The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

Well you could exit los and park yourself in say singapore. (No entry stamp or visa required) . Then post it to a mate in your home country then he could onpost it to consulate with return envolope then the mate could post it to you. The other requirements might reqire creative thinking.

Or we could wait until they change this silly requirement. Your plane ticket from your country to los will need to be refundable. Most have cancellation fee. With deception there are always hurdles. Geezuz hope for those on setv that the playing field doesnt change. Overstay not my prefered option, but relatively cheap.

Unless you're a Citizen, PR or Employment pass holder, your passport will be stamped in (& out) of Singapore.

Hong Kong, you get a "Stamp" in a little piece of paper so no evidence in your passport.

Edited by JB300

Well you could exit los and park yourself in say singapore. (No entry stamp or visa required) . Then post it to a mate in your home country then he could onpost it to consulate with return envolope then the mate could post it to you. The other requirements might reqire creative thinking.

Or we could wait until they change this silly requirement. Your plane ticket from your country to los will need to be refundable. Most have cancellation fee. With deception there are always hurdles. Geezuz hope for those on setv that the playing field doesnt change. Overstay not my prefered option, but relatively cheap.

Unless you're a Citizen, PR or Employment pass holder, your passport will be stamped in (& out) of Singapore.

Hong Kong, you get a "Stamp" in a little piece of paper so no evidence in your passport.

Yes your correct. Just noticed stamp for Singapore and also attached paper for hk. Mind you my post was an attempt at sarcasm. Personally I would never post my pp home to obtain an metv

• Like 1

Me neither, I even went back to the UK to renew my passport (same day service in Liverpool) rather than apply via post & be without a passport for 4 weeks (was living in Singapore at the time).

Edited by JB300
  • Like 1

Me neither, I even went back to the UK to renew my passport (same day service in Liverpool) rather than apply via post & be without a passport for 4 weeks (was living in Singapore at the time).

Get mine from Liverpool using the same service last year. I was going to be in the UK for 2 months but just don't like being without a passport.

Not sure about rules in various countries such as Cambodia but if it anything like Thailand then not having your passport would be considered illegal. In theory you have to have your passport on you at all times but in practice you have to have access to it at all times. You used to me able to get your passport sent anywhere (consulate) of you provided the service but 3-4 years ago it changed to UK address only and now only London offers a postal service and that's a embassy. I personally wouldn't use this trick to get a METV nor suggest that anyone do so.

• Like 2

Get mine from Liverpool using the same service last year. I was going to be in the UK for 2 months but just don't like being without a passport.

Not sure about rules in various countries such as Cambodia but if it anything like Thailand then not having your passport would be considered illegal. In theory you have to have your passport on you at all times but in practice you have to have access to it at all times. You used to me able to get your passport sent anywhere (consulate) of you provided the service but 3-4 years ago it changed to UK address only and now only London offers a postal service and that's a embassy. I personally wouldn't use this trick to get a METV nor suggest that anyone do so.

I was without my passport for 3 weeks when I renewed it recently in Thailand (I used the mail-back option). I made good color copies of the important parts first, and had an older passport and other US-ID for backup.

In Cambodia, they have your fingerprints in their immigration/police system, so if they really doubted who I was, after seeing copies, and an older passport in-hand, they could be absolutely sure with a quick scan of my digits. But having lived there for nearly 2 years (cumulative), I would not be the least bit worried that this would ever come about.

Yes, mail-back is not an option for UK persons seeking Thai visas, anymore. Every consulate and nation's Thai-consulate system seems to make up its own rules. Fortunately, I have another 5 months to decide where my "next visa" will originate, so will see which way the wind is blowing by then.

• Like 1

Got a metv yesterday from Hull.. Easy, just did what it said on guide.

Somebody was getting refused and given a single while I was there, not enough funds in the bank. I can't say things were checked throughly, surely things are easily forged with a scanner, a pc and photoshop?

Many thanks for taking the time to post!

Could you say what you provided regarding UK employment letter/self employment proof/Tax returns (if anything) please?

I took a letter from HR depth, that said exactly what they wanted it to say. Continuous employment, aware I was travelling to Thailand for up to six months (even though covered for up to 8 months?).. Bank statements with over £5k in for 6 months, return tickets...etc all info downloaded from Hull Consulate site, London forms not acceptable!? You are correct, a self assessment is OK, as is a pension statement for retired folk.

Easy... If you do what they say.

Note to anybody planning on doing what our American friend says... You can only apply on person.

Thank you MROLL320 for taking the trouble to post your experience, and to answer questions.

In your OP, are you saying that you got your METV on the same day that you applied? For instance, when I have applied in person for the old triple entry visa at the RTE in London, I have had to return the next day to collect my passport and visa.

I remember some fortune teller posting the end of vietianne embassy as nobody will go anymore - well just return it's the usual crowed with hundreds of guys in the q- so at least this went well.

why would less people go?

now instead of once every 6 months they need go once every 3 months more money for laos

or head to Penang, Yangon or Phnom Pehn

• Like 1

I remember some fortune teller posting the end of vietianne embassy as nobody will go anymore - well just return it's the usual crowed with hundreds of guys in the q- so at least this went well.

I remember that well too. That particular fortune teller was never much good so it's not surprising she was wrong about Vientiane.

December has Father's day, King's bday and constitutional day and 2 were last week, plus it's high season in THL and Lao, no wonder it was packed.

I went last month there was hardly anyone.

Yes, I was in Savanakhet a few weeks ago, went to the Consulate on a Monday after a four day week-end and there was 70-100 people in the queue for Visas, the previous week, there were usually only about ten people there on a daily basis .

Mondays after a long week-end are always abnormally busy

I went to the embassy in Oslo yesterday and delivered my application for the METV, as posted earlier in this thread they don't demand much of us norwegians so I only needed two tickets in/out of Thailand.

No financial proof or proof of address in Thailand.

I asked the lady who received my application, have you gotten many of this application for METV yet? Yes quite many she said, mostly young backpackers type of people.

I don't think I will have any problems of getting my application approved, I will not pick up my passport before after i finish my tour of duty offshore wink.png If any problems I will report back here in this thread.

Picked up my passport yesterday, a lot of people there actually. Had to stand in line for about 20 minutes, obviously high season for visa applications.

Arrived Swampy this morning and got stamped in for 60 days ?

• Like 1

I went to the embassy in Oslo yesterday and delivered my application for the METV, as posted earlier in this thread they don't demand much of us norwegians so I only needed two tickets in/out of Thailand.

I asked the lady who received my application, have you gotten many of this application for METV yet? Yes quite many she said, mostly young backpackers type of people.

I don't think I will have any problems of getting my application approved, I will not pick up my passport before after i finish my tour of duty offshore wink.png If any problems I will report back here in this thread.

Picked up my passport yesterday, a lot of people there actually. Had to stand in line for about 20 minutes, obviously high season for visa applications.

Congratulations on getting the METV.

Out of interest, what is the date of the 'out of Thailand' ticket please?

Presumably, it is your return ticket to Norway and so is dated for the end of your time in Thailand.

Alternatively, does it relate to a flight out of Thailand to a neighbouring country at the end of your first 60 days (or 90 days if you are going to get a 30 day extension), because you do not yet know the exact date you want to fly back to Norway?

Thank you, and I hope that you have fun in Thailand.

• Like 2

Somebody was getting refused and given a single while I was there, not enough funds in the bank. I can't say things were checked throughly, surely things are easily forged with a scanner, a pc and photoshop?

Could you say what you provided regarding UK employment letter/self employment proof/Tax returns (if anything) please?

I took a letter from HR depth, that said exactly what they wanted it to say. Continuous employment, aware I was travelling to Thailand for up to six months (even though covered for up to 8 months?).. Bank statements with over £5k in for 6 months, return tickets...etc all info downloaded from Hull Consulate site, London forms not acceptable!? You are correct, a self assessment is OK, as is a pension statement for retired folk.

Note to anybody planning on doing what our American friend says... You can only apply on person.

Thanks for the info, I'll be applying in January in London. It's bugging me about the return flight proof, as i'm not sure what i'll be doing after 6 months yet. Did you book a flight back to the uk for 6 months time and take this to the embassy with you, or is there another way?

• Like 1

Presumably, it is your return ticket to Norway and so is dated for the end of your time in Thailand.

Alternatively, does it relate to a flight out of Thailand to a neighbouring country at the end of your first 60 days (or 90 days if you are going to get a 30 day extension), because you do not yet know the exact date you want to fly back to Norway?

Im a frequent traveller in a offshore rotation, stay about 3 weeks in each country. So its not a problem for me to produce 2 tickets in/out of Thailand.

Im a frequent traveller in a offshore rotation, stay about 3 weeks in each country. So its not a problem for me to produce 2 tickets in/out of Thailand.

It would still be of interest to know the date of your 'out of Thailand' ticket and where you will be flying to.

Thank you ?

Thank you MROLL320 for taking the trouble to post your experience, and to answer questions.

In your OP, are you saying that you got your METV on the same day that you applied? For instance, when I have applied in person for the old triple entry visa at the RTE in London, I have had to return the next day to collect my passport and visa.

Yes in and out the door in 25 mins, Visa in passport all done....

Sorry but never heard of visa granted on the spot (25 mins) ANYWHERE

I had visas from the Hull consulate of various types in the past and they were always issued on the spot. I doubt I was ever in there longer than 30 mins.

• Like 1

Sorry but never heard of visa granted on the spot (25 mins) ANYWHERE

Portland I am usually in and out in 15 minutes. I always have to decide how much I want to feed the meter before I go in.

Portland is in and out...on the spot...i just take the max over there...no need to feed any meters.
  • Like 1

I said earlier, i wouldn't post anymore till i get my Visa and/or proven facts.

I just received my Multiple Entry Tourist Visa from the friendly Consulate Basel. The entire procedure was solved by post. Since i don't work, nor receive any kind of welfare, obviously the Bank Statement was enough.

Feel free to ask for more information. But i guess, not many here plan to apply for that visa at the said consulate.

However, I'm relaxed now. Good news, for me biggrin.png

Edited by alocacoc