CSD commander axed

rooster59

CSD commander axed

411-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: Crime Suppression Division commander Pol Maj-Gen Akradej Pimonsri was transferred to an inactive post at the operations centre of the National Police Office effective as of Friday November 27.

No reason was given for the abrupt transfer of the CSD chief by an order signed by Pol Gen Chakthip Chaichinda, the national police chief, although it was speculated earlier that the CSD chief might be axed.

The transfer order merely said that Pol Maj-Gen Akradej’s removal was for the sake of order and efficiency within the police force.

Appointed to replace Akradej in acting capacity was Pol Maj-Gen Charn Wimonsri, deputy commissioner of Central Investigation Bureau.

Earlier, a handful of CSD officers were abruptly transferred for alleged involvement with Mor Yong’s gang.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/csd-commander-axed

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-28

"CSD commander axed"

"...was transferred to an inactive post..."

When I was working and being axed meant I would be transferred to an inactive post, where I would do nothing all day, I would have told my Board Of Directors what I really thought of them.

I know losing face by the transfer brings some shame upon Akradej, but I would think making him pound the pavement looking for a new way to make a living would serve more of a deterrent to others who are thinking about following his same path.

BANGKOK: Crime Suppression Division commander Pol Maj-Gen Akradej Pimonsri was transferred to an inactive post at the operations centre of the National Police Office effective as of Friday November 27.

It appears that appointment to high posts in the the RTP and RTA are not as secure as they once were. There seems to be a rash of subsequent transfers or LM prosecution.

I have wondered about "Transfer to an inactive post" as a phrase when it is called "Suspended on full pay pending an investigation" (or gardening leave) in other parts of the world. Mind you the garden can be completely landscaped ant the new trees mature by the time the RTP have finished an investigation if some of the cases going through the courts are anything to go by.

Just when we though the Somyot legacy of lies, misinformation, and subterfuge was finally over, we clearly see that it never left the RTP when he did!

post-209291-0-10103200-1448700581_thumb.

Here, we have an article from the broadcaster we are told we can trust, with the heading ‘CDS commander axed’, reporting that the national police chief had signed an order to transfer the CSD chief to an inactive post. And the reason for the move - for the sake of order and efficiency within the police force.

Yet, only three days ago, in another article by our same trustworthy broadcaster, the national police chief was saying that the rumour Pol Lt-Gen Akradej Pimonsri would be moved out of the CSD was baseless, and that he was given a special assignment (etc., etc.). Read that article for yourself at http://www.mozaaf.com/post/3506106.

"CSD commander axed"

"...was transferred to an inactive post..."

When I was working and being axed meant I would be transferred to an inactive post, where I would do nothing all day, I would have told my Board Of Directors what I really thought of them.

I know losing face by the transfer brings some shame upon Akradej, but I would think making him pound the pavement looking for a new way to make a living would serve more of a deterrent to others who are thinking about following his same path.

I think it's very likely the move is not intended as actual punishment for wrongdoing, it's to shunt him aside to make an opening at the trough for a favored friend. I think if they really wanted to punish him they'd have to charge him with some crime, even lese majeste. I think they don't want to do that for various reasons.

More intrigue at the top of the BIB and as ever nothing's quite what it seems and equally as usual nothing will be done to change or seriously shake up this most embarrassing of govt departments.

In fact didn't the PM say something to the effect that he'd leave changes to the next govt ?

Begs the question WHY and I'm sure there can be many reasons advanced including something as simple as avoiding tackling really difficult problems ?

These senior high paid people who are supposed to lead by example (in any normal society) and should be beyond reproach, if this man has done something wrong then he should be handcuffed arrested shamed and charged - Thailand, If you really want to get serious about criminals and fight corruption then the first big step is to treat everyone the same when it comes to the law and justice - either start (deleted)ing or get off the pot

But of course if this man is shamed then he might start implicating other rotten officials - now we couldn't have that now could we, so off you go quietly and keep your trap shut

ax

aks/
verb
past tense: axed; past participle: axed
  1. end, cancel, or dismiss suddenly and ruthlessly.

* In some countries, it is a synonym for musical chairs by weak willed and ineffective people entrusted to manage and lead others

Edited by Benmart

ax

aks/
verb
past tense: axed; past participle: axed
  1. end, cancel, or dismiss suddenly and ruthlessly.

* In some countries, it is a synonym for musical chairs by weak willed and ineffective people entrusted to manage and lead others

Axe

post-233765-0-51791700-1448766248_thumb. + post-233765-0-93963900-1448766359_thumb.

Edited by LannaGuy