Bank statement for the new multiple tourist visa

"You're still missing the point, you must have a mental block. Why are you assuming that the average balance in somebody's current account is all the money they would have available to spend on a six month stay in Thailand? You're making no sense whatsoever.

You don't seem to understand the financial markets either. Stocks may not be cash but let's say somebody has a large portfolio of stocks, each of which pays them a healthy dividend twice a year. They may live (very well) on that money, but they still may not keep an average balance of 400,000 baht in their current account. Not everybody lives a humdrum, 9-5 life in this world."

Most people of means would be able to demonstrate access to a miserly $7000 in cash !

It's not about demonstrating access to a "miserly" $7,000 in cash, it's about having to ensure that your current account balance never dips below that amount over the six months prior to applying for a multiple-entry tourist visa. What is it that you are finding so difficult to understand about this? Most people of means will not want to be told what to do with their money for a period of six months either.

Which embassy is it that is insisting your current account balance never dips below 7k? I have a feeling you are the one misunderstanding.

I was referring to an earlier post that stated US nationals had to demonstrate a cash balance over the last six months of that amount. Whatever the actual requirement, it's not difficult to comprehend that whatever I have in my bank account at this moment in time is not all I am going to have to live on in the next six months (for example). Some of us have incomes and don't routinely keep thousands of dollars/pounds/yen whatever in our bank accounts (current accounts, deposit accounts or whatever).

Edited by eaglesflight
  • Like 1

I dont have the funds required for this new type of visa and my extension expires in mid December.

Initially I was thinking to fly to a destination such as Malaysia, Singapore, Philliphines or even Sydney where I got my double entry.

Now I don't know what to do really in such a case...

I dont have the funds required for this new type of visa and my extension expires in mid December.

Initially I was thinking to fly to a destination such as Malaysia, Singapore, Philliphines or even Sydney where I got my double entry.

You will still be able to secure a single entry tourist visa from one of the nearby Embassy's/Consulates.

• Like 1

Thanks, but I dont want a single entry just for two or three months with the extension.

I'll see what I will have to do, perhaps go for an EDU which I didnt want in the 1st place.

Edited by mpa

Thanks, I dont want a single entry just for two months. I will see what I will have to do, perhaps go for an EDU which I didnt want in the 1st place.

A single entry TV if properly utilised provides a 90 day stay not "just two months" smile.png

Correct but then I have to get another single one etc.

Nope, I want a long term stay. Cheers

Thanks, I dont want a single entry just for two months. I will see what I will have to do, perhaps go for an EDU which I didnt want in the 1st place.

A single entry TV if properly utilised provides a 90 day stay not "just two months" smile.png

This is the obvious intention of these visa changes. They're adding additional hoops for people to jump through.

• Like 1

This is the obvious intention of these visa changes. They're adding additional hoops for people to jump through.

No "additional hoops" have been added to any of the legitimate means of remaining, legally, long term.

The reality is that Thailand has removed the need for constantly having to obtain TV's which should assist many in their decision making.

You're a tourist?

Go tour another country.

:)

coffee1.gif

Ankara is accepting non-nationals

Jacob Cassidy Can any national apply at any Embassy for the new METV after 13 November? Meaning can someone from the US apply in Ankara, Turkey? Or do you have to apply at an Embassy in your home country?
11043069_446895725459899_845669379109202
Royal Thai Embassy, Ankara You can apply in Ankara.

https://www.facebook.com/rteankara/posts/540784312737706?comment_id=540791786070292&reply_comment_id=541341726015298&total_comments=2&comment_tracking=%7B"tn"%3A"R2"%7D

I wouldn't count on it based on that. Three questions answered with an ambiguous answer.

The 3 different questions are a clarification of the same one.

No one would count on that, and rush to the consulate from a comment on a FB page, it-s 2015.

At least I am trying to get information, as opposed to lecture people on who should stay and who should leave the country.

So why did you post it and say "Ankara IS accepting non-nationals"?

Getting information is one thing but passing it as fact is another.

Welcome back BTW. How was the holiday?

People are clearly shown a FB page and the link is provided.

Critic is easy, when was the last time you actually brought something new to this forum?

Are you referring to a moderation action? Because I dont think that's allowed to be commented on forum.

So if you are trying to make me comment it, that can be qualified as an attempt to troll.

Thanks, I dont want a single entry just for two months...

You could make an early run to Laos mid-next week, and get a double. Yes, you blow 1 mo of your existing visa (if you have extended already), but you get 6 mo starting then, so 5 mo net vs 3 mo net with a new single in Dec.

If anything, this buys time to find out what things boil down to at various consulates, after high-season ends. We will know the starting-point upon initial implementation mid-November, but I would not be surprised to see "adjustments in policies" thereafter - similar to what has happened with the ED visa since the 'crackdown'.

• Like 2

"You're still missing the point, you must have a mental block. Why are you assuming that the average balance in somebody's current account is all the money they would have available to spend on a six month stay in Thailand? You're making no sense whatsoever.

You don't seem to understand the financial markets either. Stocks may not be cash but let's say somebody has a large portfolio of stocks, each of which pays them a healthy dividend twice a year. They may live (very well) on that money, but they still may not keep an average balance of 400,000 baht in their current account. Not everybody lives a humdrum, 9-5 life in this world."

Most people of means would be able to demonstrate access to a miserly $7000 in cash !

It's not about demonstrating access to a "miserly" $7,000 in cash, it's about having to ensure that your current account balance never dips below that amount over the six months prior to applying for a multiple-entry tourist visa. What is it that you are finding so difficult to understand about this? Most people of means will not want to be told what to do with their money for a period of six months either.

Which embassy is it that is insisting your current account balance never dips below 7k? I have a feeling you are the one misunderstanding.

I was referring to an earlier post that stated US nationals had to demonstrate a cash balance over the last six months of that amount. Whatever the actual requirement, it's not difficult to comprehend that whatever I have in my bank account at this moment in time is not all I am going to have to live on in the next six months (for example). Some of us have incomes and don't routinely keep thousands of dollars/pounds/yen whatever in our bank accounts (current accounts, deposit accounts or whatever).

Sorry I misunderstood you, I thought you said it's about your current account balance.

Based on the limited information on the DC website it suggests they just want proof that you have 7k and have had it for at least 6 months. So that shouldn't be a problem for most people. And those, even those of means that don't want to be told what to do, that want the visa can plan accordingly. No big deal or need for endless debate about how little one keeps in their bank account.

• Like 1

You're a tourist?

I wish!

You're a tourist?

I wish!

ED visa if you are not in bkk, is your best option.

• Like 1

You're a tourist?

I wish!

ED visa if you are not in bkk, is your best option.

BBK located

only a fool keeps $7000 sitting in a bank account for 12 months earning almost zero interest

only a fool keeps $7000 sitting in a bank account for 12 months earning almost zero interest

And some seem to have a problem with reading/comprehension

Form the Singapore Thai Embassy

"Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: $8,000 per person (6 months of financial statements)"

No mention of bank accounts !

http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/visa-requirements/tourist-visa

Some people who are comfortably off (receiving, say, 300,000 baht per month in income from investments) do not routinely keep large sums as cash in bank. This is especially true when they have just shelled out 250,000 baht for return air tickets for a family of 4. Of course, investments could be lquidated to meet the criteria, but that is a hassle.

Absolutely spot on.

• Like 1

I think you are both missing the point, from previous postings, one of the criteria is that you have an average balance of 200,000, probably 400,000 Baht for a couple, in your bank account for 6 months before you apply for a visa.

I'm reasonably wealthy ( you can see my house on the house thread!!! ) I would never have a running balance of much more that $5,000 in my bank account.

The people this visa is designed for, won't be able to afford it.

Does being "reasonably wealthy" mean you spend less than 2000/baht a day on accommodation, food, transportation etc. when taking a holiday away from home ?

No. I sometimes spend more, sometimes less. Depends on where I am what I'm doing. My average is certainly above THB2k. But like the gentleman above, my running bank balance ain't that high. The cash goes in on a regular basis whilst I'm in LOS.