Which gogo bars Walking Street do you recommend ?

thairookie

Sensations because unless you're Japanese or Korean its highly unlikely if you dont know any of the Girls that they would sit with you

Flashing the cash normally does the trick!

I know quite generous people who have been snubbed in there. As you said, "normally", but not always.

I can go into most Go Go's smile as I do and am surrounded. In Sensations I can barely raise a smile out of anyone these days !! So mechanical in there but for the OP ideal as its highly unlikely he'll be pushed for drinks unless he's a colossal stud muffin

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a go-go bars in WS & LK Metro are rubbish. Guys do not, in the main, frequent such places to merely ogle girls; they want some áttention'; they want a lady to 'take care''of them for 20 minutes or so. It should cost a lady-drink & if the girl is friendly enough she can earn a 100 baht tip.

In most of the above, it is not uncommon to see 7 or 8 farang customers sitting alone whilst 8 or 9 girls sit gossiping in a corner. Eventually the customer gets bored & the bar loses a potential 1000 baht in drinks, not to mention prospective future money as they decide to go elsewhere.

One simple adage can quadruple profits: No Farang drinks alone.

But who's to know if those "7 or 8 farang customers sitting alone" are regulars that either gave up or never indulged in the foreplay of buying a lady drink and playing, "What's your name...?" They are probably known by the "8 or 9 girls gossiping in the corner" as cheap charlies, nursing their tepid draft Changs and trying to cop a free feel of the passing firmware.

I venture into the 'bright side' once in a blue moon. Last month I went down LK Metro with a mate who similarly doesn't over indulge in the gogo scene. We picked a bar that had been recommended by another, more regular "firmware expert" and we had an absolute blast with a bevy of girls and waitresses that had never seen us before and probably never will see us again. To keep it fresh, the punter needs to keep it fresh and that's hard to do when you visit the same traps every day and don't drop any cash for the niceties of distaff company.

I'm addressing Mikebell's comment here:

Mike, on the whole customers don't want to have girls coming up and pressuring them for lady's drinks. They want to examine the goods and choose who they're going to spend money on. You'll find a lot of locals "sitting alone" are particularly fussy (been here a long time so have higher standards) and will only buy drinks when they find something special.

Personally I dislike girls being too "friendly". Each to their own, but your suggestions will not make more money for bars, but rather chase customers away. Bars such as Sensations, where girls won't bother you unless you want to be bothered, do very well. You also have to realise there are punters from all over the planet barhopping here. A lot of nationalities are not so friendly. Many customers are the "point n' pay" type and don't require a lot of pre-interaction. Remember these bars are glorified brothels... a lot of people forget that.

a go-go bars in WS & LK Metro are rubbish.

No.

Guys do not, in the main, frequent such places to merely ogle girls; they want some áttention'; they want a lady to 'take care''of them for 20 minutes or so. It should cost a lady-drink & if the girl is friendly enough she can earn a 100 baht tip.

In the main, perhaps. Tourists and noobs are certainly in the main. Me, I don't need no "taking care of" while I'm just having a drink, checking things out, maybe talking to a friend, and listening to music (if by chance listenable).

In fact the ladies are so much more attractive if they don't talk at all and we don't have that inane conversation for the 1000th time that interests neither of us. Then imagination can work better.

In most of the above, it is not uncommon to see 7 or 8 farang customers sitting alone whilst 8 or 9 girls sit gossiping in a corner. Eventually the customer gets bored & the bar loses a potential 1000 baht in drinks, not to mention prospective future money as they decide to go elsewhere.

No, just the opposite. I'll leave a lot faster if the ladies start boring me with their "attention." I don't intend to buy any ladies drinks unless I'm mightily impressed. And that rarely ever happens after I've lived in Pattaya such a long time. It's just as much a business for me as it is for them.

Well if my polite refusal is accepted (in Thai, with several variations, such as I have a mia luang quite skillful in knife fights and 2 mia nois I earlier had to service and pay) then I might stay for another drink or two. smile.png

The ladies don't much expect a local to throw money at them. And I do look and act the part. wink.png So most of the time, fortunately, they stay away and gravitate to those who look and act more like tourists or Big Spenders who'll be thrilled to be "taken care of."

Edited by JSixpack

Oh well, different strokes I guess. On the few occasions when I want to ogle T&A, I typically tell the waitress to get a drink for herself. That gets you 'company' while you scope the less dressed demimondaines since it may take a few dance rotations before the nights inventory has been fully assessed. The last thing I do is sit down, order a drink and sit po-faced, solitary and reeking of eau de 'do not disturb'. Beyond the hard-core 'mechanics' (easily spotted and best avoided) most of the girls, especially the newer ones, want a bit of fun. If you make it obvious from the get-go that you are the uber-selective sort of punter, you could be mistaken for a tightwad and may well miss out on the 'pleasant company' that you desire.

For those who are more intent on taking the night beyond what we can talk about here, go ahead and keep the 500 or so baht that the cumulative nights 'no lady drinks' may have saved you and spend it on a kebab and a Chang as you wander home, alone. Again.

Edited by NanLaew

... Me, I don't need no "taking care of" while I'm just having a drink, checking things out, maybe talking to a friend, and listening to music (if by chance listenable). ...

Love ya ta death J6 but for the love of kerist your assertion of going to a gogo for "... just having a drink, checking things out, maybe talking to a friend, and listening to music..." Really? That's gotta be right up there with the, "I'm only in Thailand for the temples."

I know, I know... I have seen the young digital pikeys with their laptops, sitting at the best tables in the 'gentlemen's clubs' most afternoons with the excuses for choosing such a venue being that the air conditioning is better or the internet is faster. It's the munters that insist on wearing their shades inside that I find the funniest.

Anyway, that cheered me up no end this Monday morning.

... Me, I don't need no "taking care of" while I'm just having a drink, checking things out, maybe talking to a friend, and listening to music (if by chance listenable). ...

Love ya ta death J6 but for the love of kerist your assertion of going to a gogo for "... just having a drink, checking things out, maybe talking to a friend, and listening to music..." Really? That's gotta be right up there with the, "I'm only in Thailand for the temples."

When FOB, I thought as you do. In fact I really do enjoy scenery as scenery, free of hassle. Part of that scenery BTW is watching the ladies make fools of the punters, always brings a smile. I know the go-go scene very, very well, used to live a few blocks from Walking Street. So if I'm really impressed, I'll buy a drink and have the conversation or we might just leave together right then. If not, I move on. Hard to beat my regulars anyway. smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

I know, I know... I have seen the young digital pikeys with their laptops, sitting at the best tables in the 'gentlemen's clubs' most afternoons with the excuses for choosing such a venue being that the air conditioning is better or the internet is faster. It's the munters that insist on wearing their shades inside that I find the funniest.

Anyway, that cheered me up no end this Monday morning.

Digital pikeys......love it LOL

Posted via Tapatalk

Some good info here. I was a local for three years and I enjoy the go gos one or twice a year. I do spend money on the girls drinks and I have always had a good to great time. I dont know how to get the girls without spending money

Some good info here. I was a local for three years and I enjoy the go gos one or twice a year. I do spend money on the girls drinks and I have always had a good to great time. I dont know how to get the girls without spending money

LOL> it's always going to cost you. All you can control is how much.smile.png

Sugar Baby and Electric Blue are my two favourites.

Finally! After only 10 posts, thanks. Though I think the title should be '...W.S. do you recommend and WHY?' So feel free to add the why for these two.

Sugar Baby and Electric Blue are my two favourites.

Finally! After only 10 posts, thanks. Though I think the title should be '...W.S. do you recommend and WHY?' So feel free to add the why for these two.

Sugarbaby has a popular farang manager who does his best to ensure customers are looked after well. This goes some way to explaining its popularity but not all customers go to gogo bars for the same reasons.

Baccara has recently started having female hostesses who will try to coax you into buying ping pong balls for the girls on the bar top.

I am not of their actual role as there seem too many of them. You really don't need that many to sell ping pong balls.

Baccara has recently started having female hostesses who will try to coax you into buying ping pong balls for the girls on the bar top.

I am not of their actual role as there seem too many of them. You really don't need that many to sell ping pong balls.

Baccara has always had hostesses and part of their job is to sell pingpong balls. They provide other services as well.

Baccara has always had hostesses and part of their job is to sell pingpong balls. They provide other services as well.
. I like the glass floor upstairs, and crew in cheerleader skirts

• 1 month later...

Recovering after 3 nights in Pattaya.

Sugar Baby is still doing the business. Had a great time in there.

Crazy House has loads of girls, no pressure and had a great time in there.

Disappointed with Baby Dolls on Soi 15. Only a few girls and as soon as we had ordered drinks, girls sat next to us and started asking for drinks. Stayed long enough to neck the whisky, pay and go.

Silver lining was Imagine on Soi 15. Went in after Baby Dolls and had a fantastic night. Lots of quality girls, several mini shows, pole dancers and no pressure.

Disappointed with Baby Dolls on Soi 15. Only a few girls and as soon as we had ordered drinks, girls sat next to us and started asking for drinks. Stayed long enough to neck the whisky, pay and go.

Silver lining was Imagine on Soi 15. Went in after Baby Dolls and had a fantastic night. Lots of quality girls, several mini shows, pole dancers and no pressure.

Baby Dolls use to be my go to place a few years ago when Rick managed it. Now it is run by brutal management. Windmill has much better atmosphere for that type of AGoGo.

Baby Dolls use to be my go to place a few years ago when Rick managed it. Now it is run by brutal management. Windmill has much better atmosphere for that type of AGoGo.

That's the first time I've heard Larry described as "brutal"! He generally wins "most popular bar manager" polls.

a go-go bars in WS & LK Metro are rubbish. Guys do not, in the main, frequent such places to merely ogle girls; they want some áttention'; they want a lady to 'take care''of them for 20 minutes or so. It should cost a lady-drink & if the girl is friendly enough she can earn a 100 baht tip.

But who's to know if those "7 or 8 farang customers sitting alone" are regulars that either gave up or never indulged in the foreplay of buying a lady drink and playing, "What's your name...?" They are probably known by the "8 or 9 girls gossiping in the corner" as cheap charlies, nursing their tepid draft Changs and trying to cop a free feel of the passing firmware.

I venture into the 'bright side' once in a blue moon. Last month I went down LK Metro with a mate who similarly doesn't over indulge in the gogo scene. We picked a bar that had been recommended by another, more regular "firmware expert" and we had an absolute blast with a bevy of girls and waitresses that had never seen us before and probably never will see us again. To keep it fresh, the punter needs to keep it fresh and that's hard to do when you visit the same traps every day and don't drop any cash for the niceties of distaff company.

I'm addressing Mikebell's comment here:

Mike, on the whole customers don't want to have girls coming up and pressuring them for lady's drinks. They want to examine the goods and choose who they're going to spend money on. You'll find a lot of locals "sitting alone" are particularly fussy (been here a long time so have higher standards) and will only buy drinks when they find something special.

Personally I dislike girls being too "friendly". Each to their own, but your suggestions will not make more money for bars, but rather chase customers away. Bars such as Sensations, where girls won't bother you unless you want to be bothered, do very well. You also have to realise there are punters from all over the planet barhopping here. A lot of nationalities are not so friendly. Many customers are the "point n' pay" type and don't require a lot of pre-interaction. Remember these bars are glorified brothels... a lot of people forget that.

That's me.

That's the first time I've heard Larry described as "brutal"! He generally wins "most popular bar manager" polls.

Is he the "Customer Relations Manager" who told me it wasn't his job to get involved in transactions when the mamasan says 90 minute bar fines for service girls on dead nights? That guy has a lot of friends but few customers compared to the old management.

Is he the "Customer Relations Manager" who told me it wasn't his job to get involved in transactions when the mamasan says 90 minute bar fines for service girls on dead nights? That guy has a lot of friends but few customers compared to the old management.

How do you expect gogo bars to provide good service, if all their service girls are barfined?

• 2 months later...

Back in Pattaya again and have another gogo to add to the list.

Spice club on Soi15.

Had a great time in there last night. Feel like s**t today, way too much vodka, but will be going back to the Spice Club soon.

<snip>

Edited by Jai Dee

On ‎18‎.‎11‎.‎2015 at 10:43 AM, mikebell said:

I have to disagree. I pay the extra on drinks to look at them on the stage. I don't want girls sitting with me just to get money. If I want more I want to choose the young lady, not have a line of girls I'm not interested in distracting me from the main attraction.

if the girl is friendly enough she can earn a 100 baht tip

I can only imagine what they do to earn a tip that large on top of a lady drink. Back in the day I used to offer one I liked 20 baht to sit with me a while to see just how much I liked them, as that's what they got from a lady drink, and it saved me the extra.

If guys are throwing money at them like you say, it's no wonder they think they deserve so much, and the mongers are staying away in droves.

What drove me crazy was the way when I bought the young lady a drink, it was followed almost instantaneously by "I go dance now", which is why I don't buy them drinks anymore.

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have to disagree. I pay the extra on drinks to look at them on the stage. I don't want girls sitting with me just to get money. If I want more I want to choose the young lady, not have a line of girls I'm not interested in distracting me from the main attraction.

if the girl is friendly enough she can earn a 100 baht tip

I can only imagine what they do to earn a tip that large on top of a lady drink. Back in the day I used to offer one I liked 20 baht to sit with me a while to see just how much I liked them, as that's what they got from a lady drink, and it saved me the extra.

If guys are throwing money at them like you say, it's no wonder they think they deserve so much, and the mongers are staying away in droves.

What drove me crazy was the way when I bought the young lady a drink, it was followed almost instantaneously by "I go dance now", which is why I don't buy them drinks anymore.

Exactly why i don't buy LDs anymore. I only go to a go gos to look now. I am not paying 150 baht for a lady to sit with me for 2 minutes then "go dance".

On Saturday, June 04, 2016 at 1:45 PM, GaryB7471 said:

Licking your eyebrows can sometimes get you attention.

On Saturday, June 04, 2016 at 1:45 PM, GaryB7471 said:

Licking your eyebrows can sometimes get you attention.

There's something wrong with the post function. When I want to reply to anotheeR post I can only get the previous post I've made.

Edit: And I'm not able to edit incorrect text

Edited by PattayaParent

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 11:45 AM, pegman said:

Now it's working!!

Ricky has always known how to keep the punters happy from his early days in Nana Plaza through his variuos incarnations in Soi Diamond and off Walking Street. Any place he's in is recommended.

Spoke too soon, can't edit various.

Decent suggestions on here.  I live here also and don't go much as my goals can be reached through much better venues.

Electric Blue is my favorite.  Sugar baby and Windmill are the same owners are fun. Baccara good looking girls and they do not bother Falang.

But, I will tell you a place I do not recommend now is Angelwitch. They also owned Ametheyst at LK but that went out of business.  No surprise.  Angelwitch is very dead from my last few experiences and the show has gone way downhill.  Do not go by yourself or even with a buddy because many girls will immediately come over and want drinks.  Last time I counted 11 girls dancing, and 7 service girls and only 5 customers.Too bad it use to be good but I bet they must be hurting now.

On 10/13/2016 at 7:51 AM, Henryford said:

Exactly why i don't buy LDs anymore. I only go to a go gos to look now. I am not paying 150 baht for a lady to sit with me for 2 minutes then "go dance".

Most of them will order shooters anyway, so after 10 seconds there is no more reason to sit with you unless you buy more. If you want them to order sit down drinks, you'll have to mention that when they order as most will default to shooters.

To avoid the "go dance" in 2 minutes problem, get them when they just finish their dancing set. When it's their turn to dance they have to dance - this is just how it works.

These days it's the ladies who are in control, not the customers.

8 hours ago, tropo said:

Most of them will order shooters anyway, so after 10 seconds there is no more reason to sit with you unless you buy more. If you want them to order sit down drinks, you'll have to mention that when they order as most will default to shooters.

To avoid the "go dance" in 2 minutes problem, get them when they just finish their dancing set. When it's their turn to dance they have to dance - this is just how it works.

These days it's the ladies who are in control, not the customers.

get them when they just finish their dancing set

LOL. Back in the day it didn't matter when I bought them a drink, it was always "I go dance now". Just offering 20 baht did the trick ( that really was a long time ago ) to get them to stay.

The last time I bought a dancer a lady drink was in SuperBaby many years ago. She had been dancing ages and I thought she'd be sitting down soon, but half an hour later still dancing in the shower. I left and didn't leave a tip.