefore play a bit of lip service but have no real power in the real sense of the word for actually implementing their own directives. A case of biting the hand that feeds it I guess.

You would probably get the European Human Rights courts to judge that Thailand is currently illegal on its immigration laws pertaining to families but what does Thailand care about that, it has far greater issues to worry about elsewhere that takes priority over a few Thai's and their foreign husbands.

With regards contravening Human Rights law by splitting a family then the solution and gentle response you are likely to get from Thai immigration is:

"We aren't splitting your family up. The decision to take her with you or leave her here while you depart back home is your decision to make and not ours, we are merely implementing Thai Law"

What I am looking forward to is some copper turning up on my door step to 'see' if the wife and I really love each other... what do they want, a sex show, kisses, cuddles or a frying pan fight?

Edited by Casanundra

So to sum up the situation if you're married to a Thai:

1. You need an income of 40k/month to extend your 'O' visa to stay togther. 400k is no longer accepted

2. You can't work in Thailand to provide the income - unless it's an approved trade that a Thai can't do.

3. It's no longer possible to get a multiple entry 'O' in Asia - So every 15 months will require a trip back home.

Looks like it's time for many of us to pack our bags and go home :o

hi all, yaimar here, there seems no end to the circles that we are going in, due to ,new rules. so help please. i am married to a thai, have kept 400.000 in a thai bank {since it went from 200,000] and draw an amount every month .from my uk pensions to cover the 40,000. reguirement , via the atm and deposite it, in a thai bank. in the past, i produce .a letter from the bank . and photo copies of bank book. eg 400,000 and monthly deposits. this is my question. do i now need

[next year] to have a signed statement from the embassy, ?consul. to that effect. and then / after the next visa application ,plus five months go out of the country, for three months.

if so, the above, will be true for many old stagers. why are they chasing us,/ when there are scams to defraud them going on all the time, i consider i have paid my dues, put my thai children through to uni. and spend my income in and around the local poplace, and run a, non donor, aid system. my wife and i are considering closing this down as all.. monies are from uk pensions and it looks as though i need to save up if i want to go and come back, every 15 months

So to sum up the situation if you're married to a Thai:

1. You need an income of 40k/month to extend your 'O' visa to stay togther. 400k is no longer accepted

2. You can't work in Thailand to provide the income - unless it's an approved trade that a Thai can't do.

3. It's no longer possible to get a multiple entry 'O' in Asia - So every 15 months will require a trip back home.

Looks like it's time for many of us to pack our bags and go home :o

hi all, yaimar here, there seems no end to the circles that we are going in, due to ,new rules. so help please. i am married to a thai, have kept 400.000 in a thai bank {since it went from 200,000] and draw an amount every month .from my uk pensions to cover the 40,000. reguirement , via the atm and deposite it, in a thai bank. in the past, i produce .a letter from the bank . and photo copies of bank book. eg 400,000 and monthly deposits. this is my question. do i now need

[next year] to have a signed statement from the embassy, ?consul. to that effect. and then / after the next visa application ,plus five months go out of the country, for three months.

if so, the above, will be true for many old stagers. why are they chasing us,/ when there are scams to defraud them going on all the time, i consider i have paid my dues, put my thai children through to uni. and spend my income in and around the local poplace, and run a, non donor, aid system. my wife and i are considering closing this down as all.. monies are from uk pensions and it looks as though i need to save up if i want to go and come back, every 15 months

Yaimar

Sounds to me as thought you have been here some time so if you have previously received the extension on the basis of marriage you won't have a problem. I went down to immigration acouple of days ago and they confirmed that I could continue to get my extension on a combination of pension (confirmed by Brit Embassy) and money in a Thai Bank.

You seem to be covered both on the 400,000 Baht route which would be sufficient on its own (available to those who have previously had a marriage extension only) AND the new 40,000 Baht/month route. The evidence of payment of this pension only needs to be shown to the Embassy it does NOT have to be paid into an account in Thailand.

I have a big question with i can not find a clear answer, because there are so much confusion around.

I get marry at the end of this year to my thai fiancee.

I'm 42 now, we will retire in Thailand end of 2007.

To get the 'O' Visa and further extendend, can i show as married the 400'000 Baht deposit or not.

Will this be accpeted?

(i can show more deposits if they need)

(But i can not show a monthly income from 40'000 every month).

Will the 400'000 Baht deposit accepted? (i can show this the whole year)

What is now possible to me?

Clear answers and advice would be very helpful to me.

I have a big question with i can not find a clear answer, because there are so much confusion around.

To get the 'O' Visa and further extendend, can i show as married the 400'000 Baht deposit or not.

Will this be accpeted?

Clear answers and advice would be very helpful to me.

--

any answer to me maybe from Sunbelt Asia?

Congrats!

Will this be accpeted?

Sorry, it is not accepted.

This is required

No, as you do not have a extension of stay based on marriage before Oct 1st, 2006

Multi entry visa

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Congrats!

Will this be accpeted?

This is required

No, as you do not have a extension of stay based on marriage before Oct 1st, 2006

Multi entry visa

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thank You very much for reply.

Do you mean with multy entry a Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa???

Edited by Mentors

Congrats!

Will this be accpeted?

This is required

Multi entry visa

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Do you mean with multy entry a Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa???

witch name of Visa do you mean with multy entry visa?

Edited by Mentors

Congrats!

Will this be accpeted?

This is required

Multi entry visa

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thank you again.

To-day my first step to a “married visa” was granted with a 3-months non visa after showing the required paperwork based on bankbook, letter from the bank and minimum 400.000 Baht. I started the procedure September 28 as I can proof with my passport. I stayed skeptical about obtaining the final year’s visa. And to-day I stumbled indeed with the rest of the procedure in room 101. NO, here are the new rules after October 1st!

After my question why because I started procedure September 28 her answer was short: “that’s another department. Here we stick to the new rules.”

Is this the famous “officers’ interpretation allowed” or has the different “departments” in the same body different rules?

I experienced the very same thing recently. A certain room on the upper floors said that I, who have very recently applied for a Non Immigrant O this month, said that I still needed to have 400,000 baht in the bank AND show a taxable income of at least 40,000 baht! When I told them about the changes in the law, they said that it did not apply for changing from a 30 day stamp to a Non Immigrant O. But then they said that I would have to check with room 101 about whether I needed to maintain a balance of 400,000 baht until my extension is granted a few months from now. When I told them about the changes in the law, they said they did not know and I would have to ask room 101 about what I needed to do to get one year's extension. I later went to that room but there was not any information forms like they have at the Labour Department and I did not have time to take a number and wait in line.

Are there actually any forms one could grab to get this info?

My question to Sunbelt or whomever is: Why do people still need to show money in the bank (400,000 baht) and a taxable income of over 40,000 baht to change a 30 day entry stamp into a 3-Month Non Immigrant O Visa AFTER October 1st? The officers on the third floor still want to see a letter in the bank that states one has a big wad of money in one's account or you don't get your 3 month visa. They also did not accept my foreign marriage certificate that was certified by my embassy and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and insisted on us getting the Kor Ror 22 at the district office. (Yet on the form they gave me it clearly states that they will accept one OR the other.) The point is things are not very clear if things seem to be left to the discretion of the individual officers or rooms.

So what will happen when I go to extend my visa for a year in room 101??? Do I need to prove to room 101 that I have kept a bank balance of 400,000 baht and taxable income of 40,000 baht like room 303 says even though I have clearly applied post October 1st? How soon after I get my Non Immigrant O should I try to extend it for a year because I will need to use my money very soon!

Very confused! :o Help!

Edited by my benny rai

My question to Sunbelt or whomever is: Why do people still need to show money in the bank (400,000 baht) and a taxable income of over 40,000 baht to change a 30 day entry stamp into a 3-Month Non Immigrant O Visa AFTER October 1st? The officers on the third floor still want to see a letter in the bank that states one has a big wad of money in one's account or you don't get your 3 month visa.

The reason why is they have not gotten the new regulation. It can be 400K or 40,000 Baht income. THIS is ONLY for the CHANGE of the visa which is the third floor. This will change around Nov 15th to be the same as the first floor( extension of stay)

They also did not accept my foreign marriage certificate that was certified by my embassy and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and insisted on us getting the Kor Ror 22 at the district office. (Yet on the form they gave me it clearly states that they will accept one OR the other.) The point is things are not very clear if things seem to be left to the discretion of the individual officers or rooms.

If married overseas, you need all three stamps from the Embassy, Ministry of Foreign affairs and Kor Ror 22( Letter from district office certifying that you are married overseas)

If married in Thailand, this is not needed.

So what will happen when I go to extend my visa for a year in room 101??? Do I need to prove to room 101 that I have kept a bank balance of 400,000 baht and taxable income of 40,000 baht like room 303 says even though I have clearly applied post October 1st? How soon after I get my Non Immigrant O should I try to extend it for a year because I will need to use my money very soon!

You can not use the 400K if you did the change after Oct 1st. You can only use the income then when you do the extension, as the ground floor follows the new regulation.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thank you for your reply, Sunbelt! You have taken a load off my mind! :o You had better believe I will recommend your services to any and all that I meet.

Thank you again for all your help and the following list you provided that I could not find anywhere in Room 101:

You will need the following:

1. Copy of Household Registration of Thai Wife.

2. Copy of Identification Card of Thai Wife.

3. Copy of Marriage Certificate

4. Clarification of Marital Status before Marriage.

5. Statement of guarantee of pension income from your Embassy that you have an income of at least Baht 40,000 per month or letter of guarantee from a foreign employer, that you are a employee, salary, position, years worked or Proof of this Thai income with the last three months of Phor Ngor Dor.1 (Personal Income tax form filed on a monthly basis) and Phor Ngor Dor.91 ( Filed on a yearly basis in March)

6.Copy of birth certificates of children. (if any)

7.Photo of place of residence. (show house’s number)

8.Map and telephone’s number of place of residence.

9.If under the age of 50 and working, a letter of guarantee from your employer. A copy of work permit as well.

10. Pictures of your wives clothes and your clothes in the same closet, picture of you and your wife on a living room sofa and a picture of the outside of the house with the house # in the picture. (This is not required if you have a birth certificate of children together.)

11. Application form TM 7 with 2x2 inch square photo’s attached.

12. A valid passport

Based on the above list you provided re the year extension of stay for the Non Immigrant O Visa,

for # 3 and # 4 that you list, do I need to simply give them a plain photocopy of my foreign marriage certificate AND my Kor Ror 22 ?? OR do I need to go through the process again of getting my foreign marriage certificate authenticated at my embassy, translated and then registered at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs when applying for an extension (because when I registered my marriage at the district office to get Kor Ror 22 they took my only original copy) ??

My wife was given 60 days to change her name to "Mrs." Must my wife change all of her documents to "Mrs" BEFORE I apply for a year extension or will it not matter at all about her "Miss/Mrs" when I go to apply for an extension?

And for item #1: Should she register me as living in her house? I read somewhere that condo owners, etc. need to go to the local police station to register aliens as living in their units. Do home owners need to do the same?

And when do you recommend we try to do the extension? If you did it for us, would my wife have to go? She would rather pay a bit of extra money than have to take more time off work.

Edited by my benny rai

I am 44, married to a thai for the past 6 years. I have a retirement pension of about 60,000 baht a month. Can I have a combination of cash on deposit and a pension to make up my 400k? Any suggestions is appreciated!

ncguy

The new law rules state for a married O you must have a minimum of 400000Bht in an account in your name and it must be in there for 3 months prior to you applying (which is going to cause many problems).However there may be light at the end of the tunnel my solicitors have been told yesterday that on thursday a radio station (unknown)announced that the new rules are beeing srapped and they are going back to the 1997 rules.

The new law rules state for a married O you must have a minimum of 400000Bht in an account in your name and it must be in there for 3 months prior to you applying (which is going to cause many problems).However there may be light at the end of the tunnel my solicitors have been told yesterday that on thursday a radio station (unknown)announced that the new rules are beeing srapped and they are going back to the 1997 rules.

NO BRIAN, this is incorrect. The 'money in the bank' option has been REMOVED and is no longer available to new applicants.

The requirement is now a JOINT income of 40000 per month.

Additionally, you seem to be the only one who knows about the 'reversion' to 1997 rules, more information required, I wasn't here in 1997 so I've no idea what the rules wre then :o:)

Thank you for your reply, Sunbelt! You have taken a load off my mind! :o You had better believe I will recommend your services to any and all that I meet.

Thank you for your kind words.

Thank you again for all your help and the following list you provided that I could not find anywhere in Room 101:
You will need the following:

1. Copy of Household Registration of Thai Wife.

2. Copy of Identification Card of Thai Wife.

3. Copy of Marriage Certificate

4. Clarification of Marital Status before Marriage.

5. Statement of guarantee of pension income from your Embassy that you have an income of at least Baht 40,000 per month or letter of guarantee from a foreign employer, that you are a employee, salary, position, years worked or Proof of this Thai income with the last three months of Phor Ngor Dor.1 (Personal Income tax form filed on a monthly basis) and Phor Ngor Dor.91 ( Filed on a yearly basis in March)

6.Copy of birth certificates of children. (if any)

7.Photo of place of residence. (show house’s number)

8.Map and telephone’s number of place of residence.

9.If under the age of 50 and working, a letter of guarantee from your employer. A copy of work permit as well.

10. Pictures of your wives clothes and your clothes in the same closet, picture of you and your wife on a living room sofa and a picture of the outside of the house with the house # in the picture. (This is not required if you have a birth certificate of children together.)

11. Application form TM 7 with 2x2 inch square photo’s attached.

12. A valid passport

Based on the above list you provided re the year extension of stay for the Non Immigrant O Visa,

for # 3 and # 4 that you list, do I need to simply give them a plain photocopy of my foreign marriage certificate AND my Kor Ror 22 ?? OR do I need to go through the process again of getting my foreign marriage certificate authenticated at my embassy, translated and then registered at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs when applying for an extension (because when I registered my marriage at the district office to get Kor Ror 22 they took my only original copy) ??

Copies signed by you

My wife was given 60 days to change her name to "Mrs." Must my wife change all of her documents to "Mrs" BEFORE I apply for a year extension or will it not matter at all about her "Miss/Mrs" when I go to apply for an extension?

Does not matter

And for item #1: Should she register me as living in her house? I read somewhere that condo owners, etc. need to go to the local police station to register aliens as living in their units. Do home owners need to do the same?

No

And when do you recommend we try to do the extension? If you did it for us, would my wife have to go? She would rather pay a bit of extra money than have to take more time off work.

We have been know to help the process go faster and easier but you both will need to be at Immigration the first time on the extension. As your wife will need to be interviewed. Every year on the renewal, it will be the same; she will need to go to Immigration once.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi, been reading on a couple of threads about non-o and married o visas.

Have heard of the non-o, am here on a multi entry myself but havent heard of the married o.

Can anyone give me a quick explanation of the differences between the two?

ie rules for applying, length of stay rules that sort of thing.

Thanks for reading, Andy.

Have heard of the non-o, am here on a multi entry myself but havent heard of the married o.

"Married O" is extension of stay based on marriage. You or your wife need a income of 40,000 Baht per month. If you have a extension before Oct 1st, you can show 400K in the bank or combination. You do not need to travel with this permit.

A multi entry visa is a visa you get outside Thailand at a Embassy/Consulate. You can come and go as many times as you like to Thailand but must travel once every 90 days. If you are married, most Embassies want to see a copy of the wife ID card, Household registration and the marriage certificate. You do not in most cases have to show financial support.

If you are not married, the Embassy may of given this multi entry visa, to you for retirement or research business in Thailand.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Dear Sunbelt,

Thanks for all the useful information provided to those of us with Marriage Visas.

I shall certainly be using your services in December when I need to renew.

I picked up on your response to an earlier post concerning Kor Ror 22 which was retained by the local registry office when we registered the marriage. On one occasion 2 or 3 years ago the immigration official asked for a copy of this document which I was unable to produce but fortunately she did not insist on producing a copy.

In order to plan in advance and ensure a smooth process, especially with all this tightening up, how can I obtain a copy of Kor Ror 22? Do I contact the local registry office or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

Thanks in advance of your response.

Dear Sunbelt,

Thanks for all the useful information provided to those of us with Marriage Visas.

I picked up on your response to an earlier post concerning Kor Ror 22 which was retained by the local registry office when we registered the marriage. On one occasion 2 or 3 years ago the immigration official asked for a copy of this document which I was unable to produce but fortunately she did not insist on producing a copy.

In order to plan in advance and ensure a smooth process, especially with all this tightening up, how can I obtain a copy of Kor Ror 22? Do I contact the local registry office or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

Here are the steps to obtain the Kor Ror 22

The Embassy of your Nationality certifies the copy of the marriage certificate.

The marriage certificate is translated

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs stamps the copy of the marriage certificate and the copy of Thai translation of the marriage certificate.

The District Office (Local Registry) where the Thai wife or Thai husband has their name registered in the household registration issues a Kor Ror 22.

Looking forward to seeing you in December.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Dear Sunbelt,

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs stamps the copy of the marriage certificate and the copy of Thai translation of the marriage certificate.

The District Office (Local Registry) where the Thai wife or Thai husband has their name registered in the household registration issues a Kor Ror 22.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Many thanks for your response.

Sorry to ask for more clarification as I may have got confused concerning what Kor Ror 22 is. Our marriage was registered at the local registry office in Prakanong after submitting documents with The Ministry of Foreign Affairs authorization. As far as I am aware or recall our residence where we live in Bangkok was recorded although my wife's house registration is upcountry. Is Prakanong local registry office where Kor Ror 22 would have been issued, would they have provided that to us and finally can I easily obtain a copy of it from them?

Also do we need to inform Prakanong Registry Office of any change of address in the future?

Dear Sunbelt,

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Many thanks for your response.

Sorry to ask for more clarification as I may have got confused concerning what Kor Ror 22 is. Our marriage was registered at the local registry office in Prakanong after submitting documents with The Ministry of Foreign Affairs authorization. As far as I am aware or recall our residence where we live in Bangkok was recorded although my wife's house registration is upcountry. Is Prakanong local registry office where Kor Ror 22 would have been issued, would they have provided that to us and finally can I easily obtain a copy of it from them?

Also do we need to inform Prakanong Registry Office of any change of address in the future?

It is not where the marriage was registered. it is where your wife has her household registration. She should change her household registration if she has moved.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

"Married O" is extension of stay based on marriage. You or your wife need a income of 40,000 Baht per month. If you have a extension before Oct 1st, you can show 400K in the bank or combination. You do not need to travel with this permit.

A multi entry visa is a visa you get outside Thailand at a Embassy/Consulate. You can come and go as many times as you like to Thailand but must travel once every 90 days. If you are married, most Embassies want to see a copy of the wife ID card, Household registration and the marriage certificate. You do not in most cases have to show financial support.

If you are not married, the Embassy may of given this multi entry visa, to you for retirement or research business in Thailand.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi, I had a marriage extension up to August this year then went for a 5 week trip back to the uk.Got myself a 90 day non O and sent over plenty of cash to qualify for further extensions. Arrived back in Thailand to find a situation worthy of a Brian Rix farce.

I am in Bangkok for a few months and have been to the British Embassy to make a statement re my income, but they require proof.I think that in my home in Sisaket I have the P60s for my Pensions,which I happened to bring out with me.Would my local immigration office accept these as proof of income,or do I have to return to the Embassy in Bangkok to get a letter.

Also as I had an extension before,not valid in sept/oct, does this mean the 400,000 still applies to me...

I suppose I am lucky that I have the required funds and income, just trying to avoid all the waisted time running around. Although of course this sum of 40,000 pm will certainly escalate in the not too distant future..... :o

Regarding the extension of my Non Immigrant O Visa taht I got after the new rules came out in October, I went to room 101 and showed them my wife's tax douments (last three months of Phor Ngor Dor.1 and Phor Ngor Dor.91) and the officers said that I may have a problem getting the year extension in early January as the tax documents exist now. I tried to ask them why but my Thai and their English were not good enough to communicate clearly.

I think they said that my wife has to have me listed as a spouse on her tax form. Must my wife have me written down as spouse on all her tax documents?

I know she must change her name, but must she go back and change the information on her Tax Form 91 to include my name and Mrs in front of her name?

They also commented about my wife not having the yellow reciept but she submitted her tax through the internet. How can my wife produce a reciept if she submitted through the internet?

Does my wife need to pay her tax for 2006 before we extend the visa in early January 2007 or do we use the tax form from 2005? If yes, then this will cause problems because the accountant at her workplace usually hands in all the documents right before March.

Sunbelt or whoever is able to help, is there anything else I need to know re tax documents?

Again, I thank anyone who can answer. :o

Edited by my benny rai

Hi Sunbelt, i obtained a non o visa based on marriage which will expire on 4th November. I am currently back in Aus and will return to thailand on 23rd October at which stage i planned on applying for the 1 year renewel. Will i be able to do so with the 400k baht in the bank or not?

thanks for your help.

I

think they said that my wife has to have me listed as a spouse on her tax form. Must my wife have me written down as spouse on all her tax documents?

Not required but her tax rate would be lower if she did this.

I know she must change her name, but must she go back and change the information on her Tax Form 91 to include my name and Mrs in front of her name?

no

They also commented about my wife not having the yellow reciept but she submitted her tax through the internet. How can my wife produce a reciept if she submitted through the internet?

You just print out the receipt from the Internet when you file it.

Does my wife need to pay her tax for 2006 before we extend the visa in early January 2007 or do we use the tax form from 2005? If yes, then this will cause problems because the accountant at her workplace usually hands in all the documents right before March.

No they use 2005 and the last three months of the PND 1

Hi Sunbelt, i obtained a non o visa based on marriage which will expire on 4th November. I am currently back in Aus and will return to thailand on 23rd October at which stage i planned on applying for the 1 year renewel. Will i be able to do so with the 400k baht in the bank or not?

You will be able to use the funds instead of income. It will be your choice.

I am in Bangkok for a few months and have been to the British Embassy to make a statement re my income, but they require proof.I think that in my home in Sisaket I have the P60s for my Pensions,which I happened to bring out with me.Would my local immigration office accept these as proof of income,or do I have to return to the Embassy in Bangkok to get a letter.

You will need to go to the Embassy.

Also as I had an extension before,not valid in sept/oct, does this mean the 400,000 still applies to me...

Sorry it would not.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

:o

hi guys

ive been thru the renewal process for my marriage visa and it was a breeze, the whole thing including my 90 day reporting was over in an hour and a half. What a shock.

however i did do my homework very thoroughly and followed SBA's advice closely, no deviations

I would suggest some additions to SBA's list of docs to be provided.

You get an income affidavit from your embassy (mine british). I have pensions and investment income. The prats in the BE refused to follow my instructions to have the amounts talled to show a yearly amount. they showed separate subtotals which cause a headache for my charming immigration lady (we dont want to do that do we).

So I suggest that you pencil in the subtotals at the bottom. convert to baht and then divide by 12 and show clearly a monthly total income - clear as mud.

Although its not asked for, i suggest for the sake of a 100 baht that you have a standard translation attached to your affidavit. My officer struggled as I explained it to her in faulty Lao.

It is after all the crucial document

I suggest that you also attach a map of your up country residence although this is not asked for.

I provided a full and comprenhensive set of documents fully indexed and listed in Thai - very well received.

The moral, make it easy for them to say YES.

Also, do dress properly (wife in business suit not bar girl jeans and skimpy tee shirt). After all if you wanted a bank loan what would you do to convince the bank manager of your bona fides

I saw some scruffy beach bums in there arguing about visas - sod their miserable luck. :D

so thats a relief, its stressed me out all week.

:o-->

QUOTE(Jonny B @ 2006-10-17 12:50:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for your help.

I believe Sunbelt reply assumes you are on an extension of stay so can continue using the 400k system. Which the word "renewel" would seem to indicate. But my reading is that you do not make it clear if you are on a one year extension of stay or just a multi entry visa with your next entry on the 23rd. If the latter do not believe you will be able to use the 400k method.