The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

Question: It is difficult to review all of the nearly 1500 posts in this thread. I would like help to clear up a question. I have a fellow on a FB Group that makes a type of claim that one can get a METV at the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet. And strongly implies that anyone can do it from any country. I do not believe this from evidence posted here on this thread and previously on other threads. I suggested that if this FB poster knew of any such action then to post a copy of the passport page and Visa stamped by the Consulate. He hasn't done that. I also suggested that if a METV was actually issued by the Savannakhet Thai Consulate is was either a fluke / mistake or it was done by some backhanded visa agency and was likely illegally obtained.

Does anyone have recent clarification on this ... Thank You.

Edited by JDGRUEN

Question: It is difficult to review all of the nearly 1500 posts in this thread. I would like help to clear up a question. I have a fellow on a FB Group that makes a type of claim that one can get a METV at the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet. And strongly implies that anyone can do it from any country. I do not believe this from evidence posted here on this thread and previously on other threads. I suggested that if this FB poster knew of any such action then to post a copy of the passport page and Visa stamped by the Consulate. He hasn't done that. I also suggested that if a METV was actually issued by the Savannakhet Thai Consulate is was either a fluke / mistake or it was done by some backhanded visa agency and was likely illegally obtained.

Does anyone have recent clarification on this ... Thank You.

METV's in Laos are only available to Laos residents/citizens.

Edited by ubonjoe
removed a inflammatory comment
  • Like 1

Clearly failed logic 101

Maybe so but they just announced the new rules and regulations last week and already you want them to do something different.

I am not alone in thinking that these requirements are antiquaited and just plain crazy. Time will tell if they relax some of the requirements. Such as job etc. Even funds in a bank is just silly. In meantime thaivisa is a forum to discuss. Sadly many threads have become crazy with nasty posts. Such as send all the dn home etc.

i personally live here on non o so does not effect me. However i believe this metv is not have much common sense. As a result i find it hard to profile a target group it suits

Was just bit curious how you live here on a type O and it doesn't effect you? i have type O but obviously have to do the visa run every 90 days.. or is this type O i have now obsolete? got it last June in London UK, return UK June this year 2016.. Any help / info is greatly appreciated ; )

Clearly failed logic 101

Maybe so but they just announced the new rules and regulations last week and already you want them to do something different.

I am not alone in thinking that these requirements are antiquaited and just plain crazy. Time will tell if they relax some of the requirements. Such as job etc. Even funds in a bank is just silly. In meantime thaivisa is a forum to discuss. Sadly many threads have become crazy with nasty posts. Such as send all the dn home etc.

i personally live here on non o so does not effect me. However i believe this metv is not have much common sense. As a result i find it hard to profile a target group it suits

Was just bit curious how you live here on a type O and it doesn't effect you? i have type O but obviously have to do the visa run every 90 days.. or is this type O i have now obsolete? got it last June in London UK, return UK June this year 2016.. Any help / info is greatly appreciated ; )

• All non 'O' visas have a maximum stay of 90 days. The only way to avoid the 90 border hops is to apply for a 1 year extension of stay.
  • If you have a 1 year multiple entry non 'O' visa you do not need to go back to the UK in June. You can make a last entry on or just before the visas expiry date and get another 90 days.
  • If your non 'O' is based on marriage or parenthood you can get a new multiple entry visa at certain Thai Consulates in countries neighbouring Thailand.

For the 6 month METV i assume you can't get extensions any more? With the old multi entry tourist visa you'd get 60 days then could extend for another 30.

Yes you can still get a 30 day extension of stay for any of the 60 days stays. But as the number of entries are unlimited it maybe better to do a border hop every 60 days. Doing an extension on the last 60 day entry can give a total stay of nearly 9 months.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what is required in terms of hotel bookings and flight tickets when applying for the METV?

I have a booked ticket to thailand and also can show ticket going out of Thailand before the first 60 days will be up. I also have hotel reservations booked for this period of time.
Will this be enough? Or do they require every flight ticket for the proposed 6 month duration going in and out of Thailand as well as hotel bookings for the whole time?

Personally I dont like to plan that far in advance!

Does anyone know what is required in terms of hotel bookings and flight tickets when applying for the METV?

I have a booked ticket to thailand and also can show ticket going out of Thailand before the first 60 days will be up. I also have hotel reservations booked for this period of time.

Will this be enough? Or do they require every flight ticket for the proposed 6 month duration going in and out of Thailand as well as hotel bookings for the whole time?

I guess this depends on where you will apply for the METV so nobody other than that consulate/embassy will be able to give you a definitive answer. Mind you, I applied for the METV at a consulate in Germany yesterday and whilst they asked me "Do you have your flight confirmation with you" they accepted my "Yes, I do" and didn´t bother having a look or making a copy of it. Neither did they ask me for a hotel reservation. The only thing they really wanted to see and even made a copy of was my bank statement.

The whole process from entering the consulate to leaving it with a METV in my PP only took 7 (!!!) minutes. Loved it!

DUS

Edited by DUS

In Los Angeles, they specifically asked for proof of "multiple entries" and hotels.

The hotels are easy as you can cancel on most sites with no fee.

Do you have any airline status? If not, many airlines have a 24 hour no fee cancellation policy.

If you get my drift, you can show up with several flights and hotels, then do what you need to do within 24 hours after you submit your paperwork.

It depends on where you apply.

I got a METV from the London Embassy in March without any hassle. I had proof of onward travel within 60 days (Flight to Penang) and proof of first months stay at hotel in Phuket. The girl at the counter made me get the full address of the hotel, all i had put was the name. So in my experience the answer is no, you don't need to show the whole 6 months duration, at least thats the case at the London embassy.

Hope this info helps, and good luck!

I got a METV from the London Embassy in March without any hassle. I had proof of onward travel within 60 days (Flight to Penang) and proof of first months stay at hotel in Phuket. The girl at the counter made me get the full address of the hotel, all i had put was the name. So in my experience the answer is no, you don't need to show the whole 6 months duration, at least thats the case at the London embassy.

Hope this info helps, and good luck!

Did you do the letter from employer etc?

I just got my METV visa yesterday. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience using it?

My questions are:

1.) Will the immigration officer at my point of arrival in Thailand be looking to see any of the supporting documents such as flight out of Thailand, hotel bookings etc that provided in my visa application at the embassy, or will the visa alone be ok?

2.) When I plan to come back in again on one of the entries, will I again have to provide details of my next flight out of Thailand and where I will be staying during this entry?

Similar questions I know, but whereas I have these documents for my first entry, I don't have any plans beyond that.

Thanks in advance

I just got my METV visa yesterday. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience using it?

My questions are:

1.) Will the immigration officer at my point of arrival in Thailand be looking to see any of the supporting documents such as flight out of Thailand, hotel bookings etc that provided in my visa application at the embassy, or will the visa alone be ok?

2.) When I plan to come back in again on one of the entries, will I again have to provide details of my next flight out of Thailand and where I will be staying during this entry?

Similar questions I know, but whereas I have these documents for my first entry, I don't have any plans beyond that.

Thanks in advance

1. They will ask for nothing,

2. No

My questions are:

Thanks in advance

What did you provide to get the TVME? I'm this varies, I'm just wondering if its the same as my local consulate.

My questions are:

Thanks in advance

What did you provide to get the TVME? I'm this varies, I'm just wondering if its the same as my local consulate.

I provided a bank statement, flight ticket into thailand, flight ticket out of thailand at the end of the first entry, hotel confirmation for the duration of the first entry and a completed tax return to show self-employment status.

• Like 1

My questions are:

Thanks in advance

I provided a bank statement, flight ticket into thailand, flight ticket out of thailand at the end of the first entry, hotel confirmation for the duration of the first entry and a completed tax return to show self-employment status.

Was the bank statement the latest month or 6 months? I'm planning on showing the flight for 5ish months, hopefully that won't be a problem. The logic is you can easily book a flight out or go overland or get an extension before the 60 day point.

My questions are:

Thanks in advance

Was the bank statement the latest month or 6 months? I'm planning on showing the flight for 5ish months, hopefully that won't be a problem. The logic is you can easily book a flight out or go overland or get an extension before the 60 day point.

I showed two bank statements actually. One was from a savings account which showed end balance from last two years. Other was current account but just from the last month.

• Like 1

I have many previous entries on Visa Exemption, my last one was in July last year. After that I have had one regular tourist visa with one re-entry. And now I`m near the end of my first METV.

Would it be safe for me to arrive next time on a Visa Exemption?

But after my next trip then I will be able apply for a non immigrant o multi entry at my local embassy.

I have many previous entries on Visa Exemption, my last one was in July last year. After that I have had one regular tourist visa with one re-entry. And now I`m near the end of my first METV.

But after my next trip then I will be able apply for a non immigrant o multi entry at my local embassy.

I would expect your plan to be OK, but without a 100% guarantee. I have never been able to figure out what triggers the alert from the immigration computer on visa exempt entries. If there is an alert, you would likely end up talking to a supervisor and need to satisfy him/her that you have financial resources to support yourself in Thailand without working.

Please report back on your experiences.

You should be ok. The worst that is likely to happen would be questions about what you do in Thailand, and maybe a warning to get a visa for the next entry. It is highly unlikely you would be denied entry.

What is the 'enter before' date printed on your visa? If you make your next entry on or before this date you will be granted another 60 day stay that can be extended by 30 days.

I would expect your plan to be OK, but without a 100% guarantee. I have never been able to figure out what triggers the alert from the immigration computer on visa exempt entries. If there is an alert, you would likely end up talking to a supervisor and need to satisfy him/her that you have financial resources to support yourself in Thailand without working.

Forgot too mention, I got an alert last July at the Immigration booth and got questioned a little bit before the officer stamped me in. "Next time you come you need Tourist Visa ok?" He said....

I`m a frequent traveler and work in oil and gas offshore in the north sea. I do about 7 trips to Thailand every year, typical 21-23 days on each stay.

Forgot too mention, I got an alert last July at the Immigration booth and got questioned a little bit before the officer stamped me in. "Next time you come you need Tourist Visa ok?" He said....

I`m a frequent traveler and work in oil and gas offshore in the north sea. I do about 7 trips to Thailand every year, typical 21-23 days on each stay.

I can't see why you need a tourist visa. Looks like you are perfect for visa exemption. You should look into if there are any restrictions with TE.

You should be ok. The worst that is likely to happen would be questions about what you do in Thailand, and maybe a warning to get a visa for the next entry. It is highly unlikely you would be denied entry.

What is the 'enter before' date printed on your visa? If you make your next entry on or before this date you will be granted another 60 day stay that can be extended by 30 days.

Yes I know...

Enter before may 26, but I`m still in Thailand. Going back to my old country for work on Monday, and my next entry at BKK is on may 31. So I could not utilize this METV maximum.

Edited by Namplik