Water Filtration in dam's

OLDMANHARRY

Hi to all the none payed farmers , dose any body know or have a hay bailing machine you tow behind the tractor and a forage chopper to use after the rice harvester has done it's job, after year's of watching good stock feed just left in the paddy fields to root, I see hugh potential with a few idea's.

The other thing im chasing is quit a lot of barley hay ( square bale's ) I want to make a large bio filtration water system any idear's out there would be helpful, I want to recycle and air rate the water for my main big dam. size 160 mtrs long 80 mtrs wide average 4 mtrs deapth generally its pretty clean we have deep clay here but when I pump water from the my boundary river I get all the shit from everyone else.

The other thing is, if anyone out there has got any large water pumps I mean diesel driven ones, old or new I would be interested in purchasing them going or not .

Regards to all.

Ozzy

oldman

Stationary and tow behind balers are availible as far as i know,(look for balers in search section)

I'm interested to know the importance of barley bales Harry.

Feed barley would be as good as you could grow here but have never seen any

barley seed for sale.

Regards

Jo, Now you Know barley has other purposes then just making beer, Well it dose work well in my dam's here in West Australia and has done for years, one can use chemicals,for quick results,but the UV sun light kills the chemical compersite very fast.

Im going to hunt around for some Barley and tridicarlie ( creeping clover ) seed very high in protene 40% infact its better than lucern I cut 4 times a year in oz, in Khon Kean I recon cut 3 times a year I have about 40 rai of high ground, not bad lommy dirt which I reticulate water for rice, not any more, done my sum's this year 9.5 baht per kg,F---, its cheaper for me at tesco and by it by the ton, so be it, im putting a crop in.

Thanks for info re: baler will check it out.

Cheers Harry

Edited by OLDMANHARRY

You can buy balers for straw as FJ said, Italian Cicoria are popular round here ,small and can use a low hp tractor ,a few New Holland's about ,but getting on ,and need a Ford type tractor to pull it .

But it is the haulage of the straw is the problem ,you will need a modified pick up /truck to hale the straw ,if it is not modified ,buy puling on longer tail gates and wider sides ,you can not haul the quantity of straw to make it pay . modified ,a pick up can haul 200 bales , a 6 wheeled truck about 400 ,a 10 wheeled truck 600 bales

Asking around a bale of straw is selling for 25 Bart ,by the time you have brought your straw ,baled it, loaded it , hauled the stuff ,easily up to 100 km ,unload and stack the straw ,labour costs ,work out the margins yourself .

Some buy it in now when cheap and sell it when it starts to get dear ,normally June/July/August ,before the main rice harvest starts ,that is all right ,but you need storage facility's and it needs handling ,2-3 time ,labour cost 's.

Round here it is an industry and a big market ,being in a big dairying area ,rice straw is the main souse of forage for cattle ,( and it gives a big problem with cow infertility)

As for barley straw ,basically they is non ,a bit of wheat and barley is grown up north ,a bit cooler ,barley for beer is all imported ,barley for beer needs a variety that is high in nitrogen ,and Thailand can not grow it , look at TV's Wheat v Rice thread ,to hot and not enough day light hours .

Same as red clover ,to hot grow ,might get a crop in the rainy season ,this year? ,it is a pity would make a good green manure ,also no seed available ,would have to import the seed your self .

Can you use rice straw, must be something on Google about it .