Justice minister tells Yingluck to petition the Court

webfact

Justice minister tells Yingluck to petition the Court

279-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Justice Minister Gen Phaibul Khumchaya advised former Prime minister Ms Yingluck Shinawatra to petition the court if she thought she was unfairly treated.

The minister’s comment came as Ms Yingluck again posted on her Facebook claiming she didn’t expect to get justice from this government after hearing the deputy prime minister Dr Wisanu Krea-ngarm defended the government’s use of an administrative order to demand compensation from her for losses incurred from the rice pledging scheme.

Gen Phaibul said all what the deputy prime minister has clarified was clear and in accordance with the procedures of the laws.

He said if she saw it was still unjust for her, she could seek justice from the court.

Ms Yingluck posted on her Facebook seeking sympathy from the people over how she was treated.

She said the case could become a historic case “which will be engraved upon the heart of her and the people and will use as a standard to treat “the next prime minister who has implemented policy to assist the people.”

Dr Wisanu defended the government’s use of an administrative order to demand compensation from former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra for losses incurred from the rice pledging scheme, claiming that the government has no bias against her.

He explained that the government has two options to demand compensation from Ms Yingluck. The first option is to file civil lawsuit against her in accordance with the Civil and Commercial Code and the second option is to Officials’ Accountability for Wrongful Act B.E. 2539 and Administrative Procedure Act B.E. 2539.

The government chose the second option which is nothing new and, in fact, has been put in practice for 19 years and administrative order has been invoked for over 5,000 cases, he explained, and added the government has no ill intention to defame Ms Yingluck but wanted to make clarification to dispel misunderstanding.

Elaborating on the procedure pertaining to the administrative order, he said if the fact-finding probes of both the Commerce and Finance ministries clear Ms Yingluck of any wrongdoings, then the case is closed. But if they found she was negligent in her performance of duty, then the Finance Ministry would issue an administrative order to demand compensation from her.

In such a case, Ms Yingluck has the right to appeal within 15 days to an appeals committee and if the committee rejects her appeal, the administrative order will take effect but she can take the case to the Administrative Court to revoke the administrative order.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/justice-minister-tells-yingluck-to-petition-the-court

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-17

Its not fair. Why are they picking on me. violin.gif

Because she followed orders of her brother in a expensive vote buying scheme that did not help the people it was supposed to help and was not even taken into the national budget even though the cost of it almost equaled the yearly spending of the health budget in Thailand (just to put it in perspective). Had it been taken into the budget it would have been an other story.

You can't spend 10% of the national budget without putting it in the budget and claiming it was cost neutral or (as claimed by Thaksin) would make money.

While reading her 'trial by facebook' posts, I encourage the readers to imagine her sat in her office filing her nails knowing full well that the cronies down the line were stealing billions of baht of taxpayers money.

And making the conscious decision to let them do it. And then think about how many millions of normal Thais had to get up every day and go to work in order for them to get the tax to do it.

Lucky for her most of her followers haven't got past the 'oh a pretty face' level of politics.

Look it is simple you can't buy a product for above market rate and expect to sell at higher rate and make a profit. If you run your business this way you would be broke in no time. A child knows this. So saying your not wrong might work if the people who judge you are dumber than you. In the real world you buy low sell high to make money.

There is no doubt this military government is bias against everything the last government has done, but turn a blind eye to the Democratic Party, the unlawful protesters and the current policies that in the future will raise the debt of this country more than what the rice scheme did.

While reading her 'trial by facebook' posts, I encourage the readers to imagine her sat in her office filing her nails knowing full well that the cronies down the line were stealing billions of baht of taxpayers money.

And making the conscious decision to let them do it. And then think about how many millions of normal Thais had to get up every day and go to work in order for them to get the tax to do it.

Lucky for her most of her followers haven't got past the 'oh a pretty face' level of politics.

EJ, Do you really think that she had full knowledge of all levels of the corrupt behavior of each individual of the rice scheme and just let it go, knowing full well that the opposition (the Dem's and cohorts) would be looking very hard at anything and everything she and her government did?

As that would suggest Stupidity to the extreme for a seasoned politician, as well as for a successful business person, so your opinion be it facetious or matter of fact makes no sense what so ever.

Or would it be more likely that her orders of checks were simply ignored and she was told several times all is well it's just the opposition making waves?

Do you agree that there has been deception on many occasions to leaders by those that are charged with doing the job they are tasked with?

Do you think she put a single Baht in her pocket?

Or more likely many others have and hung her out to dry?

Being lied to is not a crime last time I looked. But hey I guess you've never been deceived by those you trusted or by subordinates?

Your hatred (hate red) for her brother seems to have clouded your judgment?

But hey I kind'a think Mark would be a fairly good PM, Just if he could win an election then cool, not have it handed to him.

yingluck claimed "she didn’t expect to get justice from this government" In other words she know she is guilty and is using the government as a scapegoat to defer blame to others. A typical red shirt and PTP action of unaccountability for anything they ever do wrong. Of course if she thought she was innocent and as she has stated many times before she would say "I am confident in the process and am sure I will be cleared of any wrong doing"

​Of course when Somsak was cleared of his unusual wealth charges and a vote cleared the way to not impeach him he was over the moon and had complete faith in the system. Why? The decision suited his agenda. Had he been impeached one could well be sure that he would have stated "I didn’t expect to get justice from this government"

The courts are only respected and guilty or not guilty verdicts respected when it suits the PTP and red agenda. When it doesn't then the excuses spew out like a toxic river of unaccountability. Something yinglick is especially proficient at. Of course if she gets 500 "likes" on Facebook then it just proves she is innocent. If that doesn't work then bring out a photo of yingluck surrounded by a few 1000 smiling farmers up North. As sure as night follows day the comments will predictably be "See, she is the most popular PM in history" or "She does have the support of the majority" deflecting her guilt further or in this case implying through popularity guilt is inconsequential.

​All political noise and contempt for the system aside yingluck can appeal within 15 days and work within the legal framework. Somas was confident in the system and good for him.

Just get on with the trial,if found guilty,try and reclaim any monies,

I hope she is not that stupid that she has not already transfered

all her funds overseas. I know nothing, I have nothing.what happens

then?

regards Worgeordie

EJ, Do you really think that she had full knowledge of all levels of the corrupt behavior of each individual of the rice scheme and just let it go, knowing full well that the opposition (the Dem's and cohorts) would be looking very hard at anything and everything she and her government did?

As that would suggest Stupidity to the extreme for a seasoned politician, as well as for a successful business person, so your opinion be it facetious or matter of fact makes no sense what so ever.

Or would it be more likely that her orders of checks were simply ignored and she was told several times all is well it's just the opposition making waves?

Do you agree that there has been deception on many occasions to leaders by those that are charged with doing the job they are tasked with?

Being lied to is not a crime last time I looked. But hey I guess you've never been deceived by those you trusted or by subordinates?

But hey I kind'a think Mark would be a fairly good PM, Just if he could win an election then cool, not have it handed to him.

Is she naive? Probably very naive.

Does she have the capacity to clearly understand right from wrong? Yes.

Did she have the required background to enter the PM job? No.

She did have a choice, she could have said NO. She didn't, she decided (possibly with some strong push from her evil brother who probably said 'don't worry, I'll tell you want to do and say every minute and I'll protect totally.'

She went ahead putting herself up as PM. In reality she was a fake, a total fake, a puppet and a clone of the brother (his words). She had the unimaginable gall / a total lack of morals and ethics, to intentionally try to trick the public of Thailand, the good hard working people of Thailand.

She needs to now accept the consequences of her dirty work.

The previous poster says: "Do you think she put a single Baht in her pocket?" Well you don't know the answer to that question and I don't know the answer, but I do find it difficult to believe that the Shin clan got nothing.

But it's not the point of the case. She is charged with gross mismanagement / complete dereliction of her duty to manage......

Comments about Mark, are not the point here, not at all.

She isn't seasoned politician, nor was she a successful business person. She has always simply done as her brother instructed, and worked in the "family firm".

She wasn't really the PM/DM, didn't make the decisions and in that sense probably doesn't really know all that was going on. PTP, under instructions, did all they could to keep her away from meetings, parliament and any activity in the hope the "I was away, I know nothing, they said it was o k" defenses would all work if she was challenged. They never expected to be ousted, thought they could get Thaksin whitewashed and back, and get their hands on the 2.2 trillion baht off book loan, diverting some of that to cover this. All smoke and mirrors which is a PTP hallmark.

But they were ousted, didn't get their hands on the cash and didn't whitewash Thaksin's crimes.

So now she has to explain and show she acted correctly and wasn't negligent in the way she carried out her duties as the chair of the rice scheme. How she ensured correct accounting and management were in place and how she acted on and followed up all the warnings.

Being lied to isn't a crime. Being warned that you are being lied to and not only ignoring it but punishing those who dare speak out is somewhat negligent in your responsibilities when you are the head honcho.

I can quiet believe she had no clue about everything that was happening, But somehow I don't believe her brother didn't know.

It has been presented as a vote buying populist policy. I think that was only one intention. It was designed as a slush fund to pay off many, hence the high levels of corrupt practices permitted. If the world price of rice had been controlled and risen, all would have been covered. If not, some of 2.2 the trillion loan could have been siphoned to cover it.

Thaksin miscalculated the response to the Amnesty Bill and that led to subsequent events which meant PTP could no longer cover things up by simply lying.

Yingluck as been exposed for being exactly what she is, has always been and probably always will be, a stooge for her big brother and the clan. Being that stooge has made her a very very rich woman. So save any sympathy for the poor farmers who were ruthlessly exploited and lied to.

She isn't seasoned politician, nor was she a successful business person. She has always simply done as her brother instructed, and worked in the "family firm".

She wasn't really the PM/DM, didn't make the decisions and in that sense probably doesn't really know all that was going on. PTP, under instructions, did all they could to keep her away from meetings, parliament and any activity in the hope the "I was away, I know nothing, they said it was o k" defenses would all work if she was challenged. They never expected to be ousted, thought they could get Thaksin whitewashed and back, and get their hands on the 2.2 trillion baht off book loan, diverting some of that to cover this. All smoke and mirrors which is a PTP hallmark.

But they were ousted, didn't get their hands on the cash and didn't whitewash Thaksin's crimes.

So now she has to explain and show she acted correctly and wasn't negligent in the way she carried out her duties as the chair of the rice scheme. How she ensured correct accounting and management were in place and how she acted on and followed up all the warnings.

Being lied to isn't a crime. Being warned that you are being lied to and not only ignoring it but punishing those who dare speak out is somewhat negligent in your responsibilities when you are the head honcho.

I can quiet believe she had no clue about everything that was happening, But somehow I don't believe her brother didn't know.

It has been presented as a vote buying populist policy. I think that was only one intention. It was designed as a slush fund to pay off many, hence the high levels of corrupt practices permitted. If the world price of rice had been controlled and risen, all would have been covered. If not, some of 2.2 the trillion loan could have been siphoned to cover it.

Thaksin miscalculated the response to the Amnesty Bill and that led to subsequent events which meant PTP could no longer cover things up by simply lying.

Yingluck as been exposed for being exactly what she is, has always been and probably always will be, a stooge for her big brother and the clan. Being that stooge has made her a very very rich woman. So save any sympathy for the poor farmers who were ruthlessly exploited and lied to.

Just caught the last bit about farmers being ruthlessly exploited. Rest of your post is typical BB facetious style. Ruthlessly exploited seem powerful reasons for the farmers to lynch and unlove her. Doesn't looks that way if you listen to the only red shirt leader whom the junta claimed to be on their side. He did said that the PM needs to do much more to win the Red hearts and the adminstrative order is cited as a chagrin to the red shirts. Reality hurts.

Did she cry this time? Or post a little emoticon?

Ultimately, she can defend herself very easily by simply submitting the accounting/auditing that her own team produced for this rice scheme, that will clear all of this up very quickly.

Spot on.

The scheme was ambitious because it relied heavily on Thailand having the capability to influence the worlds rice market price to cover the guarantees given to the farmers of 4000bht per ton over the current market price at the time. This is not impossible and many countries influence commodity prices. The Saudi's do it with oil frequently. Thailand has a 30% share in the worlds rice export market and as such has a huge influence in the market price. As with all agricultural commodities you can only surmise what the worlds output may be when calculating risks, simply because it needs harvesting first. Many factors contributed to its failure but one killer blow was the bumper year 2013 was for both Vietnam and India's output. No one even today could envision that the other rice producing nations could fill the void if Thailand stock piled its annual harvest, however this is exactly what happened, the rice did not run dry and the market was unaffected. It could quite easily have been the opposite and if the void could not be filled and demand was still very high Thailand could then dictate the price and we would not be here discussing it.

Further, i would like to also offer some transparency as to similar tactics used by the democrats in the past with palm. The government under Abhisit fixed the price of palm oil and put a freeze on exports. This cost the farmers billions in lost revenue from raw export. We now know what happened in this scenario. All the farmers where forced into milling the palm in Thailand. When you then learn that a consortium of only 10 powerful families own and run all of Thailand's palm mills, the circumstances engineered by the government made them billions in milling profits as it sparked huge panic sales and they where buying it of the farmers for peanuts. If i then digress further and tell you a man named Suthep Thaugsuban is one of these families and was at the time ''deputy prime minister'' you have to step back and ask yourself which scheme could have worked and what scheme was politically fixed with only one possible outcome. Everyone is crucifying this rice scheme and her with it yet no one feels the need to slaughter clear blatant ''in your face'' corruption executed the democrats at the expense of Thailand farmers.

This reality conveniently overlooked by the witch hunters;

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

And again, and again, and again you conveniently ignore why action is being taken.

What's your next boring oft repeated post(s)? Let me guess : 'But she's really a nice lady, she really loves her brother.'

Edited by scorecard

Just caught the last bit about farmers being ruthlessly exploited. Rest of your post is typical BB facetious style. Ruthlessly exploited seem powerful reasons for the farmers to lynch and unlove her. Doesn't looks that way if you listen to the only red shirt leader whom the junta claimed to be on their side. He did said that the PM needs to do much more to win the Red hearts and the adminstrative order is cited as a chagrin to the red shirts. Reality hurts.

You could twist Monday to look like Tuesday with ease.

A protest by farmers that lasted for days at the Indochina intersection in Phitsanulok has ended in tears.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Unpaid-rice-farmers-allege-intimidation-as-protest-30225548.html

Regime sends "red shirt" enforcers to threaten farmers and their families for protesting 6 months of unpaid subsidies - smashing the myth of "rural support."

http://altthainews.blogspot.se/2014/01/thailand-thaksin-regime-turns-on-its.html

So, she endorsed a populist policy of attempting to globally drive up the price of rice by stockpiling and therefore creating hardship for millions of people throughout the world. This "gambling" of Thai tax payers money was a stupid promise that "everyone" (including the poor rice farmers) would make fortunes in Thailand.

Well, it was a ridiculous gamble, it didn't work and although many high ranking officials lined their pockets it did nothing for the poor except create huge problems when the government could not pay the farmers for the rice on time.

This all happened whilst on her watch, it has cost billions of baht, lots of hardship and it crippled the rice industry in Thailand knocking it off its number 1 spot.

There are many that have made money for sure, and we still never heard what happened to the rice pile and the real losses incurred.

In addition to this (as if it wasn't enough) there were many false statements coming form the government about how they had done Government to Government deals with China to offload tons of rice which was a complete lie.

The woman may or may not have benefited from this financially but many did, the poor suffered and the tax payer is fitting the bill for her gambling losses..

She deserves all she gets.

And again, and again, and again you conveniently ignore why action is being taken.

What's your next boring oft repeated post(s)? Let me guess : 'But she's really a nice lady, she really loves her brother.'

Not at all. If the price had stayed the same or increased the scheme could have broken even as was planned, thereby requiring no state funding. In the late 70's, early 80's the NZ government spent billions of taxpayers $$ on its Think Big scheme to become energy self sufficient. Of course the price of oil fell drastically and bankrupted the entire scheme. PM didn't have to pay a penny, but was ousted comprehensively in this next election.

The Shins had clever PR - cash hand outs when required to the local leaders, headmen etc. As do many political parties in many Asian countries. Clan loyalty and played up the demonizing of the opposition. Same again as many political parties in many countries do.

Now, remember all the poor farmers were going to be rich within 6 months; all would prosper with "cheap" loans and more easily available credit; the more expensive fertilizer, land rentals, seed costs, pesticides would be well worth the investment and they'd all get better off thanks to the rice scheme; their kids would all get nice tablets "just like Yingluck's"; all the farmers were to be paid "next week" etc etc etc. Yes - the Shins exploited the farmers and others by lying, and lying and lying. So YL and Thaki might not be so well loved as you think. Social media is a good informer - and not just Yingluck's FB page.

Facetious - care to explain that one Eric?

ah yes we ignore it's all political sorry

what's your next boring oft repeated post(s)? let me guess : it's all about RICE clap2.gif

what's your next boring oft repeated post(s)? let me guess : it's all about RICE clap2.gif

Wrong,,, it's all about criminal dereliction of duty.

There is no doubt this military government is bias against everything the last government has done, but turn a blind eye to the Democratic Party, the unlawful protesters and the current policies that in the future will raise the debt of this country more than what the rice scheme did.

Bias ?? ..Use a bit of Intelligence. But then, it is a typical Mango Bob Post which is "same-same" and boring. Time to move on

Coming from the expert on boring oft repeated posts ??