Arty Markets

oxo1947

I don't know BKK that well, have a friend coming to stay for a weeks in Pattaya, she is into doing pottery, making her own Jewellery.......etc & doing the London Markets (Camden etc) other than chatuchak market, is there a market or an area in BKK that I should take her.....Gooogle hasn't been a lot of help, keeps sending me to flower arrangement type markets. She is headed to C.M. latter in the trip.

Thank--coffee1.gif

Loads. Depends on how much she's charging for her stuff. But I've seen some pretty pricey stuff at Chatuchak, so I guess anywhere works. Gateway has a weekend market on the 2nd and 4th weekend of every month. Train Markets are good too. Then there's Terminal 21, kinda like an indoor market. Also, there's a somewhat trendy outdoor night market outside the Major Ratchayothin mall. And Huay Kwang area has a pretty night market too.

JJ Green Night Market is far closer in style to Camden Market than is Chatuchak Market. Slightly bohemian and alternative with a flea market area that I suspect is less expensive to operate in than its big cousin tourist trap. It's not far from Chatuchak - google it.

Archived