EPL TV Rights thailand 2016-19 Bein Sports

jjp

On 7/28/2016 at 9:56 PM, bangkok blue said:

I believe the True plug in and play digital box will give you access to all football leagues and cups they show for 399bhat! Does sound and amzing deal, but it is for footy only and no other sports I believe. I imagine most of the other channels available are only Thai.

An Independent offered to supply and fit Digital Box and Satellite for 4,500 Baht and 399 Baht per month or 199 baht per month with True sim card, no contract needed, even had the box up and running but not showing any football although it is probably a bit early for that.

Truevisions Head Office said something similar but that you can rent the equipment.

Truevisions shop said you can only add on the football to a package, didn't know anything about Buying a Digital Box and paying 399 baht per month.

Think True need to come out and make a statement explaining exactly what's what !

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It smacks of the amateurism of CTH all over again, with them having no idea of what they could offer, at what price, for an age after they won the EPL rights.

What is it with Thai TV companies that they can't provide accurate answers when they have potential customers queuing up to buy?

I can't help but wonder how many will just say "s*d it" and use dodgy streams, or an Android box instead?

Edited by Yaaklenmai

Has anyone actually got one of these new "football only" boxes ? Our local shop are STILL waiting to get them in stock, and keep trying to talk us into getting the Gold or Platinum packages instead. I'm seriously thinking about not bothering with football on TV, if it's going to be twice the price of what I paid CTH. It isn't the cost, it's the principle. Why pay double for a service that isn't as good ?

1 minute ago, MrMuddle said:

Has anyone actually got one of these new "football only" boxes ? Our local shop are STILL waiting to get them in stock, and keep trying to talk us into getting the Gold or Platinum packages instead. I'm seriously thinking about not bothering with football on TV, if it's going to be twice the price of what I paid CTH. It isn't the cost, it's the principle. Why pay double for a service that isn't as good ?

Well the Football only boxes aren't going to be double the cost of CTH !

If they ever get them in stock ! 

I was referring to paying for the Gold or Platinum packages as being double what CTH charged, when one adds in the receiver rental, and the extra payment for the football, if one has the Gold package.

Edited by MrMuddle
Additional comment for clarification

57 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

dual priceing thats the thai way.

Had True Fiber 30/3 installed recently, came with basic Truevisions cable included, all for 799 a month.

Went to a True office today and for 299 baht, added on the BEIN channels for the EPL and also it seems La Liga.

Starts on August 13 so will have to wait and see how it all goes but the basic Truevisions channels work fine.

The first staff member at a large and busy True office didn't know anything about it, but her supervisor had the details printed up in a folder.

Previously I was paying 962 baht a month for 13/1 internet.

Now, for 1098 baht I will get 30/3 internet (wi-fi router included), around 90 Truevisions channels (some worthwhile ones like Australia+) and four sports channels which should allow me to watch some EPL games live.

Seems like a great deal for someone like me who really only watches news and sport.

4 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

I'm seriously thinking about not bothering with football on TV, if it's going to be twice the price of what I paid CTH. It isn't the cost, it's the principle. Why pay double for a service that isn't as good ?

CTH went bust ... so obviously were not charging enough. For the Platinum package it works out at just over 70 baht a day.

For all them there channels.  I cant think of anything more value for money. I want them to recoup the fortune they would have paid  BEIN so they keep providing access to EPL.

A bargain in my humble opinion.  

If only the EPL football is considered its 50 baht (a weeks payments div 10) per live match plus they repeat them so they can be watched at a convenient time. 

One further question for any "techies" on here.

I'm one of the "saddos" who has a CTH "ready box" and satellite dish (only installed last November, with a 12 month subscription to all channels) - is there any way that these can be "re-tuned/jailbroken" to receive the True signals (maybe by obtaining a working subscriber number)?

On 8/5/2016 at 8:44 PM, Yaaklenmai said:

I'm one of the "saddos" who has a CTH "ready box" and satellite dish (only installed last November, with a 12 month subscription to all channels) - is there any way that these can be "re-tuned/jailbroken" to receive the True signals (maybe by obtaining a working subscriber number)?

It is very unlikely. Your CTH dish points in totally the wrong direction for True. True purchased the Sky encryption system a couple of years ago and as yet I don't think it has been broken. I had True and CTH now just having True will save me money but True is more susceptible to rain wiping out the signal

On 8/5/2016 at 8:44 PM, Yaaklenmai said:

It is very unlikely. Your CTH dish points in totally the wrong direction for True. True purchased the Sky encryption system a couple of years ago and as yet I don't think it has been broken. I had True and CTH now just having True will save me money but True is more susceptible to rain wiping out the signal

The 4 Bein channels are up and running now showing French and Italian matches.

From what I could see: 

Bein1 (ch676 - was Bein) sat 13th 9pm Burnley vs Swansea
Bein2 (ch677 - was Sports Illustrated) sat 13th 9pm game scheduled but doesn't state who
Bein3 (ch678) sat 13th 9pm game scheduled but doesn't state who
Bein1 (ch679 - was MUTV?) sat 13th 9pm Palace vs WBA

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The 4 Bein channels are up and running now showing French and Italian matches.

From what I could see: 

Bein1 (ch676 - was Bein) sat 13th 9pm Burnley vs Swansea
Bein2 (ch677 - was Sports Illustrated) sat 13th 9pm game scheduled but doesn't state who
Bein3 (ch678) sat 13th 9pm game scheduled but doesn't state who
Bein1 (ch679 - was MUTV?) sat 13th 9pm Palace vs WBA

It would appear from the Truevisions Guide that only 4 of the Saturday 3pm UK time kick-off's are to be screened live. None of the remaining games have been scheduled to be shown on their own sports channels at any rate.

And no more live IMG matchday punditry (John Dykes, Andy Townsend at al) either by the look of things.:(

Guide on the box often shows the wrong programmes anyway. Online guide hasn't even uploaded the new bein channels. True sport 2 and 3 is included in the super soccer package. Rarely any Thai games played after 9pm. CTH and TRUE often just took over other entertainment channels just to show the full fixture list. No Dykes and Townsend, although I did hear that Bein do use them for mid week review/preview shows. Keys and Grey will do the live matches I imagine.

3 hours ago, bangkok blue said:

Guide on the box often shows the wrong programmes anyway. Online guide hasn't even uploaded the new bein channels. True sport 2 and 3 is included in the super soccer package. Rarely any Thai games played after 9pm. CTH and TRUE often just took over other entertainment channels just to show the full fixture list. No Dykes and Townsend, although I did hear that Bein do use them for mid week review/preview shows. Keys and Grey will do the live matches I imagine.

There's a Thai premier league game scheduled to kick off at 8pm every Saturday and every Sunday which means those games won't finish until at least 10pm............longer if 'Thai time and huddles' are taken into account :whistling:.

The PLT close season does run from November through to February though.

With at least two matches moved to early/late ko both Sat and Sun, that leave a maximum of 6 3pm Kos to be shown live. I reckon it'll all be fine and all games will be live. Makes no sense for true to pay so much and show less games than what they did show when they had the rights before.

44 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

With at least two matches moved to early/late ko both Sat and Sun, that leave a maximum of 6 3pm Kos to be shown live. I reckon it'll all be fine and all games will be live. Makes no sense for true to pay so much and show less games than what they did show when they had the rights before.

How much did they pay?

I just received an e Mail from IViewHD.

"Dear Member's 

IVIEWHD will be adding more channels like nbc very shortly 

and even more EPL Channels Live 

Dont forget we offer 3 day test account for your android box just simply download APK from our web site and order 3 day code online for testing 

Only 600 baht per month nobody else can offer you this great stream service buffer free"

i see in the thairath news paper that PPTV are showing EPL games live,during august and september,liverpool,manu,leicester ect.

they used to show many games when CTH. had the rights,now it looks like they have an agreement with BEIN.

PPTV CHANELL 36.

On 04/08/2016 at 3:02 PM, MrMuddle said:

Yes, bought off the shelf from Tesco Lotus for approx. 1500฿.

I have an exisiting dish on the house that was left by a previous occupant so it was then just a case of hooking it up to the cable from the dish, connecting to the TV and all was (mostly) good to go.

A local independant satellite TV shop should be able to do it all for you, too.

Also, it's not a football "only" box as such, rather you can then subscribe the the basic football package or indeed any other package.  It's also possible to pay monthly in advance this way. I think you can do it in advance but I did it online.  There is an android app (or IOs) but it seems to be Thai only but I figured it out.

I've got a month's free Platinum by using the "points" I've built up from True Internet. 

:D

Edited by JaiMaai
Added extra info.

1 hour ago, JaiMaai said:

Yes, bought off the shelf from Tesco Lotus for approx. 1500฿.

I have an exisiting dish on the house that was left by a previous occupant so it was then just a case of hooking it up to the cable from the dish, connecting to the TV and all was (mostly) good to go.

A local independant satellite TV shop should be able to do it all for you, too.

Also, it's not a football "only" box as such, rather you can then subscribe the the basic football package or indeed any other package.  It's also possible to pay monthly in advance this way. I think you can do it in advance but I did it online.  There is an android app (or IOs) but it seems to be Thai only but I figured it out.

I've got a month's free Platinum by using the "points" I've built up from True Internet. 

:D

How do you build up points from the internet

I registered a TrueID to view my bills online when I had a problem with my mail a couple of years ago.

It seems I've been earning points all the time without realising it. 

I don't know if you have to register to start earning points or not.  If you're a current Trus Internet subscriber you may be earning them too.

It might be worthwhile checking it out,

http://www.trueid.net

1 hour ago, JaiMaai said:

I registered a TrueID to view my bills online when I had a problem with my mail a couple of years ago.

It seems I've been earning points all the time without realising it. 

I don't know if you have to register to start earning points or not.  If you're a current Trus Internet subscriber you may be earning them too.

It might be worthwhile checking it out,

http://www.trueid.net

Thanks. I have had a look and I have also been building up points. Not many though lol

On Monday, August 08, 2016 at 10:43 PM, bangkok blue said:

No idea how much they paid, but here are the live fixtures for this weekend. Every game is live. Seems like Bein sports 5 will take over TruesportHD2.

Live fixtures.jpg

Translation by my 11yr old.

Reading the table In top to bottom order

Bein1 = Burnley vs Swansea

Bein 2 =

Hull vs Leicester

Everton vs Spurs

City vs Swansea (really Sunderland)

Bournemouth vs ManU

Arsenal vs Liverpool

Chelsea vs Whu

Bein 3 = Soton vs Watford

Bein 4 = Palace vs Wba

Beiin 5 = Middlesbrough vs Stoke

After using 365 Sport on a long weekend trial I have been offered 3 months for the price of one deal.

Looking at the channels they provide I cannot see where they could show every 3pm EPL game.

if anyone used 365 Sport last season, did they show all the 3pm games?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Eclipse said:

After using 365 Sport on a long weekend trial I have been offered 3 months for the price of one deal.

Looking at the channels they provide I cannot see where they could show every 3pm EPL game.

if anyone used 365 Sport last season, did they show all the 3pm games?

Thanks.

I believe not, but still a good deal, even if you only watched Sky Sports.