Video of Thai man brutally assaulting wife sparks outrage

webfact

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the fundamental problem is that city people in thailand have been highly exposed to lead poisoning for decades. It definitiely leads to problems with brain development, self control and low IQ.

It would explain many things about this country, including the disfunctional government and legal system, all drawn from BKK peopen, as well as an underclass unable to control their actions

https://www.google.co.th/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=lead%20poisoning%20symptoms

Eddie61.. I was going to jump in and not favourably comment about your post but then got to thinking... the whole leather tannery industry as well as other industries is concentrated down there.. years ago I did some work down there and was revolted by the smell in the air and the heavy metal effluent that was directly discharged into the drains..... quite allot of red and yellow dyes used then and probably still now are lead and cadmium based ( even though the most of the world bans them)

So I change my thinking and give you this a high probability factor and in some ways does give I think a glimmer of insight .......

Don't ignore leaded petrol which was universal until about 10 years ago, and the fact that most commuters were exposed for 3-4 hours a day in buses. The damage is particularly heavy during the formative years of brain development. It would account for a generation of morons now aged about 20-40

I am certain that spending almost 2 decades here has reduced my IQ by several points. Seriously.

But I am not a wife beater. In fact, I was more of a fighter living in the west. I have mellowed. That could all be ageing process as well. But that leads me back to the IQ part... several points lost, I am sure.

If a foreigner had jumped in and even gently separated the guy from the woman, all of the many Thais who were watching would have attacked the foreigner and maybe even killed him. That's Thailand. Of course there were many people who saw... many cars drove by and no one stopped, the country is so over populated that there are always people all about. It's not about if the woman is married to a man either... because nobody cares to find out, they just watch and enjoy the spectacle.

Trying to apply a European concept of understanding to such things that are completely alien will always produce wrong thinking. Once you accept that it is just the way things are here you will be better off. It will not change. But I'd still love to knock the guy out.

The lovely Thailand and its lovely people are lost in sex, money and modernization. This fast growing society is giving up its precious culture, heritage and humanity to satisfy their earthly desires. But to what extend. People of Thailand be AWARE. They are trying to turn you. They are trying to change you. Look around then you will understand.

It is enough you turn on the TV. Luxury lives, houses, cars, beautiful women, cheating men and women. You are brain washed every day and you ignore it.

I love Thailand and its people. I hope one day I can do something to help them.

Viva Thailand, Thai people and their good hearts.

He knows no Thai will interfere....Thats the way it is......rolleyes.gif .....He is lucky that______________

Well, I had a situation about 10 years ago where a guy came into a shop, grabbed his wife by the hair and dragged her out of the shop (by her hair still!). I got up and was going to tell him to calm down (as he was beginning to kick her in the ribs) and I was told by male and female Thais to sit down and let them sort it out.

Not saying that is right, but that's how it was seen. Once the severe beating was over (not too long and nothing to the head, although a lot of hair was lost and the woman got in some blows with a wooden board, too) the people said "She didn't do her work on the rice today and was drinking instead, so she had it coming."

I wouldn't beat my wife or daughter ever....but I have seen stuff similar to this, although the shot to the head was really intense.

We all condemn it of course and I've seen it in Bangkok and now Pattaya. The assailant makes the first kick or blow and the rage boils up and then the full volley starts off as the red mist descends. This one should get the same treatment. I've been warned so many times by others not to intervene or say anything when I've seen girls punched, kicked and dragged by the hair off the beach. Truly shocking !

If in a more civilised part of the world,he would no doubt be banged up immediately,and temporally charged with attempted murder at the very least,and kept in custody to await her return to the real world.I doubt he would get bail,and one thing for sure he would get more than he bargained for inside,when they found out why he was there,justice would come to him at least 2 fold,obviously an out and out coward,so we await the final results,but as already said,police dont care no backhander for them,no interest.

GBH (in the UK). The throat stamping would lead to a consideration of attempted murder but the CPS (prosecutor) would not take it to court without more evidence.

Thailand - no charges, no restraining order on husband, no place of safety for the wife, reuang pua mia

Whoever took the video did nothing. That person should be charged as well.

Wrong , he did something, it's now gone public and the video could prevent this from happening again.

So the who person filmed this hopefully gave this guy a good beating. He's been caught on film, but in Thailand can the guy get away with, "My wife is my property. I have the right to do with her whatever I want." ?

You make this sound like this guy should be a muslem.

Absolutely sickening and this guy deserves the full weight of the law and any other punishment that may be visited upon him.

However... having said that, why is nobody outraged by the amount of domestic violence on Thai television. Atrocities like this appear nightly on the Lakorn dramas.

After watching these for years, Thai people just might believe this to be acceptable behaviour.

A very valid point about the amount of domestic violence on Thai soaps.

Male superiority is embedded in Thai culture. This was brought home to me by a fight between a half-brother ( 6yo ) and half-sister ( 11yo ) over the TV. The father of the half-sister took the side of the half-brother ( no relation ), gave the 11 yo a beating and sent her to bed without dinner. With that kind of mindset, no wonder Thai men are abusive.