The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

35 minutes ago, Hjernestimulanz said:

i dont understand. on the the danish thaiembassy it says when you want to apply for the visa:

with its validity of six months from the date of issue.

what if i get the visa one month before i fly to thailand. does that mean that i loose days on the visa if i get it before hand? or do they make the visa so it fits with my airplane tickets?

• The visa will be valid for 6 months from the date it's issued and you can enter as often as you want until it's expiry date.
  • Every time you enter you'll be granted permission to stay for 60 days even if you enter on the very last day of the 6 months.
  • They don't take your entry date (flight) into account when issuing the visa.
  • If you want to maximize the time spent in Thailand you should apply for the visa as close to your first arrival date as you can.

• Like 1

This is on behalf of a German friend who normally obtains a Non Imm 90 day multiple entry visa in Munich. He has now been informed that the Munich Office can only issue a 90 day single entry visa and that if he requires the 90 day multiple entry it will have to be sent to Berlin which will take much longer, he was hoping to depart as soon as possible. (delay due to medical complications etc.). If he obtains the 90 day single entry visa in Munich is there any way of extending this while he is in Thailand, border run etc? His normal visit usually entails about 90 days in Thailand a break in Laos or some other country and then a further 90 days before returning to Munich around April. 

6 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

This is on behalf of a German friend who normally obtains a Non Imm 90 day multiple entry visa in Munich. He has now been informed that the Munich Office can only issue a 90 day single entry visa and that if he requires the 90 day multiple entry it will have to be sent to Berlin which will take much longer, he was hoping to depart as soon as possible. (delay due to medical complications etc.). If he obtains the 90 day single entry visa in Munich is there any way of extending this while he is in Thailand, border run etc? His normal visit usually entails about 90 days in Thailand a break in Laos or some other country and then a further 90 days before returning to Munich around April. 

There's no need for a METV.

The SETV will be valid for 3 months, but only gives 60 days on entry. After 60 days he can apply for a 30 day extension of stay from Immigration (1,900 baht).

After 90 days he'll need to exit and should have no problem getting a second SETV from a Thai embassy/consulate in a neighbouring country. He will again have 60 days on entry that can be extended by 30 days.

So sent all my stuff of Friday cost £155 in the post office 12.50 postal order fee,7.25 to send the application ,£10 to cover postage back and the £125 for actual visa......Will let you know how it comes back....all sent to London office

Hi,

I've been using the Multiple Entry Tourist Visa for many years now & did hear about the new one, I've just looked on the London Embassy website to apply for my visa & was surprised by the extra paperwork, I'm just under the £5000 in the bank & its certainly hasn't been in there for six months, I was wondering if I could still apply for the old one as I read that the new one does come into affect until November 15th, I was just going to apply anyway & hope for the best, does anyone know any information regarding this matter?

Thanks in Advance.

Baz

To get 9 months on my METV, I could do 180 days (60+60+60) and get an additional 60 days which I can extend by 30 days if I re-enter on day 179?

Does it make any difference if I extend each entry (60+30) to achieve the same thing?

35 minutes ago, baz69er said:

Hi,

I've been using the Multiple Entry Tourist Visa for many years now & did hear about the new one, I've just looked on the London Embassy website to apply for my visa & was surprised by the extra paperwork, I'm just under the £5000 in the bank & its certainly hasn't been in there for six months, I was wondering if I could still apply for the old one as I read that the new one does come into affect until November 15th, I was just going to apply anyway & hope for the best, does anyone know any information regarding this matter?

Thanks in Advance.

Baz

The new METV came into effect last year on November 15th. The old Double and Triple Entry Visas are no longer available and you only have the choice of a SETV or METV. They will definitely want to see at least £5K, but they might be flexible on the 6 months.

Edited by elviajero

33 minutes ago, baz69er said:

I've been using the Multiple Entry Tourist Visa for many years now

You have not !  There was not a multiple entry tourist visa prior to 13 November 2015.

What you may have been using was a visa which allowed 2 or three entries. These visas are no longer available.

10 minutes ago, hgo said:

To get 9 months on my METV, I could do 180 days (60+60+60) and get an additional 60 days which I can extend by 30 days if I re-enter on day 179?

Does it make any difference if I extend each entry (60+30) to achieve the same thing?

It doesn't make any difference what you do until the visa expires. To maximise the number of days in the country you need to make your last 60 day entry on or before the visas expiry date and extend that by 30 days.

I got a METV in March this year, then did a re-entry in September and have a 60 day stamp that expires on 16th November. I'm under the impression i can extend for another 30 days but how do i do this, and what does it cost, if anything?

31 minutes ago, Mover1 said:

I got a METV in March this year, then did a re-entry in September and have a 60 day stamp that expires on 16th November. I'm under the impression i can extend for another 30 days but how do i do this, and what does it cost, if anything?

You can apply at your local immigration office. It costs 1,900 baht.

12 minutes ago, Mover1 said:

Thanks elviajero. My two local offices are Phuket Town and Patong.

Do you know if they process your application while you wait and get it back the same day, or do you have to go back the next day?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You get the extension done while you wait.

You can do it at either office but the Patong office would the best choice since it is normally less busy than the main office.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, elviajero said:

The new METV came into effect last year on November 15th. The old Double and Triple Entry Visas are no longer available and you only have the choice of a SETV or METV. They will definitely want to see at least £5K, but they might be flexible on the 6 months.

O.k thanks for your advice, I will know next time, so I'm assuming my only option is to get a single tourist before I leave (60 Days) then extend it for another (30 Days) before it expires? Also once my (90 Days) are up, could I leave & fly back in & get (30 Days) on arrival & then extend that for (30 Days) ? Or is it only for a week?

Thanks in advance..

Baz

4 minutes ago, baz69er said:

Also once my (90 Days) are up, could I leave & fly back in & get (30 Days) on arrival & then extend that for (30 Days) ? Or is it only for a week?

You could fly out and back for a 30 visa exempt entry and then extend it for 30 days.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You could fly out and back for a 30 visa exempt entry and then extend it for 30 days.

Just one thing, will I need an outward bound flight ticket for a 30 day exempt visa? Or proof of funds etc?

1 minute ago, baz69er said:

Just one thing, will I need an outward bound flight ticket for a 30 day exempt visa? Or proof of funds etc?

The airline might ask for a onward ticket within 30 days for you to board your return flight.

Immigration seldom ask to see financial proof.

If you are from a G7 country you would get a 30 day entry by doing a border hop.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The airline might ask for a onward ticket within 30 days for you to board your return flight.

Immigration seldom ask to see financial proof.

If you are from a G7 country you would get a 30 day entry by doing a border hop.

O.k thanks for your advice....

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 2:32 PM, taninthai said:

So sent all my stuff of Friday cost £155 in the post office 12.50 postal order fee,7.25 to send the application ,£10 to cover postage back and the £125 for actual visa......Will let you know how it comes back....all sent to London office

Got my passport back after 3 days visa sorted ,,,supplied them with everything they asked for except company registration document,,also included return flight ticket back to UK.

3 minutes ago, Mover1 said:

Thanks ubon joe.

I've got another question now. Some friends have come over from UK and want to go to the GP in KL. As I'm still in my last 60 day stamp that expires mid November, would I be able to go to KL and back without any hiccups?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

By last 60 days I assume your visa has already expired.

You have two choices. One get a re-entry permit to keep your 60 day entry valid so that you can still apply for a 30 day extension. Two enter the country without a re-entry permit and get 30 day visa exempt entry.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

By last 60 days I assume your visa has already expired.

You have two choices. One get a re-entry permit to keep your 60 day entry valid so that you can still apply for a 30 day extension. Two enter the country without a re-entry permit and get 30 day visa exempt entry.

Thanks, yes the METV expired in September. 

Can you tell me how i get a re-entry permit please?

2 minutes ago, Mover1 said:

Thanks, yes the METV expired in September. 

Can you tell me how i get a re-entry permit please?

You can apply for a single re-entry permit at a immigration office for a fee of 1000 baht.

You can also apply for one at either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country and some other airports.

• Like 1

Hello forum,

Sorry if this has been answered many times, I thank you for any wisdom you can give me.

I recently obtained a Non'O' retirement visa. At the time of processing, I asked for a multi-entry, but only paid 1900baht, so obviously the officer didn't get what I asked for and just said I needed form TM.8 for multi entry, baffled, I let it be.

I will now apply for a Multi-entry visa and pay the 3800bhat fee. My question is :- do I need to give dates of travel? (the form is asking for dates, but I'm not sure of dates...there flexible) can I just come and go from Thailand within the 6 month period or do I need to inform immigration each time I leave and then re-enter ? I did speak to immigration by phone but was none the wiser...also, if I am away when my 90 reporting is due, what happens? I read somewhere that I can report online, but the link I tried failed to load.

Any advice is most welcome.

Bert.

1 hour ago, Bert Jones said:

Hello forum,

Sorry if this has been answered many times, I thank you for any wisdom you can give me.

I recently obtained a Non'O' retirement visa. At the time of processing, I asked for a multi-entry, but only paid 1900baht, so obviously the officer didn't get what I asked for and just said I needed form TM.8 for multi entry, baffled, I let it be.

I will now apply for a Multi-entry visa and pay the 3800bhat fee. My question is :- do I need to give dates of travel? (the form is asking for dates, but I'm not sure of dates...there flexible) can I just come and go from Thailand within the 6 month period or do I need to inform immigration each time I leave and then re-enter ? I did speak to immigration by phone but was none the wiser...also, if I am away when my 90 reporting is due, what happens? I read somewhere that I can report online, but the link I tried failed to load.

Bert.

You will be applying for a multiple re-entry permit that is not a visa.

You do not need to put exact dates on the TM8 form when you complete it since they really mean nothing since they will not be on the re-entry permit stamp they will do it.

Once you you have the re-entry permit you will not need to do anything more than leave the country and show it on entry. You will put its number on your arrival card instead of a visa number.

You do not need to do a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country unless you stay that long. Your report will be due 90 days from the date you enter the country.

1 hour ago, Bert Jones said:

Hello forum,

Bert.

• You have a 1 year extension of stay. The officer was asking for the TM.8 which is the application for a Re-entry Permit.
  • You are now applying for a Re-entry Permit. The dates are not important so just leave blank or put an approximate date.
  • The Re-entry Permit will be valid for the remainder of your permission to stay (1 year extension). You can come and go as often as you want until the permit expires and you don't need to inform immigration.
  • Every time you leave the country the 90 day count stops and you don't need to report. The 90 day count resets to 1 on the day you return.

29 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

A friend has heard that they are stopping issuing METV  in Vienteine

Can anyone confirm this

Vientiane has never issued the METV unless your are Laotian or a legal resident of Laos.

Perhaps you are confusing a 2 entry visa  that has not been available since November of last year with a METV,

• Like 1