How soon can I request a house number/tabian baan for a new house?

Building a new house and want to get the electricity and water connected as soon as possible. I know I have to get a house number/tabian baan in order to connect utilities. Can I do that before the house is completely finished? At this time, roof and walls are done. Still doing the windows and floors.

For permanent supply you need the blue book, dependant upon local rules you can get that once you have doors and outside paint (or a working loo). Talk to your local ampur office.

Dependant upon your local power company you will have to have a wiring 'inspection' before they'll connect permanent power.

It depends on your local Amphur. This is what our house looked like when we got the blue tabien bahn

post-5469-0-34860000-1448442179_thumb.jp

No doors/windows/ceilings or working toilet, basically just a shell.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

Thanks for all replies above.

For anyone interested, these are the documents generally needed to request a new house number/tabian baan at the amphur/tessabaan office:

1. Form ท.ร.9 Issued by your local poo yai baan or kamnan.

2. Copy of ID card and tabian baan of applicant.

3. Evidence of house ownership e.g. title deed, น.ส.3, or ส.ป.ก

4. Building permit or building certificate.

5. Photos (4) of the finished house - front, back, left side and right side.

The poo yai bann or kamnan needs to go with you to the amphur office

The OP is obviously in a situation, out of town.

Within the town, the engineer based at the Tessabhan overseas the project.

He will issue a note advising the section of the Tessabhan that deals with house books to issue one.

All can be speeded up depending on how generous you are.

We provided no forms. And a few months I transferred my yellow book from the old Bahn to the new one.

Regards

The house has to be 75% complete before you can make the application.

My house was only 10% complete

I went to visit my local puyai baan and asked if he could process the forms for me.

We joked about how I have hairy arms, I said iam just like a monkey he and his wife thought I was funny and couldn't believe that I could joke around in southern Thai dialect.

His wife made a Thai desert for me, he then said leave it to me and I will sort it out, mai ploo, as they say in the south( gave him a copy of my id)

I had my yellow book in less than two weeks and no tea money required.

I went to visit my local puyai baan and asked if he could process the forms for me.

We joked about how I have hairy arms, I said iam just like a monkey he and his wife thought I was funny and couldn't believe that I could joke around in southern Thai dialect.

His wife made a Thai desert for me, he then said leave it to me and I will sort it out, mai ploo, as they say in the south( gave him a copy of my id)

OP is asking about the blue thabian baan.

Top tip, make sure your new house is registered with the post office or you will not receive international mail. It took two years before I figured that one out. I believe the ampur is supposed to do this... But in my case they didn't.

We got our blue and yellow book before first post was in the ground electric and water was on site before foundation posts which was great as the neighbour whom we were going to use for electric supply started using his two aircon 24/7 when he thought we were going to pay his electric bill. Shame I would love to have seen his bill his face was a picture when we got supply sorted before we needed his PS Khon Kaen

Edited by Sutty

Oh Sorry! my mistake,

One question, If I may, why would you want a blue tabian Baan, When a farung can apply for a Yellow Tabien Baan? which states that he is the owner and resident of that building, he also requires a 30 year lease agreement with the registered owner of the land, which is then recorded on the Chanote with his name printed on the chanote also.

Not trying to be smart, but just curious?

Please advise.

Oh Sorry! my mistake,

One question, If I may, why would you want a blue tabian Baan, When a farung can apply for a Yellow Tabien Baan? which states that he is the owner and resident of that building, he also requires a 30 year lease agreement with the registered owner of the land, which is then recorded on the Chanote with his name printed on the chanote also.

Not trying to be smart, but just curious?

Please advise.

To my knowledge Blue Book follows the house and register Thai nationals, Yellow Book only state aliens – you can have a Blue House Book with no names registered, and foreign residents names in the Yellow Book.
A House Book – Blue or Yellow – is no proof of ownership, but a name may be mentioned as something like “master of the household”.
Ownership of land and/or house is registered at Land Office, however a house can have a different owner, including an alien (farang), than the land, if land + house are not already registered together. For a new build house proof of ownership – to my knowledge, and how I was advised to do when seeking permission for building my house – is name on building permission (that may need a permission from land owner, if not same) and architect drawings; however, normally advised to keep al construction contracts, money transfers and bills, carrying owners name, as proof also.