Tesco security guard, 19, hands in B400k found in toilet

webfact

Tesco security guard, 19, hands in B400k found in toilet
Eakkapop Thongtub

1449041925_1-org.jpg
Somkiet Jaturabandit (left) was very happy to get his pouch and B400,000 back from 19-year-old security guard Nattapong Rittidech. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A 19-year-old security guard has been rewarded for handing in a pouch containing B400,000 cash that he found on top of a urinal stall in the men’s room at the Tesco Lotus in Samkong on his first day of work at the shopping centre.

The guard, Nattapong Rittidech, was even rewarded with B3,000 for his honesty.

Nattapong had been working as a security guard for U.B.N. Phuket Andaman Co for only one month before he was posted at Tesco Samkong on Monday (Nov 30).

“That evening I went to the toilet and there was one teenager and a middle-aged man in the men’s room,” he said.

“A middle-aged man was standing next to me. He placed a black pouch on the shelf above the urinal before doing his business then walking out without his pouch.

“I finished my business and ran after him, but he was already gone, so I handed it in at the information desk. I never opened it or checked what was inside.”

Two hours later, the owner of the pouch, Somkiet Jaturabandit, returned to the centre and asked about the hefty pouch he left in the men’s room.

“I checked and the cash, ID cards and other documents were all still inside,” Mr Somkiet said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/tesco-security-guard-19-hands-in-b400k-found-in-toilet-55235.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-02

If it was seen a pouch was left, why wait and run after him ?

Why not say there and then you left your pouch ?

And if you leave a pouch in front of you, how can you not see it ? let alone remember it was there ? especially with such a large sum of money in it ? and why would you need to carry with you such a large sum ?

So many questions ......

And if you leave a pouch in front of you, how can you not see it ? let alone remember it was there ? especially with such a large sum of money in it ? and why would you need to carry with you such a large sum ?

So many questions ......

Answer - “I finished my business and ran after him, but he was already gone whistling.gif

So many questions ......

I assume you are a woman or you would understand it is not easy stopping mid-stream and chase after someone with your c**k in your hand.

He had to finish his business do his trousers up and put his smart uniform straight before leaving the men's room...... hope he washed his hands first too.

So many questions ......

NO questions. You just refuse to accept a heart warming story. You bad.

So many questions ......

Why would anyone spend time writing up something so negative??????? No one else had these questions, just you. The guy did the right thing for goodness sake.......

So many questions ......

I assume you are a woman or you would understand it is not easy stopping mid-stream and chase after someone with your c**k in your hand.

He had to finish his business do his trousers up and put his smart uniform straight before leaving the men's room...... hope he washed his hands first too.

You're forgetting he had to check his appearance in the mirror first.... seriously though, I don't see anything wrong with this story, things like this can happen and happen very quickly as in this case.

So many questions ......

Stop with the questions already I am getting a headache. The young lad did a good deed and the reward should have been bigger and all ended well. Quit playing Sherlock Holmes and enjoy the story.

So many questions ......

And your way too quick to make many assumptions about the timing of the event etc., etc., etc.

In Germany the going rate is 10% of the total amount found but any way a nice security guard.

Yes, 10% reward would have been appropriate = 40,000 baht, but the guard only got 3,000 baht.

But I wonder how much he had to share with his supervisor and the cops?

A weak reward in my opinion. Story says he turned it in without ever looking inside. Had he looked inside, the headline would be "Man loses 400k baht in toilet, offers reward"

Why trying to knock down the guy and the story.

Your comment says a lot about how you'd react.

So many questions ......

And if you had read the full story and viewed the pictures, you would have had all the answers.

the young guard is still a greenhorn give him a few months he will soon learn.

My thought was that a young guy, not earning much, would be faced with a real dilemna, nick it, not knowing the contents (and the worth could be zero) and face the potential bad karma, or hand it in, and hope for the good karma.

You made the right choice young fella.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Well this is not the first time we have heard a similar story of Thai honesty, if I recall correctly the last reports,was about two separate stories of Taxi Drivers who found cash in their cabs and returned it to the rightful owner! and congratulations to them for extreme honesty.