Putin's approval rating climbs to 88%

webfact

Putin's approval rating climbs to 88%

606x341_316132.jpg

MOSCOW: -- A new survey suggests the approval rating for Russian President Vladimir Putin has climbed to 88 percent, only one percent from his all-time high.

61 percent said the country is moving in the right direction, up from 55 percent in the previous two months, according to polling organisation the Levada Centre.

1, 600 Russians were asked for their opinion.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-30

Indeed, Putin is so popular among Republicans for his decisive and forceful leadership in poisoning and assassinating his political opponents and critics perhaps Jeb Bush might considering inviting Vlad to join him on the campaign trail.

"Members of the right-wing in this country go ga-ga over Putin. Pundits like Rush Limbaugh, Matt Drudge, Erick Erickson and Sean Hannity were praising the Russian President for his stance. Other Republicans like Pat Buchanan and Ralph Peters claimed that Putin was providing the type of leadership that the US apparently lacked at that moment. Basically, if you tuned into Fox News or talk radio during that time, you got a whole lot of Putin hero-worshiping."

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/03/republicans-feel-hero-worshiping-vladimir-putin.html

These statistics may give him a warm feeling, however the Fragile States Index (formerly the Failed States Index) suggests that Russia is less stable than Thailand!

In that context, it’s hard to believe Russians could be happier with Putin than Thai’s are with Prayut. This is bound to have some people scratching their heads for answers.

post-209291-0-12864900-1446175060_thumb.

Love him or hate him, those are ratings that any Western politician would give their left arm for.

Yeah, when Hitler marched into the Sudetenland I imagine his "approval rating" was pretty high, too. Seven years later, not so much...

Popular one moment, despised the next.

Knowing when to call it quits seems to be a skill missing from most failed leaders (and the consequences for their countries is usually grave)!

I don't buy this for a nanosecond. These polls were conducted either by Russia Today or by Kremlin sponsored polling bureaus. The Russian people simply cannot be this gullible.

Oh, I don't know. One of his drones will be by here shortly pulling out all the stops in a totally irrational defense of him. 'Always fun.

You have to admit he has put something into world politics which has livened it up. Likewise, as far has finding anyone who says he knows what the man will do next, I have not seen or heard of that ''Expert''

Its almost like watching professional wrestling, but unfortunately people are shedding real blood and dieing. He has always impressed me with his apparent can/will do attitude to problems, real or dreamed up. But I would rather have him as a friend than a foe. I bet he has some great stories he could tell about a lot of people, including himself.

He's going to have to earn his money now. A Russian commercial airliner just went down in Egypt. This is where real leaders step up and lead their citizens through painful times (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34687139).

Edit: The topic is also running here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867156-russian-airliner-crashes-in-central-sinai-egyptian-pm/

Edited by Scott