Bike for 2 persons, rent in Chiang Mai

CLW

Hello,

I hope this is the correct place for such a question.

I just returned from a five day trip (MHS Loop) with some friends.

But the next trip is planned with girlfriend so I'm looking for a comfortable bike for 2 riders to rent in Chiang Mai.

This time we had the Honda CB300F but no way for the second rider to spend the whole day on this tiny seat.

So is there any bike and shop for rent in Chiang Mai you could recommend?

If possible a smaller bike and for reasonable price.

I'm thinking of cruising bike such as Yamaha SR 400 or similar but I didn't see for rent.

I'm just afraid we might end up with a PCX as a compromise [emoji53]

Which is not really but but boring for me as driver.

Thanks for your help!

I have been looking to buy such a bike for 8 years now, so don't hold out much hope to rent one. Other countries do such bikes for two, places like India and even Laos do the Honda 250 Baja, which looks okayish for the passenger, though haven't seen one in the flesh.

I also agree about a PCX, boring.....

Perhaps one of the slightly larger 125 step through bikes, we did VN on a 100cc Wave (copy) two up plus luggage and MrsB didn't report discomfort. It ain't going to light many fires in the twisties, but the best I can think of. Perhaps a 125 Vanvan?

We plan on doing MHS in the winter, hopefully my old NV400 will make it, that's quite comfortable, the power and a lowish CofG.

I will be interested in following this thread for some answers.....

Edited by AllanB

I have been looking to buy such a bike for 8 years now, so don't hold out much hope to rent one. Other countries do such bikes for two, places like India and even Laos do the Honda 250 Baja, which looks okayish for the passenger, though haven't seen one in the flesh.

Perhaps one of the slightly larger 125 step through bikes, we did VN on a 100cc Wave (copy) two up plus luggage and MrsB didn't report discomfort. It ain't going to light many fires in the twisties, but the best I can think of. Perhaps a 125 Vanvan?

We plan on doing MHS in the winter, hopefully my old NV400 will make it, that's quite comfortable, the power and a lowish CofG.

True some years ago but now there are more medium sized bikes around than you can shake a stick at.

I am seriously thinking about a Honda CB500X for @ 200k Bht.

True some years ago but now there are more medium sized bikes around than you can shake a stick at.

I am seriously thinking about a Honda CB500X for @ 200k Bht.

I don't want to be the second rider on a CB 500 [emoji37]