Six-meter-long snake found under Phuket home

webfact

Six-meter-long snake found under Phuket home
Phuket Gazette

sn.jpeg
It took several rescue workers to remove the snake. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A monster python, six-meters long, was caught trying to beat the heat under a Samkong residence’s house this afternoon.

“The snake was found in the cool dirt under the house,” Watchara Srikacha, a Kusoldharm rescue worker, told the Phuket Gazette. “We suspect that it was looking for a safe place to avoid the sun.”

It took several rescue workers about 20 minutes to remove the 60-kilogram snake from under the house.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Sixmeterlong-snake-found-Phuket-home/62462?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-11-27

Should keep your home free of rats (cats, dogs, and small children also).

My wife would freak seeing a snake that large around the house (I would probably get a little freaky also). Heck, she freaks out when she sees a small snake once or twice a year in the bushes around our home...and that snake is 10 times more scared than her as the snake tries to escape as fast as it can.

I had one of about that length, but probably a bit fatter (12" diameter) fall through my bedroom ceiling at about 3 am many moons ago. Whilst arresting a large python, the trick is to keep it as straight as possible. Their muscles are powerful, but only when they can bend. Once heading into a large sack, the python becomes passive.

Edited by catterwell

I hope they found a proper place to release it. Seems to me that big bugger has so far led a long life. It would be a shame if it ended up on a dinner plate.

The snake was released at the Khao Phra Thaew Wildlife Sanctuary in Thalang.

I had one of about that length, but probably a bit fatter (12" diameter) fall through my bedroom ceiling at about 3 am many moons ago. Whilst arresting a large python, the trick is to keep it as straight as possible. Their muscles are powerful, but only when they can bend. Once heading into a large sack, the python becomes passive.

Well written, I would like to say the trick is to get the hell out there straight away if possible.hahah

Now thats a story to tell at parties.

I love snakes but if one that size fell through my roof at 3 in the morning there would be an instant reversal of positions as it would be laying next to my wife and I would hit the F______ing roof.

6 meters is 19.6 feet long.

And to think...Pythons can grow to be as long as 30 feet = 9.14 meters...yikes.

Not so often but they do if they are well fed and or some other factors are favorable.

Some say a large snake in the range of 25 feet or more can eat a full grown human being while others say no way....supposedly the shoulders are too wide......hmmmm...but I doubt that would stop the snake from attempting to swallow a human.

I tend to believe a large snake like that could eat a full grown human considering the variety of larger animals they have been known to trap and swallow.

If that sucker is real hungry then I am certain a large snake can swallow a full grown human.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy