EPL TV Rights thailand 2016-19 Bein Sports

jjp

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

In the past Truevisions online guide used to have a search function. Appears no longer to have on. How you supposed to search their programmes?

Look on their EPG guide on the TV, for your info you are on BEin 1 and i expect a Thank You :D

I saw the Keys and Gray Show last night with Keys doing most of the talking and Gray giggling at every opportunity. It's the first time I'd seen them in decades. Blimey. do they look ragged around the edges? Keys looks like he's had a bad nose job. It was  like a 'good ole boys' get together with Paddy Crerand (doing his best to keep the profanities down) and Peter Reid all getting a word in somewhere, while Micky Walsh was dragged into the limelight.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:14 PM, paul1970 said:

I'm quite enjoying the 00B1513C that keeps appearing at random intervals on the screen, who needs football when you have that, <deleted> what a joke. Palace V WBA is destined to be a classic, obviously why they have it on two channels... 

Complained today about the random letters and numbers onscreen. The person I spoke to was clueless. The wife is going to follow it up with a complaint. Going to ask for feedback !

CTH used to have similar random onscreen codes.

Complain, complain is the order of the day.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:14 PM, bangkok blue said:

Contacted True today. Awaiting a call back from their marketing department about the English show.

Complained today and going to follow up with an Email plus ask for feedback.

They are at least showing the EPL's "Match Pack" currently on bein 3.

If Thaivisa members complain, complain maybe something will happen.

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

I saw the Keys and Gray Show last night with Keys doing most of the talking and Gray giggling at every opportunity. It's the first time I'd seen them in decades. Blimey. do they look ragged around the edges? Keys looks like he's had a bad nose job. It was  like a 'good ole boys' get together with Paddy Crerand (doing his best to keep the profanities down) and Peter Reid all getting a word in somewhere, while Micky Walsh was dragged into the limelight.

Was that on Truevisions ?

If so I didn't see it listed on the program guide.

2 hours ago, ferguston said:

Complained today about the random letters and numbers onscreen. The person I spoke to was clueless. The wife is going to follow it up with a complaint. Going to ask for feedback !

Anti Piracy check on your box/receiver?  Certain content providers are nervous about piracy (especially where sports are concerned), in particular people capturing content off-air and relaying it over the internet or showing the content in a public place like a bar or cafe without permission.

To counter this they require that the STB (digital set top box) is able to display a little graphic overlay with a unique number. That unique number can be used to trace back who owns the account/box."

Similar to the "pint of guinness" Sky used in UK. Astro used the random numbers/letters as well

6 hours ago, ferguston said:

''The wife is going to follow it up with a complaint''

Dear o' dear.

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'd love to know the percentage of Truevisions thai subscribers vs non-thai subscribers. That might explain why Truevisions show their own thai pundit programmes and not the non-thai pundit programmes. Do you think?

No, that has nothing to do with it. True would have to pay Bein more dough for the English presenters and the midweek programmes etc, and don't want to. All they have done is provide the bare minimum, I'm just grateful that we have English commentary, mine would have gone back if not.

^"No, that has nothing to do with it.", so why isn't Truevisions showing the programmes referred to on this thread then if it is not because we're in Thailand with a mainly thai-speaking subscribers/audience? Money? If it's money then I can't see complaining changing Truevisions programming. Think people need to accept we're in a non-english speaking country and we've got all the games on for peanuts - I'm very happy with what we've got!

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Well I for one am not happy. Old git, d I'd you see keys and gray on truevisions? I'm gonna sack true off I like HD is just continuous buffering. Just signed up for 3 mth 365 package. So far so good. I doubt true would have to pay more for English pundits when they had them for champions league, so why not provide them for EPL. Final straw for me was saints many ok not replayed until 1pm the next day. 365 on demand service seems reliable will test it out over the next week and then bin true if it's good enough. 

12 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

Well I for one am not happy. Old git, d I'd you see keys and gray on truevisions? I'm gonna sack true off I like HD is just continuous buffering. Just signed up for 3 mth 365 package. So far so good. I doubt true would have to pay more for English pundits when they had them for champions league, so why not provide them for EPL. Final straw for me was saints many ok not replayed until 1pm the next day. 365 on demand service seems reliable will test it out over the next week and then bin true if it's good enough. 

Probably a different deal with the UCL, and not as much content. In my humble if they want English presenters together with alll the midweek stuff and previews shows I reckon they would have to pay more for it, otherwise surely they would just show it, or do you think they are not showing it purely out of spite?

Anybody remember the great programmes we use to get on Truevisions 3 years back. There was john dykes hosting shebby singh, paul the brummie, an unheard of aussie, and a bunch of ex-pros. That there was that stupid programmie with the live studio audience trying very hard but badly to be funny. Everything came out of Singapore. This time looks like they've decided to have thai programmes.

20 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Anybody remember the great programmes we use to get on Truevisions 3 years back. There was john dykes hosting shebby singh, paul the brummie, an unheard of aussie, and a bunch of ex-pros. That there was that stupid programmie with the live studio audience trying very hard but badly to be funny. Everything came out of Singapore. This time looks like they've decided to have thai programmes.

I think that waa actually more than 6 years ago on ESPN. When True go the coverage 6 years ago then True sport HD1 had the 24 hour premier league channel same as Stadium 6 on CTH that followed. I doubt any of us know the exact contract terms but I would be surprised that if you had the contract for all the premier league games you would not be offered the 24 hour channel for free as part of the package. However as BEIN has its own presenters etc they obviously do not want the 24 hour EPL channel and thus seems the that Thailand can not get it as we sub contract to BEIN.  Personally do not care which pundits they are but do like to see the manager interviews pre and post game and have some analysis of the "talking points" at half time and after  the match. But as someone else pointed out we are not in an English speaking country. So for me it is using my Slingbox at friends house in the UK to get the pundits from Sky / BT sports and the turn to True for the actual match.

I'm just grateful to have live Premier League footie back on my TV. When I called True to upgrade my package they asked me which team I supported. When I said Arsenal, they said good, as all their games will be shown. Clubs like Hull, Burnley etc are likely to be less fortunate as their deal with Bein is not for every game.

22 hours ago, bangkok blue said:

Yeah, it was an hour long show last Friday on Bein 1 I think, about 7.00 p.m Thai time.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:02 AM, bangkok blue said:

No not out of spite.... just think clueless 

Nah. they know exactly what they can get I

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:10 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

e

Complaint up date.

Received a phone call from Truevisions about the on-screen codes during matches. As "wilai" pointed out it's a security/anti-piracy check. Still annoying on my new big TV, bought to watch Hull City do a Leicester !

The lack of English speaking pundits and post match interviews was more of a concern.

The "excuse" given was that the only "package" offered to Truevisions by Bein  was EPL matches with no extras. I find that a little unusual so will still complain more.

As an aside do members know that Truevisions have a "birthday offer" ? Register the account holders birthday date and you will get some channels free for 3 months. Every little helps ! 

I simply don't believe them. The satellite up-link is already in place for broadcasting foreign pundits for UCL matches. This was used last season. Keys and Gray show was shown Friday night, so again obvious hogwash just to try and fob us off. All it needs is someone to flick a switch to receive the feed. Incidently, Bein Sports in Indonesia provides PLTV, so it can be done, if they had the brains to ask for it.

Just emailed [email protected] (That is the contact for Thailand). 

Dear Sir/Madam,

I believe Truevisions have recently acquired a sub-license agreement for Live EPL coverage via Bein sports for 2016-2019. I have been informed by Truevisions, the satellite carrier for Bein in Thailand that you have only offered them match content only, as part of this deal and foreign presenters, as well as pre-match and post-match interviews has not been provided, as Truevisions informed me via their call centre that they have not paid for this level of service, as part of the rights package from you. Can you confirm this is the case, please? If not, can you advise how this matter can be rectified for the expat fans in Thailand to be able to enjoy the full coverage that you have to offer?

Your advice regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Let's find out if Truevisions are telling porkies! If a few others email them we may get a reply.

Aren't Truevisions showing basically the same level of content as CTH provided, that is match content only, but foreign presenters, as well as pre-match and post-match interviews was not provided by CTH?

For Champions League games, CTH provided BeINs games hosted by Keys and Grey, and based on City's Champions League game last night, Truevisions provide the same (wasn't hosted by Keys and Grey but some other dude and 2 studio guests - but no english soundtrack during the game).

Based on what I've seen so far, Truevisions is providing similar/same to that CTH provided.

I therefore appreciate your doggedness and efforts to try to change truevisions offerings but I still believe Truevisions / CTH buy a package for the majority of subscriber's interests (ie. for thais) and not for us, the minority, so they have little interest in providing pundits chatting in english.

Anyway I hope you get change out of truevisions. Cheers for your efforts.

3 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

CTH eventually provided PLTV after around 3 months, which True also provided in the previous rights deal before that. So, my point is that they know full well it is available and I would like a decent reason why it isn't being given. Let's wait and see....

Because they are buying off Bein and not PLTV?

Bein rejected the idea of PLTV and set up their own programming instead, anchored by Keys and Gray rather than that dreary fart the PLTV got from ESPN/Star Sports.

Edited by Chicog