Rajabhakti Park: General Paiboon challenges Pheu Thai to produce evidences

Jonathan Fairfield

Rajabhakti Park: General Paiboon challenges Pheu Thai to produce evidences

275-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK:-- Justice Minister Paiboon Kumchaya on Friday challenged the Pheu Thai party to produce evidences to back up its allegation of corruption in the construction of the Rajabhakti Park project in Hua Hin.

“If the Pheu Thai party has the evidences clearly implicating any individuals, show them to me and I will order an investigation instead of imagining like the way the media do almost on daily basis,” said General Paiboon.

The justice minister complained that it was unfair to hold the government or the National Council for Peace and Order accountable for the alleged irregularities in the park project because the project was initiated by the army.

If some individuals are at fault, they should be held accountable instead of blaming everything on the government, said General Paiboon.

He hit back at the Pheu Thai party calling the party to look back at its government’s past record for abetting widespread corruption.

Asked by reporters about the demand by the Pheu Thai party to revive investigation into the army’s procurement of GT 200 bomb detectors and air ships for use in the Deep South, the justice minister answered back asking whether the procurement took place when the party was in the government and why the government them did nothing about them.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-21

Given the fact that the amulet dealer and a military officer have done a runner since being outed, that alone should require an indepth investigation, but NOT by the military. What is needed is an independent civilian organization with FULL authority to order the military to comply with their needs in the investigation.

The justice minister complained that it was unfair to hold the government or the National Council for Peace and Order accountable for the alleged irregularities in the park project because the project was initiated by the army.

In most countries the army is a government institution and therefore the government is accountable for the army, but maybe not in Thailand, Mr. Justice Minister General?

In most countries the army is a government institution and therefore the government is accountable for the army, but maybe not in Thailand, Mr. Justice Minister General?

Euhhhh agree, but...

One could also say: In Thailand the government is an army institution.

If the PTP has evidence use it. Seems simple enough. If they have it why not show it.

I think you forgot that the army already acknowledge that the foundries had to pay bribes but because these bribes was paid back to the parks foundation as donations, no corruption has taken place. It now depends on your definition of corruption, but according to me giving back the bribes doesn't nullify the corruption that took place. The second point PTP made was that the government was attempting to separate itself from the park but they used government funds (army budget money) to build the park and then as the donations came in the army's money was replaced. Different government departments was also involved in the opening of the park. My question to you is why the NACC hasn't started to do an independent investigation into the park ? I think you and me both know the answer.

If the PTP has evidence use it. Seems simple enough. If they have it why not show it.

If there's nothing isn't it standard operating procedure here to just allude to things and say it will be produced later ?

Chalerm was a case in point.

Because whoever shows it will probably end up charged with LM, Sedition or come to an untimely death....

Why don't they just ask the head of the scheme? He is the deputy defence minister......

I am sure your flippant attitude on this would be somewhat different if it was the PTP Govt. I don't recall you ever having a problem throwing allegations around previously without evidence.

Because whoever shows it will probably end up charged with LM, Sedition or come to an untimely death....

Why don't they just ask the head of the scheme? He is the deputy defence minister......

I am sure your flippant attitude on this would be somewhat different if it was the PTP Govt. I don't recall you ever having a problem throwing allegations around previously without evidence.

No i would require the same from the democrats if you say something then back it up.

And the guy who said something about bribes from the foundry i agree giving it back does not make it good.

So show the evidence and if its strong enough they have to take action. I hate corruption on any side nut just saying something and not backing it up will lead to nothing. So either shut up or put the evidence up.

Never show your hand until the right moment.

Yingluck may have a smoking gun in her very expensice Hermes bag when in court.

If she thinks to bring this up it would be stupid the cases are not related. And if you don't want to bring your evidence up then don't talk about it

"The justice minister complained that it was unfair to hold the government or the National Council for Peace and Order accountable for the alleged irregularities in the park project because the project was initiated by the army".

But isn't the army heading the government?

It isn't unfair to keep Yingluck accountable for the irregularities in the rice pledging scheme that was initiated by the government?

When I ask my Thai wife about Thai logic she says: "You give me a headache!"

The latest is that the Army, after having investigated itself, reports there to have been no corruption at all and certainly no need for any other agency to investigate them.

You would think the gullible, pro-junta types on TV who take the Army's claimed goal of reform at face value would wake up on this news see the reform stance as the patent propaganda it is, the military being the most corrupt organization in the country. But that would be asking too much, I am sure.

No i would require the same from the democrats if you say something then back it up.

And the guy who said something about bribes from the foundry i agree giving it back does not make it good.

So show the evidence and if its strong enough they have to take action. I hate corruption on any side nut just saying something and not backing it up will lead to nothing. So either shut up or put the evidence up.

what you and the others are forgetting is that it is not the job of the PTP (or the Dems, etc) to investigate the corruption. In any NORMAL situation/country, that would be done by a (truly) independent investigative body.

In Thailand, that is not the case. The military gets to investigate itself, and the news came out finally that the military is squeaky clean.

What an amazing surprise...

so wait a second, don't blame the junta for things that the army did... cheesy.gif
If some individuals are at fault, they should be held accountable instead of blaming everything on the government, said General Paiboon.

Now, seriously, did the Generals have that same position on government responsibility on May 21st 2014? whistling.gif

You admit the corruption to which they confessed and demand more evidence.

That's fallacious, illogical and laughable.

post-112254-0-05554500-1448082002_thumb.

Edited by FangFerang

You admit the corruption to which they confessed and demand more evidence.

That's fallacious, illogical and laughable.

Not admitting to anything im saying that just paying back corruption money should not get them off the hook. But if this is all then say so. Because now it looks like they have proof about more.

If they do bring it on i would love to see any corruption punished. I make no distinction between who commits it. If you look back you will see me cheering when corrupt democrats go down too.

Something i dont see many at your side do they seem intent on only going after the other side. (talking about Thaivisa members)

I would love to see the corrupt army guys punished that is part of the reason i want them to show their evidence.

Anyway if you say something you better proof it the democrats showed rotting rice and were accused of stealing by the PTP instead of doing anything.

Any Government,Armed forces and,Local Government projects involving

money will have an element of corruption,they just cannot help themselves.

regards worgeordie

But the military took power on an anti-corruption ticket with oodles of sanctimony.