G20 pledges to cooperate as ISIS threatens further attacks

webfact

G20 pledges to cooperate as ISIS threatens further attacks

606x341_317205.jpg

ANTALYA: -- G20 leaders have promised to cooperate over border security, airline safety, sharing intelligence on suspected terrorists and freezing their assets.

US President Barack Obama says he is committed to a joint strategy to annihilate Islamic State, but will not authorise US ground troops.

“ISIL is the face of evil. There have been a few who suggested that we should put large numbers of US troops on the ground. And it is not just my view, but the view of my closest military and civilian advisers that that would be a mistake.”

Russian leader Vladimir Putin says cutting off funding for groups like IS is the key.

“Channels of finance for terrorist activity must be cut off. I’ve given examples based on information we have on IS financing by individuals from various countries. This financing, as we found out, comes from 40 countries, including some in the G20.”

ISIL: Washington and Rome are next

Undeterred, the so-called Islamic State has warned that countries taking part in air strikes against Syria face the same fate as France.

Posted on the usual site used by the group, it is claimed the video is by militants in the Iraqi province of Salahuddine, north of Baghdad.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-17

"Russian leader Vladimir Putin says cutting off funding for groups like IS is the key."

Putin knows all about how damaging it can be cut off from funding when the EU and USA imposed financial sanctions on Russia for its annexation of Crimea and support for the Ukrainian insurgency. Now he too can use those tools. Good man, Putin.