EU leaders to urge African nations to take back economic migrants

webfact

EU leaders to urge African nations to take back economic migrants

606x341_316853.jpg

BRUSSELS: -- The European Union is to call on African leaders to play their part in trying to solve the migration crisis by taking back the economic migrants. Refugees from war will be able to apply for asylum within the bloc.

The issue will be raised during today’s migration summit in Malta attended by 50 leaders from Europe and Africa.

In return for cooperation from the African nations billions of euros in development assistance will be offered.

Europe will also provide funding to help solve conflicts and wars and alleviate poverty in Africa. Conflicts and poverty have been the root causes of almost 25 percent of 800,000 migrants this year. Moreover, the European Commission is also expected to announce a 1.8-billion euro emergency trust fund for Africa.

EU leaders want to keep their focus on Africa as many of the current refugees who have arrived in Italy are Eritreans, Sudanese and Nigerians.

Meanwhile countries on the front line of the surge in migrants as they make their way through the Balkans to northern Europe are taking what they see as necessary procedures. In Slovenia which is acting as a transit country to thousands of migrants, Prime Minister Miro Cerar has said he is setting up “temporary technical hurdles” along the border with Croatia to control migrant flows.

“We are not closing the border by doing this – the border will remain open but it will be monitored at control points. The hurdles will serve to direct the uncontrolled crossing of refugees and to prevent the dispersion of migrants, and direct them to the crossings where we will do everything to control the flow.”

In Calais frustration among migrants boiled over into anger for a third consecutive night. In the overflowing camp know locally as the Jungle there were more clashes with police.

Today’s summit in Malta will also focus on the security aspects of the migration crisis.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-11

Yep, that's really going to happen unless you grease a lot of palms. Why would impoverished African nations even care about losing a few tens of thousands of unfortunates, especially considering the reparations they might send home. It is a win-win for them.

A 1.8 billion Euro emergency trust fund (of money we don't have) to be shared between Eritrea, Nigeria and Sudan? What will that buy for the poorest, a pencil?

Edited by baboon

EU leaders got no Balls to stop and send them all back,,,,,Self inflicted problems What Reap the countries poor people of their right and Money what they are entitle to,,,They should be all sacked and replaced with people who look after their own country first.

Face up to the fact it's an invasion. These people pour out of their African homes where they had nothing, arrived in Europe with nothing then scream at their hosts, "feed me, cloth me, give me money, give me a home, no, not that home, a better home, where's my money, where's my halal food, give me some women." It's not going to get better anytime soon. Send them back. coffee1.gif

Face up to the fact it's an invasion. These people pour out of their African homes where they had nothing, arrived in Europe with nothing then scream at their hosts, "feed me, cloth me, give me money, give me a home, no, not that home, a better home, where's my money, where's my halal food, give me some women." It's not going to get better anytime soon. Send them back. coffee1.gif

And who can blame them, when the authorities bend over backwards to accommodate their every desire, pretending all the while that they are not doing so? Hell, I would even be tempted to do the same myself here if I didn't think for a moment all I would get from the Thai authorities was a kicking and a free taxi to the IDC...

Economic migrants send money home which finds its way into the national economy so many countries are happy to see their people go overseas and will be in no rush to assist. In fact some African nations want the world to take more.

Aide money has a habit of ' disappearing ' so with no trickle down of cash economic migrants will still exist and still go looking.

no way African nations will accept economic migrants back. people come to Europe not for jobs but to get welfare and parasite on the society. and after they got a taste of free money, they are spoiled even more. and there kids are 100% convinced that everybody - society, working people, governement - just owe them.

no sane country would need them back. African leaders are everything but stupid

Europe is sinking, and there is no single politician who has balls to stop it. Just accept it. And say hello to the new Eropean Califate.

Edited by TimmyT

Yep, that's really going to happen unless you grease a lot of palms. Why would impoverished African nations even care about losing a few tens of thousands of unfortunates, especially considering the reparations they might send home. It is a win-win for them.

A 1.8 billion Euro emergency trust fund (of money we don't have) to be shared between Eritrea, Nigeria and Sudan? What will that buy for the poorest, a pencil?

All too often that's simply what foreign aid does - grease palms. That and making naive taxpayers believe their countries have worthwhile, effective, goodwill-generating foreign policies. International bribery at the ministerial level; nothing more.