The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

12 hours ago, spambot said:

Thanks Scbascuba3

I am focused only requirements of a sole trader - And why do I think its going to be only the single SA100 for sole trader - The reason is: I could not see any possible documentation that could be used  from HRMC to use as proof for a business existence and there is no legal requirement to register a sole trader as a businesses so I could not work out what the Embassy might be referring to (in the case of a sole trader) that could be provided. There is however a legal requirement for limited company  to have a Certificate of Incorporation and hence this can be provided.

I'm same position as you,I'm just waiting for my accountant to send me my tax return and i also have an old cis tax registration id  card that states trading as me myself,I'm gonna include this as a form of company registration/sole trader although i think london office doesn't require this but will send it any way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

I want to apply for the METV.. How do i prove i have £5000 for at least 3 months when i don't actually keep 5k in my current account? I have all my cash in ISA's and savings accounts . Wil they accept printed out statements from the online logins?

The money must be in the bank for 6 months to apply for a METV. It can be in any type of bank account or some other form of savings account. There is no requirement for it to be in a current account.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2016 at 1:36 PM, spambot said:

Currently I'm in UK and will be applying for METV - I am puzzled by by the different consulate requirements for:

1. Self employed

Hull requires  - ONE form:               "photocopy of Self assessment form SA100 / SA105" 

London requires - TWO forms:       "self assessment form and company registration document

2. Flights

Hull requires  - Onward air ticket FROM Thailand (within 6 months)

London requires - Photocopy of air ticket TO Thailand

The website might not reflect the actual - So wondering if there is a different requirements from each  location?

Does anyone have actual experience of  what was accepted - Flights and self employed?

I applied successfully recently in Hull, my main income is from being a self employed landlord (UK property with all UK taxes paid correctly). I provided copies of my SA100 / SA105 /SA110 completed and stamped by my UK accountant, but no company registration document as I do not have a limited company.

I also provided a print out of an Air Asia e-ticket to KL booked (very cheaply) within 6 months of the start date of the Visa, So in my case before 12 Jan 2017, as well as my e-ticket into Thailand from the UK.

In addition I provided printouts for the previous 6 months of statments of a UK savings account where the balance had never been below £5000 and details of my accommodation in Thailand.

I did get the impression that they are fairly strict with the requirements, I overheard a few phone enquires where people who could not meet these requirements were being offered SETV instead but what I provided was acceptable.

I hope that helps.

metv.jpg

Edited by jay1980
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

I want to apply for the METV.. How do i prove i have £5000 for at least 3 months when i don't actually keep 5k in my current account? I have all my cash in ISA's and savings accounts . Wil they accept printed out statements from the online logins?

On a different TV thread an METV application (at Liverpool consulate) was successful with an ISA statement.

14 hours ago, jay1980 said:

I applied successfully recently in Hull, my main income is from being a self employed landlord (UK property with all UK taxes paid correctly). I provided copies of my SA100 / SA105 /SA110 completed and stamped by my UK accountant, but no company registration document as I do not have a limited company.

I also provided a print out of an Air Asia e-ticket to KL booked (very cheaply) within 6 months of the start date of the Visa, So in my case before 12 Jan 2017, as well as my e-ticket into Thailand from the UK.

In addition I provided printouts for the previous 6 months of statments of a UK savings account where the balance had never been below £5000 and details of my accommodation in Thailand.

I did get the impression that they are fairly strict with the requirements, I overheard a few phone enquires where people who could not meet these requirements were being offered SETV instead but what I provided was acceptable.

I hope that helps.

metv.jpg

The interesting thing is that Hull want to see a flight OUT of Thailand and London (state of the website) that want to See a flight ticket INTO Thailand (not sure why - this doesn't seem to make any sense at all) - I rang them to query this, but with the impossible hold wait time - I gave up.

I would like to update everyone that the METV is NO longer available at the thai consulate in Miami! They temporarily suspended the service to get that. I went yesterday and was only able to get a single entry! Only place in the USA to get it now is in Washington DC.

Best of luck everybody

Perhaps it is not for this discussion, but I will ask this question I have a MTV and will enter the kingdom on the  02 october being alone and have submitted all of the information where i am going although my dual citizen canada/thai common law wife is already at the family home and will meet me at the airport.

I was reading on other post that guest have to register with immigration so do I have to register or would i expect some problems since i will be alone coming to my wife per say in canada and perhaps girl friend of 7 years in thailand.

It will be very much appreciated to get some info.

Thanks every one.

11 minutes ago, mettech said:

Perhaps it is not for this discussion, but I will ask this question I have a MTV and will enter the kingdom on the  02 october being alone and have submitted all of the information where i am going although my dual citizen canada/thai common law wife is already at the family home and will meet me at the airport.

I was reading on other post that guest have to register with immigration so do I have to register or would i expect some problems since i will be alone coming to my wife per say in canada and perhaps girl friend of 7 years in thailand.

It will be very much appreciated to get some info.

Thanks every one.

You are not the one that should be doing the report of foreigner staying at a residence. It is the owners responsibility.

Unless you will need to be doing something at immigration nobody will bother you or wife about the report being done.

Got an METV recently from the Belgian embassy, although I got it from one of the consulates. They have 4 AFAIK, 3 in Belgium one in Luxembourg. I got mine in Luxembourg, it was the nearest place to go. It's basically a law firm which does handle somehow the visa affair for the embassy. As it's hand written, I believe they issue it there, rather than sending your papers (passport) back to Brussels.

I usually call them ahead for what's the best time applying, as the person responsible for issuing the visa might be not in the office for some time.

I noticed now, the issue date was the date when I dropped of my application, rather than pick-up, usually they advice 2 weeks.

I filled out retired in the form, but as I do not get any pension, I was told rather to change it to unemployed.

I do have a rental here, but no contract or any letter, so I just book accomodation on Agoda for almost 4 months, which I used actually only the first 3 days, the others I cancelled when back here, without costs.

I got sufficient funds on one account, and also montly incomes from renting property on two other accounts, so I printed out the last 6 months of all 3 accounts, they could take their pick.

I usually fly out from Bangkok, so a one way flight on Air Asia to Phnom Penh booked as well, which I'll probably take to get another TV there.

Price was almost double from the previous 90 Eu (3 entry) to 150 Eu for METV, but it somehow comes convenient, as I'll take a ride to Myanmar in December and don't spoil an entry anymore. Also convenient, as I'm just 6 Km away from the next crossing.

I came in with a brand new passport, Immigration girl at Swampy checked quite a long time, so my guess, they checked my previous history. However she didn't say a thing, and I was stamped off.

• Like 1

these previous posts are fairly relavant to my problem(!) which is that Liverpool informed me today that i cant have what i had last year ( a dual entry 60/60) ok no probs BUT one the new requirements is this self assesment if self employed. I cant prove any INCOME (other than interest) and Liverpool Lady says that wont cut it! Surely if i can prove i have sufficent funds to pay for myself for (what would be a max of) 180 days then that should be ok? I really would like a METV as peace of mind for re entry, but she says i will have to get SETV 60, extend 30(ok so far) but then can i still go to border (Hua Hin -Myanmar as per last year ) and come back in like i did last year. She thinks not,  any views on here? she thinks i will have to take a trip to Laos or Myanmar and go to a consulate or Embassy and apply for another  60 in thailand(assume extend 30) what a ball ache!.....and the METV has gone from 60 to £125!! All help/thoughts  appreciated i just want to stay as long poss(well 5 months) and have peace of mind that all visas are nailed on!....thanks......ps im too late to get a retirement visa but i will be trying for one when im there for next year!

these previous posts are fairly relavant to my problem(!) which is that Liverpool informed me today that i cant have what i had last year ( a dual entry 60/60) ok no probs BUT one the new requirements is this self assesment if self employed. I cant prove any INCOME (other than interest) and Liverpool Lady says that wont cut it! Surely if i can prove i have sufficent funds to pay for myself for (what would be a max of) 180 days then that should be ok? I really would like a METV as peace of mind for re entry, but she says i will have to get SETV 60, extend 30(ok so far) but then can i still go to border (Hua Hin -Myanmar as per last year ) and come back in like i did last year. She thinks not,  any views on here? she thinks i will have to take a trip to Laos or Myanmar and go to a consulate or Embassy and apply for another  60 in thailand(assume extend 30) what a ball ache!.....and the METV has gone from 60 to £125!! All help/thoughts  appreciated i just want to stay as long poss(well 5 months) and have peace of mind that all visas are nailed on!....thanks......ps im too late to get a retirement visa but i will be trying for one when im there for next year!

The Liverpool lady advised you correctly

16 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

Get a SETV (60 days), extend it by 30 days then either ......

1. do a border hop for a 30 day Visa Exempt Entry (Ranong only on the Myanmar border) and extend that by 30 days. 
  2. get a second SETV (60 days) from a Thai Embassy/Consulate in a neighbouring country, which could also be extended giving you 6 months if needed.
Edited by elviajero

Top knowledge Elviajero, thanks! ok, im breathing easier than earlier...so, option 1. why Ranong only? does Baan Phu Nam Ron not give what i need? either way this would be cool as it gives me the 5 months i need. but do i need be out 48hrs? option 2. i assume the requirements/process for SETV are same as in UK so its just a case of picking one that has an Embassy/consulate eg Yangon. Likewise, if i need just 5 months i assume i could equally come back in from eg Myanmar on an exempt 30, extend it for 30 and i have my 150days! if im missing something please advise cheers

5 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

Top knowledge Elviajero, thanks! ok, im breathing easier than earlier...so, option 1. why Ranong only? does Baan Phu Nam Ron not give what i need? either way this would be cool as it gives me the 5 months i need. but do i need be out 48hrs? option 2. i assume the requirements/process for SETV are same as in UK so its just a case of picking one that has an Embassy/consulate eg Yangon. Likewise, if i need just 5 months i assume i could equally come back in from eg Myanmar on an exempt 30, extend it for 30 and i have my 150days! if im missing something please advise cheers

You cannot do a border crossing at Ban Phu Nam Ron unless you have a valid Thai visa for re-entry. They don't allow crossings for a new visa exempt entry.

Ranong is the only crossing to Myanmar that allows a crossing for a visa exempt entry.

7 hours ago, thecolonel said:

• At the borders that allow out/in Visa Exempt Entry (Ban Phu Nam Ron isn't one) you can enter the neighbouring country, turn around, and go straight back in to Thailand. No need to wait 48 hours.
  • Embassy/Consulates in the region usually provide a next day service. You apply in the morning of day 1 and collect in the afternoon of day 2. 
  • Yes you get 150 days from one SETV (60) + one extension of stay (30) and option 1.
  • All extensions cost 1,900 baht. An SETV costs 1,000 baht or the approximate equivalent in a local currency.
Edited by elviajero

Brilliantly helpful answer elviajero, option 2(another country) is clear but clarification needed on Ranong re-entry(preferred option) due what Liverpool Consulate advise me namely that re-entry is not guaranteed and 'should' only be given if you have a return flight within that time frame nb which i wont have! So practically in real terms i would be crossing back in circa 14th Feb 2017 but with a return ticket of around 4th April(48 days) L'pool saying should they press me for return flight details, it gives them grounds to refuse me re-entry? Sounds from what you say they may not even ask and give 30? So is the bottom line there are no guarantees with border run? (surely people wouldnt do it if they might not be let back in!) but crucially can i be assured they will give me 15 days as a minimum and let me back in? if so by rights i can extend that by 30 giving me 45 and im only 3 days short(in which case change flight) appreciate the help, i guess i just want to know my failsafe position(for border run if i choose that) cheers 

Theoretically, immigration might, just might, ask to see a ticket out within 30 days if they suspect you are not a real tourist, and they are looking for a reason to deny you entry. This is extremely rare in practice. I know no one who has ever encountered this. The issue with onward tickets is only relevant, in practice, when dealing with airline check in before flying to Thailand.

6 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

Brilliantly helpful answer elviajero, option 2(another country) is clear but clarification needed on Ranong re-entry(preferred option) due what Liverpool Consulate advise me namely that re-entry is not guaranteed and 'should' only be given if you have a return flight within that time frame nb which i wont have! So practically in real terms i would be crossing back in circa 14th Feb 2017 but with a return ticket of around 4th April(48 days) L'pool saying should they press me for return flight details, it gives them grounds to refuse me re-entry? Sounds from what you say they may not even ask and give 30? So is the bottom line there are no guarantees with border run? (surely people wouldnt do it if they might not be let back in!) but crucially can i be assured they will give me 15 days as a minimum and let me back in? if so by rights i can extend that by 30 giving me 45 and im only 3 days short(in which case change flight) appreciate the help, i guess i just want to know my failsafe position(for border run if i choose that) cheers 

IO's at the border start asking for onward flights if they are trying to satisfy themselves that you're a genuine tourist or trying to find a reason to deny entry. Many people have been trying to live in Thailand as long term tourists and it is these people that the IO's are trying to weed out. Your posts do not indicate that you are a perpetual tourist and you should have no problem making one out/in Visa Exempt Entry and getting other 30 days permission to stay. As a Brit you will always get 30 days.

Thai Immigration at the Ranong border will see that you don't have a Myanmar Visa or a Multiple Entry Visa for Thailand, and they will not let you exit unless they are prepared to let you back in. The worst case would be a refusal to exit in which case you can make alternate plans to leave Thailand by another border (not Myanmar) to re-attempt a Visa Exempt Entry or get a SETV. It is best to go to the border a couple of days before your permission to stay ends in case there is a problem.

1 hour ago, thecolonel said:

sound advice, do you get 30 days from expiry of current or from the day IO stamps it? same question re extension of SETV?

• Day 1 of a 30 day Visa Exempt entry or a 60 day SETV entry is the day you enter the country.
  • Day 1 of any extension of stay is the day after the current permit to stay ends, regardless of how early you apply.
  • Like 1

and naturally following on from your brilliantly concise 'Day 1' terminology(which is immensley helpful to all reading this )if you have a stay period for e.g. 60 days , then strictly speaking are you permitted to stay in thai for the whole of Day 60(and leave 61) or must you leave on day 60 as that it is your last day? as i think it could be argued both ways....

2 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

and naturally following on from your brilliantly concise 'Day 1' terminology(which is immensley helpful to all reading this )if you have a stay period for e.g. 60 days , then strictly speaking are you permitted to stay in thai for the whole of Day 60(and leave 61) or must you leave on day 60 as that it is your last day? as i think it could be argued both ways....

One is allowed to stay 60 days including the day of arrival/departure in that count. 

Leaving on the 61st day would incur an overstay.

25 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

You must leave by midnight on day 60.

Hi

I'm on this 6 month metv and I am in need of some guidance.

my first 90 days is up (I extended)

so i have to leave and re enter quite soon, in 2 days to be exact,

i am am in chiang mai

is it ok to do the standard exit and immediate re entry at mai sai with this visa?

thank you

1 hour ago, Adzy88 said:

Hi

i am am in chiang mai

is it ok to do the standard exit and immediate re entry at mai sai with this visa?

thank you

Yes, that should be fine.

1 hour ago, Adzy88 said:

Hi

i am am in chiang mai

thank you

You can do the crossing at Mae Sai since you have a valid visa for re-entry.

i dont understand. on the the danish thaiembassy it says when you want to apply for the visa:

with its validity of six months from the date of issue.

what if i get the visa one month before i fly to thailand. does that mean that i loose days on the visa if i get it before hand? or do they make the visa so it fits with my airplane tickets?