Round-Up, or Local Equivalent?

NanLaew

I need some for selective zapping of the tough little weeds that keep popping up around the cracks where the cement from the driveway meets the street at the front gate.

Any clues? Not seen in the usual places with small garden sections such as Homeworks, Homepro, etc..

I'm not sure what you want. With herbicides the term "selective" means it kills just one type of plant. Weedmaster is selective in that it kills broadleaf plants but doesn't hurt grass, for instance. A non-selective herbicide like Roundup kills most plants it come into contact with.

The patent on Roundup has long since expired and there are generics that are much cheaper but contain the same chemicals. Roundup is typically 41% Glyphosate, and I buy a generic called Eraser that is also 41% Glyphosate. It works the same. I put 3 US ounces in 1 US gallon with the 41%. That's 3 parts product and 128 parts water if you want to do the math, especially if you find something other than 41%.

Cheers.

I'm not sure what you want. With herbicides the term "selective" means it kills just one type of plant. Weedmaster is selective in that it kills broadleaf plants but doesn't hurt grass, for instance. A non-selective herbicide like Roundup kills most plants it come into contact with.

The patent on Roundup has long since expired and there are generics that are much cheaper but contain the same chemicals. Roundup is typically 41% Glyphosate, and I buy a generic called Eraser that is also 41% Glyphosate. It works the same. I put 3 US ounces in 1 US gallon with the 41%. That's 3 parts product and 128 parts water if you want to do the math, especially if you find something other than 41%.

Cheers.

You do NOT put 3 US ounces to one gallon. Anybody have a US measure? It is 2 to 4 dl to a 10 gallon tank, 20 to 40 ml to the litre.

The name glyphosate is written in English on the product, usually to be found on the bottom shelf so that thirsty kids can have a swig.

How much is the cheapest to kill any kind of green ? Thanks.

Try Sodium Chlorate (but don't mix it with sugar!!) Kills anything green through leaf and root contact.

Some trade names for products containing sodium chlorate include Atlacide, Defol, De-Fol-Ate, Drop-Leaf, Fall, Harvest-Aid, Kusatol, Leafex, and Tumbleaf.

instead of pouring mad dangerous chemicals all over the shop...just pour boiling water with some salt directly onto the base of the plant/weed you want to kill. Standard electric kettle full dribbled onto the plant and its base.

Nothing easier than dashing down to the bottom of your garden with a kettle of boiling water and treating a 20 square metres of weeds. Mad dangerous chemicals? Try cutting down on the use of petrol, that might be more significant.