The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

Any updates on UK passport holders getting a MTEV in the UK?

I am planning to apply for one next month.

Documents I already have are:

Statments from a UK savings account where the balance is currently £17,000 and had never been under £10,000 in the last 6 months.

A 'HMRC SA100 Self Assessment Tax Form' for last UK tax year showing my income which is from UK baised investments which will show a net income of just under £20,000 pre my UK tax liablity. This will be stamped by my UK accountant.

A confirmed flight to Thailand (actually the second part of a return ticket bought in Thailand).

A letter from the Juristic person at the condo I own confirming I own it and a copy of the charnote showing my name, confirming my accomadation in Thailand.

Any thoughts on if this will be enough or if I should book a cheap exit somewhere at the end of the first 90 days stay?

Also any idea what is the best/most lenient Embassy or consulate to apply, the London embassy would be most convenient but I will be visiting family in Yorkshire while on my UK trip and could visit Hull or Liverpool should they be more laid back.

Many thanks in advance for any constructive advice.

Out of my experience you need a return ticket as well as one additional ticket showing you exit after 60/90 days. I would prefer a Honorary consulate as they are more interested in money than in documents.

• Like 1

Any updates on UK passport holders getting a MTEV in the UK?

I am planning to apply for one next month.

Documents I already have are:

Statments from a UK savings account where the balance is currently £17,000 and had never been under £10,000 in the last 6 months.

A 'HMRC SA100 Self Assessment Tax Form' for last UK tax year showing my income which is from UK baised investments which will show a net income of just under £20,000 pre my UK tax liablity. This will be stamped by my UK accountant.

A confirmed flight to Thailand (actually the second part of a return ticket bought in Thailand).

A letter from the Juristic person at the condo I own confirming I own it and a copy of the charnote showing my name, confirming my accomadation in Thailand.

Any thoughts on if this will be enough or if I should book a cheap exit somewhere at the end of the first 90 days stay?

Also any idea what is the best/most lenient Embassy or consulate to apply, the London embassy would be most convenient but I will be visiting family in Yorkshire while on my UK trip and could visit Hull or Liverpool should they be more laid back.

Many thanks in advance for any constructive advice.

Out of my experience you need a return ticket as well as one additional ticket showing you exit after 60/90 days. I would prefer a Honorary consulate as they are more interested in money than in documents.
. I didn't need to show exit departure after 60 or 90 day, but this was LA, btw, just got 30 day extension in Bueng Kan, No Problems at all Edited by Ireland32

You people must have a big problem with visas. I am from Sweden, and just go to the Thai embassy. They tell me what to show, and I just bgring mor than they need every time.

Where is the problem?

Yes, you are right it is simple.

But Thailand seems to attract many people who cannot manage things and do not have their life in order.

You people must have a big problem with visas. I am from Sweden, and just go to the Thai embassy. They tell me what to show, and I just bgring mor than they need every time.

Where is the problem?

But Thailand seems to attract many people who cannot manage things and do not have their life in order.

Thanks! Seems like it is at least one person here that can see how easy it is. Thought everyone was going to put me down.

On the other hand it´s not so easy to put down knowledge, when they don´t know anything. It´s like buying a pen and don´t know how to write.

Regards,

Where is the problem?

Thanks! Seems like it is at least one person here that can see how easy it is. Thought everyone was going to put me down.

On the other hand it´s not so easy to put down knowledge, when they don´t know anything. It´s like buying a pen and don´t know how to write.

Regards,

It's not as simple as you see it as the requirements seem to vary consulate to consulate so people get confused understandably. Plus rules are inconsistently applied.
  • Like 2

Where is the problem?

Regards,

It's not as simple as you see it as the requirements seem to vary consulate to consulate so people get confused understandably. Plus rules are inconsistently applied.

Does it still remain some sense in some humanly possible way?

At first, if you can, just choose a consulate with less hassle then. What´s the problem?

Second, if you happen to live in a country with specific rules like it seems to be in different places. (There you are definitely right)

It´s still not a problem. It´s probably your country, and you are the one that have to face up to what´s needed of you to get your visa. Where is the problem?

Just face it! There is no problem. Just a bunch of people that like like to spend their time wining, instead of clearing the obstacle. If there really is one?

I hope to be at the proper topic I am coming back to Thailand leaving Canada on September and want to return on April of 2017. Now does the multi entry would allow a visa for that period of time.

Thank you

I hope to be at the proper topic I am coming back to Thailand leaving Canada on September and want to return on April of 2017. Now does the multi entry would allow a visa for that period of time.

Thank you

The METV is a way of achieving what you want. Each entry is for only 60 days, so border hops (and optionally extensions) will be required yo stay 7 months.

Thank you

The METV is a way of achieving what you want. Each entry is for only 60 days, so border hops (and optionally extensions) will be required yo stay 7 months.

Will give you almost 9 months if you time your last entry right

• Like 1

do i have to provide and confirm that i have a air ticket out of thailand every time i do a visa run to activate another 60 days? metv

No

Most embassies and consulates only want to see one ticket in and out of the country.

also if there is almost a half year between the dates on my air ticket to when i inter thailand to when i leave thailand?

why will they grant me the 60 days every time without confirmation of leaving thailand, if they wont the first time?

Edited by Hjernestimulanz

also if there is almost a half year between the dates on my air ticket to when i inter thailand to when i leave thailand?

why will they grant me the 60 days every time without confirmation of leaving thailand, if they wont the first time?

The tickets are only needed to apply for the visa. You do not need them to enter the country. If you have a visa a return or onward ticket is not required to enter the country.

I will have to apply for a METV in a couple of months time. I never keep much cash in the bank, however I have a credit card with a $50,000 limit, will that suffice for funds, or will I have to show $8,000 cash in the bank.

I'll be applying in Perth.

Thanks.

I will have to apply for a METV in a couple of months time. I never keep much cash in the bank, however I have a credit card with a $50,000 limit, will that suffice for funds, or will I have to show $8,000 cash in the bank.

I'll be applying in Perth.

Thanks.

I doubt you'll get the answer here but is worth asking the Consulate.

METV :

So, if I well understand , i can stay 9 months, at 2nd and 5th and 8th months i can extend for 30 days and do a border run at 3rd and 6th month.

But about the border run , can I go out and back in the same day? By flight or by land is it the same?

thanks

METV :

So, if I well understand , i can stay 9 months, at 2nd and 5th and 8th months i can extend for 30 days and do a border run at 3rd and 6th month.

But about the border run , can I go out and back in the same day? By flight or by land is it the same?

thanks

The METV allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months form the date of issue. Each entry can be be extended for 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

As long as you do an entry on or before the enter before date on the visa you will get a new 60 day entry which means you can get almost 9 months of total stay by extending that last entry for 30 days.

You can do the entries by air and land and get the same 60 day entry. You can leave and come back on the same day.

• Like 2

On Thursday I applied for an METV at the Hull Consulate in the UK. My application was completed within 40 minutes and I received my visa with no problems at all.

I had a letter from my employer stating I was employed and my start date and that they knew I was to go to Thailand as a tourist.

I had my 6 months Bank statements. Return air ticket with the return being 5 months later. I had a hotel reservation for the first 6 days stay. Along with the fee and 2 photos this was all I needed.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the whole process was straight forward.

Got my 6 month (60 days per entry) tourist visa from the embassy in Ottawa. Very smooth, quick process! $200 CAD, just had to fill out the form, show your airline ticket confirmation, couple passport photos and then it's ready for pickup 3 days later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to add that's UNLIMITED entries for the duration of the visa. From my understanding, you can enter back into Thailand the day before your visa is up and then have another 60 days, which can then be extended another 30, essentially making it a 9 month visa. Can anyone tell me if that's correct? Cheers!

Forgot to add that's UNLIMITED entries for the duration of the visa. From my understanding, you can enter back into Thailand the day before your visa is up and then have another 60 days, which can then be extended another 30, essentially making it a 9 month visa. Can anyone tell me if that's correct? Cheers!

Your assumption is correct.

• Like 1

Got my 6 month (60 days per entry) tourist visa from the embassy in Ottawa. Very smooth, quick process! $200 CAD, just had to fill out the form, show your airline ticket confirmation, couple passport photos and then it's ready for pickup 3 days later!

No bank statements or employer letter required? Sounds like you are describing a METV but they usually ask for the above. But without bank statements/ employer letter may be a SETV?

• The visa will always only be valid for 6 months from the date it is issued.
  • You are right that an entry/permit to stay just before the visa expires ('enter before' date), that is extended by 30 days, can give a total stay of nearly 9 months. However, it should be noted that every day/week/month from the day the visa is issued to the day you first enter Thailand reduces the possible total stay.