The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

Why that? I my country, bank is the place where most people put their money, so it seems rather logical to ask proof that we have enough money "in the bank". That can be on very various ways though: saving, deposit, insurance, stock, investment,... but still "money in the bank".

I agree. When the websites say "in the bank" I think that's generic. It's meant to be the money used to fund the stay so I'm sure that as long as the money is accessible it would be accepted.

So does this mean a credit card with a full credit balance (as per the METV minimum balance requirements) available for use would be sufficient to show with you're METV application? Or must you present a statement from a savings account?

Why that? I my country, bank is the place where most people put their money, so it seems rather logical to ask proof that we have enough money "in the bank". That can be on very various ways though: saving, deposit, insurance, stock, investment,... but still "money in the bank".

I agree. When the websites say "in the bank" I think that's generic. It's meant to be the money used to fund the stay so I'm sure that as long as the money is accessible it would be accepted.

So does this mean a credit card with a full credit balance (as per the METV minimum balance requirements) available for use would be sufficient to show with you're METV application? Or must you present a statement from a savings account?

There is no generic right answer for all embassies to your question. You should ask directly your homecountry embassy what they think..

A "Credit " on a CC is not the same as having readily available cash sitting in a Bank Account.

You would have to ask the Embassy/Consulate if a CC is sufficient to meet their requirements. Remember that "Credit" can be rapidly withdrawn if repayments are not made on time.

Edited by Singerman

this is posted on the wall at the Hanoi Embassy

interesting words, 'maybe' & 'as a general rule' but of course they will only give the METV to vietnamese residents

as a general rule, a completed and signed visa application form, photo, passport, travel tickets and fee are compulsary. However, other documents in adition to the documents above, such as letter of employment, residence permit, bank statement etc. maybe requested by consular officers according to the type of visa and the applicants nationality

http://s14.postimg.org/mtaf9wgtd/WP_20151224_001.jpg

WP_20151224_001.jpg

• Like 1

it does not say anywhere on this page that it is for Vietnamese only.

It is a repeat of the original Government statement about the METV.

If you check the Embassy/Consulate website you will discover that the METV is not available to other than residents/citizens of Vietnam.

• Like 1

it does not say anywhere on this page that it is for Vietnamese only.

It is a repeat of the original Government statement about the METV.

If you check the Embassy/Consulate website you will discover that the METV is not available to other than residents/citizens of Vietnam.

I was pointing out the inconsistency of information.

Not referring to the actual practice.of METV screening.

A few things about the METV that I just got in Los Angeles, one day turn over.

First, I dressed nicely and smiled. I have no idea if they could deny you for poor appearance but why chance it.

There is a Thai man who speaks good English who reviews your paperwork before you turn it in. Good idea because many people are lacking proper documents.

There are signs everywhere "No refunds". My METV cost $200 so you want to make sure you have everything in order.

I posted these earlier:

On the employment question. I am retired and just put in the box "retired". I was advised to do this by the Consulate staff. No problem.

The money requirement was no problem. I am in my 60's. If I have not been able to save $8,000 over my life, shame on me. I just printed a copy of my account statement from the internet.

I am not recommending any type of fraud. Not at all but they want you to show multiple entries over the next 6 months. Not easy to do because many people who travel do not know when they will be in and out. I want to take some side trips to Singapore, Cambodia, Laos, etc over the next 6 months. Then come back to LOS. But I have no idea of those dates.

It is possible to book airline tickets that are confirmed within a few minutes. Some airlines have a 24 hour cancellation with no fee. So you can book, print the confirmations, and cancel if you want.

Same same with the hotels. You can find ones that have a liberal cancellation policy. You can print out the confirmations then cancel at a later time if you want.

So this was it for me in LA. There were not many people in line. I waited about 10 minutes to hand in my paperwork at 930 am. I picked up the next day at 1030 and waited about 5 minutes.

• Like 2

First, I dressed nicely and smiled. I have no idea if they could deny you for poor appearance but why chance it.

There is a Thai man who speaks good English who reviews your paperwork before you turn it in. Good idea because many people are lacking proper documents.

There are signs everywhere "No refunds". My METV cost $200 so you want to make sure you have everything in order.

I posted these earlier:

On the employment question. I am retired and just put in the box "retired". I was advised to do this by the Consulate staff. No problem.

The money requirement was no problem. I am in my 60's. If I have not been able to save $8,000 over my life, shame on me. I just printed a copy of my account statement from the internet.

I am not recommending any type of fraud. Not at all but they want you to show multiple entries over the next 6 months. Not easy to do because many people who travel do not know when they will be in and out. I want to take some side trips to Singapore, Cambodia, Laos, etc over the next 6 months. Then come back to LOS. But I have no idea of those dates.

It is possible to book airline tickets that are confirmed within a few minutes. Some airlines have a 24 hour cancellation with no fee. So you can book, print the confirmations, and cancel if you want.

Same same with the hotels. You can find ones that have a liberal cancellation policy. You can print out the confirmations then cancel at a later time if you want.

So this was it for me in LA. There were not many people in line. I waited about 10 minutes to hand in my paperwork at 930 am. I picked up the next day at 1030 and waited about 5 minutes.

Thanks for the extra information.

It would also be helpful to know:

1 Presumably, your bank statement covered the last 6 months?

2 You say that you printed it from the Internet. Did you get it stamped by your bank to certify that the print out was genuine?

3 The METV lasts 6 months, although if you time the last entry correctly, you can stretch it to almost 9 months. What is the date of your return flight to the US and what is the "enter before" date on the METV please?

4 You say that they wanted you to show multi entries. Was that a verbal request by the counter clerk or a printed requirement?

5 How many of these entries/ hotel bookings were you required to show?

6 How many of these hotel bookings are you now going to cancel?

Many thanks ?

Edited by silver sea

I posted these earlier:

Thanks for the extra information.

It would also be helpful to know:

1 Presumably, your bank statement covered the last 6 months?

2 You say that you printed it from the Internet. Did you get it stamped by your bank to certify that the print out was genuine?

3 The METV lasts 6 months, although if you time the last entry correctly, you can stretch it to almost 9 months. What is the date of your return flight to the US and what is the "enter before" date on the METV please?

4 You say that they wanted you to show multi entries. Was that a verbal request by the counter clerk or a printed requirement?

5 How many of these entries/ hotel bookings were you required to show?

6 How many of these hotel bookings are you now going to cancel?

Many thanks ?

The LA website answers 3 of your questions. http://www.thaiconsulatela.org/service_visa_detail.aspx?link_id=32

1. 6 months is not required. Just a bank statement showing a min of $7k
  2. The print out doesn't need certifying but needs to show the persons name and account number.
  3. The enter before date will be 6 months from the issue date.

Please advise which airlines flying to places you mention from thailand refund airline ticket price upon cancellation

Haven't tried it yet, but I've heard people say Orbitz does 24 hour free cancellations, and their website says the same - https://faq.orbitz.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12628/~/airline-courtesy-cancellation

It's a flight search engine, it covers many airlines, so I'm a bit skeptical but who knows.

Has flights in and out of Thailand.

if you pay 200 bucks and are turned down, you lose all and good luck to you, better to get a 1 entry visa in Lao for 1000 bahts. worse case you lose 1000 bahts.

with 200 dollars, you can buy 6 entries visa, 18 months.

You wouldn't make a very good cost accountant.

Every trip to Laos includes travel costs and a Laos visa ($35).

Every 3-months on a tourist visa involves getting an extension at immigration (1900 Baht).

Better plan is to research from others and enquire at the consulate whether the documents you have will be acceptable. They have a document checker. They don't really want to take $200 off hapless applicants only to issue an SETV and I suspect they almost never do.

if you pay 200 bucks and are turned down, you lose all and good luck to you, better to get a 1 entry visa in Lao for 1000 bahts. worse case you lose 1000 bahts.

Every 3-months on a tourist visa involves getting an extension at immigration (1900 Baht).

Better plan is to research from others and enquire at the consulate whether the documents you have will be acceptable. They have a document checker. They don't really want to take $200 off hapless applicants only to issue an SETV and I suspect they almost never do.

you still have to leave Thailand every 2 or 3 months anyway even with a multi entry visa.

the only advantage to have a metv vs a setv is you just have to do a border run instead of a visa run.

you still have to leave Thailand every 2 or 3 months anyway even with a multi entry visa.

the only advantage to have a metv vs a setv is you just have to do a border run instead of a visa run.

That's true. The question is, how many back-to-back SETV we will get? If we can rotate Vientiane / Savannahket it's fine. In this case, i will take a flight instead of these mini buses.How ever, i got my METV. Till the end of this, many things might change....

Hello i am lithuanian passport holder living and working in UK its posible to get metv visa with all needed documents except proof of resident status ?

Not according to the published requirements, but if you are legally working it would be worth asking at the embassy or better at one of the consulates. I doubt anyone here could give you a definitive answer.

Hello i am lithuanian passport holder living and working in UK its posible to get metv visa with all needed documents except proof of resident status ?

You should contact the embassy about what they will accept for residency. I would think if you are legally working in the UK that would be enough.

It might also be better to contact one of the consulates. They may have more flexibility in their requirements.

You should contact the embassy about what they will accept for residency. I would think if you are legally working in the UK that would be enough.

It might also be better to contact one of the consulates. They may have more flexibility in their requirements.

Pokeris / UbonJoe

Happy New Year!

It's worth remembering that the UK Consulates require one to apply IN PERSON, whereas the Embassy allows personal or postal applications - just a thought.

I have a question.

I have a multyply tourist visa and have to leave the country for get the 2e entry.

My question is is it still possible to go to andaman in ranong or is it also posible to fly to KL and sit there for say 3 ouers and fly back to phuket.?

Before i alway was drive to ranong but I understand its changes the last years .

Thanks in advance

Bobby

I have a question.

I have a multyply tourist visa and have to leave the country for get the 2e entry.

My question is is it still possible to go to andaman in ranong or is it also posible to fly to KL and sit there for say 3 ouers and fly back to phuket.?

Before i alway was drive to ranong but I understand its changes the last years .

Thanks in advance

Bobby

You do not, I believe, have a "multiple entry" TV but one which only allows 1,2 or 3 entry's.

Ranong will honor your 2nd entry if your visa remains valid.

If you wish the trip to KL would also work with a valid visa.

• Like 2

I have 2 tourist visa's , the 1st one expire next month is also included a 30 day extansion from imigration.

So I understand andaman in ranong is still open and same day in and out to KL can without anny problem.

Are there more places to fly from phuket to a border city to just cross ? Like Hat Yay is that far from the border ?

Thanx for tips in advance

I have 2 tourist visa's , the 1st one expire next month is also included a 30 day extansion from imigration.

So I understand andaman in ranong is still open and same day in and out to KL can without anny problem.

Are there more places to fly from phuket to a border city to just cross ? Like Hat Yay is that far from the border ?

Thanx for tips in advance

Fly with tiger/asia air to singapore. Leave in the morning and return in the evening.