Android boxes and the like.

Deserted

Hi, can I ask how good is stalker? I was considering it when they started to charge but ive read on a dedicated forum that the service was unreliable and buffering a lot, especially for watching football.

At present I use acestream, I find it more reliable than kodi.

Best regards

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are also other paid subs, but I've never found Stalker anything but completely dependable. Also have it on my phone and tablets.

Is your stalker naps, rocket or iks66?

And did you have to buy 3 separate subscriptions for tv, phone and tablet?

Hi, can I ask how good is stalker? I was considering it when they started to charge but ive read on a dedicated forum that the service was unreliable and buffering a lot, especially for watching football.

At present I use acestream, I find it more reliable than kodi.

Best regards

I can best describe it as 'temperamental'…when its good it really is very good. They say they are constatntly working to make it better, and I believe them.

Yes many have complained about buffering but i suspect most are from the US and central america where a lot of people are streaming all at once. The servers are in belize where the average internet speeds are something like 16Mbps.

However I get a stable and decent quality stream 99% of the time.

There is a advanced settings file you have to download and instal inside your kodi backend folders…it reduces the buffering to tolerable levels.

When you break it down to a monthly fee its about usd8.50 a month….thats a couple of beers….so well worth having it.

The initial connection is a real trial though as they have all sorts of settings to fill in and many get thoroughly confused….but once you get those, you're away.

Which add-on do you install for stalker?

The subscription channels can be viewed using

Set Top Boxes using Stalker 'middleware'

MAG 250 linux

MAG 254 linux

AVOV TVOnline +/2 or VIXO2 android box

Kodi Software 'stalker' addons

(Video add-on)

IPTV Stalker

(PVR Client)

PVR Stalker NFPS

PVR Stalker (0.8.4) with epg.ninja

IPTV Stalker Modification (9.0.21) and iVue Guide
PVR IPTV Simple Client w/ IPTV Stalker and epg.ninja
Sideload apk for Android Box (ARM/x86)
IPTV StbEmu Release thread - General version by mvas

I hook mine up using the pvr stalker client (0.8.4 by dvb ken) built into Kodi….works like a treat on an android minix box….the epg guide by ninja is great too.

Ilikehd .. probably the best but still mediocre experience. Channels not available, out of sync, freeze .. things you might experience every day. The movies and TV series are ok, but it's illegal stuff.

So why would one pay a fee for using an illegal service?

In my case, reliability.

My post was a response to Sniffdog's experience with Ilikehd, and I hardly can call it reliable what he commented.

You don't need an Android box if your PC and Tv ,have HDMI connections,

just buy a HDMI cable and stream from PC to Tv, thats what I do.

regards Worgeordie

You can buy and Android box a lot cheaper than a PC. Why tie up the PC for this?

Loads of free streams available via Kodi add-ons and all of them free. I haven't paid for any and watching Sky Sports 2 Live on it now. The pink balls do show well.

There are also other paid subs, but I've never found Stalker anything but completely dependable. Also have it on my phone and tablets.

Is your stalker naps, rocket or iks66?

And did you have to buy 3 separate subscriptions for tv, phone and tablet?

You don't have to, but in order to switch devices you have to go online and reassign MAC addresses.

I have one assigned for a box at home, and another one that I share between a box in my office and my tablets (I'm rarely using them simultaneously).

I use NFPS.

The only time I see buffering is the 3pm footy games, I suspect because of all the leechers.

I watched all the cricket today uninterrupted.

That's on a 2Mbps ADSL line as well.

I'm more than happy with it.

Ok, I have tested every type of box here in Thailand. Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Android Box (Minix, OTT, Generic, Matricom etc etc).

Apple TV is very limited, Roku is useless, Amazon Fire is excellent if hacked and other software installed.

A good Android box is the best option by far. Get something with 2gb Ram and Quad Core processor and Quad Core graphics. Most of the good generic boxes (MXQ etc) are based on Analogic chipset which is OK. Branded boxes like the later Matricom Quad Core or Minix boxes are a safe bet.

Actually, choosing the box is the easy bit, its the software that gets tricky. Yes anyone can demonstrate a working box but the pirate (free) software is always changing and channels go down all the time, its better to go for official apps on Kodi (aka XBMC) which update themselves regularly which means you will NEED a VPN, they only cost from 150 baht per month if you pay for the year with something like PIA VPN.

With a VPN and a decent box there is lots to watch, both live and catch-up. If you need all the sports channels you should look at Expat Premium service, but beware that the app will not run on all boxes (it will run on MXQ and Minix boxes though). The Expat premium will cost you a monthly subscription but its very good.

Lots of people buy boxes that are "loaded" with free apps, but mostly they do not work or only work for a couple of weeks before they need updating. Some free apps (Modbro, Filmon, etc) are OK but can be hit and miss with buffering even on good connections.

Lastly, yes you need a good solid connection to the internet. If you internet costs less than about 1200 baht a month it probably won't work.. yes I know the speed test suggests that it will, but in the real world those speed tests mean nothing.

Good luck, if you are buying a box and setting it up yourself you need lots of luck and a LOT of time.

Excellent thread, I usually stream things the day after they've aired & highly recommend the Minix boxes (I have the X7), but recently I've just been using http://www.alluc.ee/ to stream stuff without using a box (though if I want to watch it on the TV, I use AirPlay on the X7 or AppleTV to "Throw" it on there from my phone/tab/MacBook).

There is an Alluc plugin for Kodi but haven't gotten around to installing it yet.

Edited by JB300

Ilikehd .. probably the best but still mediocre experience. Channels not available, out of sync, freeze .. things you might experience every day. The movies and TV series are ok, but it's illegal stuff.

So why would one pay a fee for using an illegal service?

The same reason people have paid for illegally available dvds, movies, software, perhaps?

I bought my Android TV Boxes on Aliexpress. Much more cheaper as in Thailand, free shipping, no import tax!!! But need 2-3 weeks to get it!!!

But in normal I look TV on my PC only with Internet Browser. It give some good websites with the most channels completly free.

The onliest problem with some sites are to much POPUps. :-)

http://www.freeintertv.com/view/id-1525/United_Kingdom-Movies-0-1

For movies I use http://www.bestfreestreaming.com/ because streaming portals comes and gone and this list is always updated.

Another good source is youtube. But you must search for "KEYWORD full movie" or similar and filter it for over 20 min.: Youtube

Quite a few options.

One is to get an android set top box for around 2,000 Baht.

Load it with IlikeHD. Download it from google play.

Pay around 500 Baht a month and get stacks of channels including all the cricket you need.

Test it on your computer screen first for a few baht for a 2 or 3 hour package. http://knd1.ilikehd.com/

There are other options which you will probably see here soon.

I have just completed my first month's subscription with iLikeHD, having used ExpatTV for a few years. I find iLikeHD is sometimes intermittent, unreliable and cumbersome. I need about 200 mouse-clicks before I can actually watch something. Half the programmes are showing in 480 quality instead of 720 - all squashed up. That includes my favourites, History, Discovery and Animal Planet. It keeps on 'hanging' while streaming. This is nothing to do with my internet connection...had NO problems with ExpatTV!

You don't need an Android box if your PC and Tv ,have HDMI connections,

just buy a HDMI cable and stream from PC to Tv, thats what I do.

regards Worgeordie

I converted to Windows 10 and my PC HDMI no longer works, however my Laptop with Windows 7 does?

As we don't want to hijack this thread, please post the same question as a new topic and we can probably help.

Sounds like you're missing a necessary driver (or driver support) for your video card.

And then the 5 minute advertising blocks on most channels every 15 minutes. Torrents are the best way to go.

Sorry to disagree but, torrents are old news. Kodi and in particular streaming are the way the future of media sharing is involving into. There are soooo many reasons to not torrent and for every one of those there is a better and more safer way to stream, or use Kodi.

My internet speeds are sufficient but streaming live TV is a whole different ball game.

Anything I watch on Genesis,movies TV series not a problem.

Load up Zeus and attempt to watch TV waste of time.

If you search for a while it's possible to find decent streams but again much depends on the time of day etc.

Mobdro no longer working as is Dexters TV unless like me you have a password and email set up from a while back.

KODI are nearing ready to release a new version see what that does.

Genesis and zeus are hit and miss, some channels work, many do not. The ones that do work just buffer all the time.

Dexters is the same, works some days but not others. Channel PEAR is better than dexter/genesis and zeus.

Modbro works well for TV shows but not so well for channels, make sure you use the latest modbro.

Really its best to forget these pirate apps, use genuine apps but you will need a VPN at about 150 baht a month.

And then the 5 minute advertising blocks on most channels every 15 minutes. Torrents are the best way to go.

Sorry to disagree but, torrents are old news. Kodi and in particular streaming are the way the future of media sharing is involving into. There are soooo many reasons to not torrent and for every one of those there is a better and more safer way to stream, or use Kodi.

I don't agree, streaming is good but the picture quality is never going to be as good as HD unless the Internet is top notch from the source to you.

I use a mix of both.

Genesis and zeus are hit and miss...

These are just aggregators of streams….you need to employ a mix of them in your kodi lineup.

Genesis, 1Channel, Icefilms, SALTS, Alluc….that's about it.

If you want genesis to work better, sign up for an account with ororo.tv, real debrid, tract etc….and fill in the login values into genesis settings.

You'll get more good links.

I typically see a few dead links on every genesis search, but once you get a good one, its smooth sailing right till The End.

I don't agree, streaming is good but the picture quality is never going to be as good as HD unless the Internet is top notch from the source to you.

I use a mix of both.

Torrents are inherently virus dangerous as you must download the media. You dont get them streaming. Also, torrents are illegal where as long as you arent downloading to your own machine and saving the files its still a gray area. But, then again we all know all these pay streams are illegal too

Picture quality depends on the source. I watch HD quality movies and TV all the time everyday in fact from Genesis. Now that's not to say that a POS stream doesnt happen once in a while it does but, overall if they say they are HD streams they usually are.

Kodi is a learning curve but once you get it works enough for me. I havent paid for TV for a couple years now since I got turned onto Kodi. I dont stream live and watch everything next day.

I Like these threads, good info.

Torrents are inherently virus dangerous as you must download the media. You dont get them streaming.

I think the phrase is "can be exploited", because while there is infected stuff out there, it's mostly apps and games.

Plus torrents are handy for taking on planes, etc.

Or if you have crap internet of course.

Only if you have good and reliable internet.

Otherwise torrents are the only answer for some.

A 30/3 connection is all you need....

A 30/3 connection is all you need....

Wow is that all you need?

Not all the members here have the availability of high speed internet. So again torrents are the answer for some.